[Q]I9300 network unlock on firmware version 4.3 (EFS v2)

Search This thread

h0rm1

Aug 13, 2010
Hello,

Is there any solution to sim unlock the galaxy s3 on android 4.3 with the changed efs partition (v2)? I read a bunch of threads and the conclusion is it can't be done.
I have a couple of questions though:

I do have V1 backups of the efs folder. Is it possible to flash an older firmware, 4.1.1 for example and then restore the old efs backup and use the galaxsim unlock solution ? if i do this and upgrade the phone to 4.3 afterwards will it still be unlocked or i`ll remain stuck with the 4.1.1 rom ?

If i keep the current 4.3 rom and just modify the efs partition with the backup i have (v1) will it work ? i read in the faq thread that the newer firmwares still read the old efs format so it should be ok right ?

Thank you,
~h0rm1~

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
4.3 won't work with efs v1, to my understanding. If you unlock with 4.1 then when you update to 4.3 it will lock again.

EFS v2 was invented for a reason, to stop network unlocking without a valid code.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

h0rm1

Aug 13, 2010
4.3 won't work with efs v1, to my understanding. If you unlock with 4.1 then when you update to 4.3 it will lock again.

EFS v2 was invented for a reason, to stop network unlocking without a valid code.

i would like to try different combinations, as long as i have a backup of my efs folder i should be okay right ? :)
i wouldn't like to mess it up completely :D

Thanks

spocky12

Recognized Developer
Hello,

Is there any solution to sim unlock the galaxy s3 on android 4.3 with the changed efs partition (v2)? I read a bunch of threads and the conclusion is it can't be done.
I have a couple of questions though:

I do have V1 backups of the efs folder. Is it possible to flash an older firmware, 4.1.1 for example and then restore the old efs backup and use the galaxsim unlock solution ? if i do this and upgrade the phone to 4.3 afterwards will it still be unlocked or i`ll remain stuck with the 4.1.1 rom ?

If i keep the current 4.3 rom and just modify the efs partition with the backup i have (v1) will it work ? i read in the faq thread that the newer firmwares still read the old efs format so it should be ok right ?

Thank you,
~h0rm1~

As of now, there's still no possibility to directly unlock devices with efs v2. I'm still working on it.

One thing is sure though : once properly unlocked (efs v1 with 4.1 for instance), your device won't be locked again when you update to 4.3. It means that if you have efs v1 backup, you can flash an old 4.1 rom to your device, restore the backup, and then use GalaxSim Unlock. I believe all radio (even post mg4) can still read efs v1, so you shoudn't even need to flash an old rom (it's been confirmed working by a few users already).

h0rm1

Aug 13, 2010
As of now, there's still no possibility to directly unlock devices with efs v2. I'm still working on it.

One thing is sure though : once properly unlocked (efs v1 with 4.1 for instance), your device won't be locked again when you update to 4.3. It means that if you have efs v1 backup, you can flash an old 4.1 rom to your device, restore the backup, and then use GalaxSim Unlock. I believe all radio (even post mg4) can still read efs v1, so you shoudn't even need to flash an old rom (it's been confirmed working by a few users already).

Thanks for the reply, i eventually payed for the unlock code, i wasted too much time trying to make it work :)

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android

I'm totally confused then because when I bought my S3 it was locked to Three mobile(and yes it was definitely locked) and I used Galaxy Sim unlock to unlock it I was on 4.1. I now have the new EFS v2 and now switch between roms on a regular basis including 4.3:D I also looked on Galaxy Sim unlock site on Google play and the dev say's it may not work on new updates as well :confused:

Last edited:

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
My understanding was based on the number of people who have posted here after updating and found sim lock reinstated with no way to downgrade. It's possible their efs was already damaged and yours isn't.

Nothing seems to unlock efs 2 though, apart from a legit code, heard no success story yet.

Reactions: tallman43

123unlock

Nov 30, 2005
Apeldoorn
www.123unlock.nl
My understanding was based on the number of people who have posted here after updating and found sim lock reinstated with no way to downgrade. It's possible their efs was already damaged and yours isn't.

Nothing seems to unlock efs 2 though, apart from a legit code, heard no success story yet.

from now there is a way for direct unlock EFSv2 Security (needs root)
we're also working on ssnv crypted region unlock (as region locks are now also stored in nv_data in crypted form)

Code:
22:59:34 - Starting ADB Server
22:59:35 - ADB Device: GT-I9300
22:59:35 - SW Version: I9300XXUGNA8 (Android: 4.3)
22:59:35 - Phone Serial: RF1CA5Z2W8Y
22:59:35 - Platform: exynos4
22:59:35 - Checking SU Root Access..
22:59:41 - ROOT Access: True (SuperUser) Processing..
22:59:45 - NVM Readed Clearing Simlocks
22:59:48 - New Security Detected (EFSv2) Analysing now..
22:59:51 - HWIDS1 Found: Sending data to server..
23:00:02 - Received unlocked data from server.. processing now..

23:00:04 - Unlock Done..

-- Operation done in 34 seconds --

karabaja2

Jul 28, 2011
we're also working on ssnv crypted region unlock (as region locks are now also stored in nv_data in crypted form)

Code:

So when will it be available? :fingers-crossed:

bert2612

Aug 5, 2010
would changing the ROM to CM or even an older stock ROM help at all. I'm on stock Orange UK 4.3 and GalaxSim Unlock won't work, and I have received codes from Orange and they didn't work either so I'm reluctant to pay for more codes again. If I can somehow get GalaxSim Unlock to work this would be the best method as I've used it before and it works a charm

pcwiztech

Dec 11, 2013
Hello, pcwiztech. Thanks for reply

How can I input to the service menu? I have I9300 not I9305

Just dial the following keys *#197328640#

Main Menu
[1] UMTS
[1] Debug Screen
[8] Phone Control
[6] Network Lock
Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF
(after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in
[6] Network Lock then choose
[4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ ..... wait for a minute then reboot your phone

ddlencemc

Jun 23, 2014

Main Menu
[1] UMTS
[1] Debug Screen
[8] Phone Control
[6] Network Lock
(after choosing this option, wait about 30 seconds, then go back one step by pressing the Menu button then select Back, now you are in

I following key, but nothing not to do. Andorid 4.3
[SPOLER]
attachment.php
[/SPOLER]

Last edited:

alaugt2011

Sep 30, 2011
Guatemala
[SPOLER]
attachment.php
[/SPOLER]

Hello, I was just wondering if it is possible to go back to EFS v1 with a EFS v1 backup from another phone.
I'm on Android 4.3 with EFS v2 and have no backup from my EFS v1.
But I do have a backup for EFS v1 from another I9300. Could it be possible to use this backup and flash a 4.1 ROM ?, then change IMEI configuration in EFS v1. Then unlock and flash 4.3.

Reactions: ddlencemc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

So when will it be available? :fingers-crossed:

it's available in latest version at www.UnlockSamsungOnline.nl

keep in mind, phone need to have root access !, unlock efsv2 is permanent
    Hello, pcwiztech. Thanks for reply

How can I input to the service menu? I have I9300 not I9305

Main Menu
    [1] UMTS
    [1] Debug Screen
    [8] Phone Control
    [6] Network Lock
    Hi dear Tallman43 I am novice and I don't know what to do with your given kernels and patched modems . I'll find way how to change them without a doubt , but I need some help please advice me how to figure out what kernel to use from given your's above .Is there any differences between them ? And will it resolve my problem or I can get into more trouble ? thanks in advance ,and sorry for being such noob :)

Ok no problem here is a quick guide but please read and understand what you are doing first look here for some guides to help you >> http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/samsung-galaxy-s3-sticky-roll-thread-t2344125 <<

(1) Download Odin and Samsung drivers (please read guides on how to use)
    (2) Root your phone ( use CF-Root >> http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/orig-development/03-07-2012-cf-root-6-4-supersu-cwm5-5-t1695238 <<
    (3) Place the patched files on ext sd card and use cwm to flash the patched modem and kernel ( cwm is included in CF-Root) if not you can download and install it with Odin
    (4) Reboot you should then have a signal.

If you get a bootloop in any of the stages above reboot to recovery and factory reset/wipe cache

Please note the above is a quick guide please read all the guides and be sure you understand them before doing anything.:good:

As for which files to flash you can use any patched kernel and modem but I would probably use the Patched_XXUGMK6_modem.zip and the Patched_XXUGMK6_kernel.zip

Good luck and be careful.:)
    [SPOLER]
    attachment.php
    [/SPOLER]

Because you have 4.3!!!!

You need to install CWM Recovery then install this zip: http://filecloud.io/82jonx71

(i9300 Only)

Then do what I said in previous post

This will work on 4.1.1 only, both EFS v1 and v2 work