[MOD][XPOSED] TimePicker Fix

Search This thread

Pezo

Apr 8, 2006
Linz
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Requires Xposed framework!

Hey guys,

I was surprised to see that no one made this before, so here is a module that fixes the broken Android TimePicker.

I consider the TimePicker broken because changing the minute from 59 to 0, or vice versa, increments or decrements the hour, respectively. Since it's common to choose a time by first setting the hour and then the minute, this is really annoying.
This module removes the described behavior from time pickers implemented using the android.widget.TimePicker class.

APK and source for the first version are attached.

The module can also be found on the Xposed repo: net.feichti.timepickerfix

Edit:
To be clear, I'm talking about the old spinner-style time picker like the right one in this picture, not the pretty one on the left.
timepicker.png

Update v1.1:
I uploaded a new version which adds the fix for date pickers.

Last edited:

terrorist96

Jul 9, 2012
I don't think this affects my Moto X. If I choose the minute, the hour doesn't change regardless of going past 59 out before 00. Is this a problem in xperia or stock Android only?

kotey

Aug 11, 2009
/etc/
Hi. Just started to use your great module. Been scratching my head since I started using my new phone (old one doesn't need fixing date/time) and didn't expected such weird behaviour from newer Android.

Would be great if the 'fix' being implemented for date also, since the 'feature/bug' not only affected time but date too.

Pezo

Apr 8, 2006
Linz
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Hi. Just started to use your great module. Been scratching my head since I started using my new phone (old one doesn't need fixing date/time) and didn't expected such weird behaviour from newer Android.

Would be great if the 'fix' being implemented for date also, since the 'feature/bug' not only affected time but date too.

I just uploaded a new version which adds this. Check it out and tell me if it's working for you.

Reactions: kotey

kotey

Aug 11, 2009
/etc/
Thanks. Both functions working now :) :)

Caveats:
- Time is enabled by default. Date is not, have to manually enable.
- Requires reboot after ticking/unticking to take effect (maybe only on my phone, or maybe others too)

Works great in the end nevertheless.

Edit:
Took a look at the source, everything looks good. I suppose that hook can only be released by a reboot. SharedPreference.OnSharedPreferenceChangeListener might change but didn't commit until next hook (reboot). Ok, I'm a *very* satisfied customer :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed framework!

Hey guys,

I was surprised to see that no one made this before, so here is a module that fixes the broken Android TimePicker.

I consider the TimePicker broken because changing the minute from 59 to 0, or vice versa, increments or decrements the hour, respectively. Since it's common to choose a time by first setting the hour and then the minute, this is really annoying.
    This module removes the described behavior from time pickers implemented using the android.widget.TimePicker class.

APK and source for the first version are attached.

The module can also be found on the Xposed repo: net.feichti.timepickerfix

Edit:
    To be clear, I'm talking about the old spinner-style time picker like the right one in this picture, not the pretty one on the left.
    timepicker.png

Update v1.1:
    I uploaded a new version which adds the fix for date pickers.

I just uploaded a new version which adds this. Check it out and tell me if it's working for you.