Can't decide

Search This thread

drkknight74

Dec 4, 2010
My spring contract ends on January 31st of this year and lately I've been wanting to get out of sprint and switch to Verizon. Sprint has slow 3g service, occasional dropped calls in my area of living , and they don't have phones that can compete with Verizon's (IMO). Now I can renew my contract by buying a new phone obviously but I want the new galaxy nexus on Verizon and I can't wait till sprint gets theres otherwise I won't have a cell phone to use for who knows how long. Even then Verizon has amazing 3g compared to sprints. What do y'all get think? What other options are available or what would be the smartest way to go?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

I Am Marino

Mar 13, 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
Depends on where you live and how the service is, for most people, it would SEEM that Verizon is far better than Sprint, also T Mobile is good in most cities, etc. You'll pay a little more on VZW but it may be worth it, never had any issues with signal, etc.

T Mobile is definitely best price wise and if you're in a city, I hear nothing but good things.

-Sent from my Droid 2-

phxshadow

Dec 26, 2011
Phoenix AZ
I have used every major carrier out there and Verizon has worked best for me. They are a little more expensive but they are the only carrier that gives me 4 bars where i live and i can watch video's on 3g here. Everyone else i had dropped calls and slow speeds but i'm sure every area is a little different.

Just my $.02 worth

noesilva

Sep 27, 2010
Go with Verizon I was with sprint 10 years was only saving 20$/month for ****ty dial up speeds n weak wifi they named 4g

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

drkknight74

Dec 4, 2010
thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it. I decided to go with the galaxy nexus on sprint. Found it for $179 on Amazon wireless. Much cheaper than Verizon had at their stores

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

cds0699

May 12, 2011
Shenandoah Junction WV
If you "been wanting to get out of sprint and switch to Verizon", then it sounds like you answered your own question. In the end it will likely come down to $20-$30 per month difference in most circumstances, so if that's not a problem for you, then why not get what you really want (IE Nexus on Verizon)?

Edit, didn't see your follow up post, enjoy your new phone :)

10Ring

Dec 26, 2011
Austin
Not worth the cost difference to me, especially with my hospital discount.

Do you want to switch just because it's something shiny and new, or do you want to switch because Verizon legitimately offers something you need and can't get with sprint?

drkknight74

Dec 4, 2010
Yes I just bought the galaxy nexus and Verizon legitimately offers me what sprint doesn't and that's full bars everywhere I'm at (work home and shopping centers) And the service is 3x faster compared to sprint in all Of those areas.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tyleeer

Feb 8, 2011
I'd go with Verizon. It all really depends on where you are, but if you get great service with Verizon, go with them. I'm an AT&T user myself but my roommate has Verizon and says he loves it. Great service, decent prices, and awesome customer support.

adelmundo

Oct 10, 2010
San Ramon, CA
Stay with Sprint. No throttling, no data caps. With Network Vision coming into fruition within the next few years, speeds will improve. In my area, I was getting less than 500kbps on 3G. Now I get almost 2 Mbps on 3G and 4G is 6+Mbps (East Bay Area in California). I use Youtube a lot and I'm able to stream videos in HQ on my phone with no lag or buffering on 3G.

Once you get on other carriers, you quickly find how fast you hit your data caps. Last month I used 6 GB of data.