Mms/internet settings not downloading (solved)

Search This thread

rdavisct

Feb 14, 2011
Greenacres
Not working fails.from lt30a with Vodafone3.03 without baseband then upped to stock rooted deodexed jb.how can I get internet to work?

Sent from my LT30p using xda premium

to be more specific.. i started with stock xperia at&t lt30 4.0.4

then in order to flash this rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2026918 i flashed (top selection) [STOCK FIRMWARE] Xperia T [LT30p] 7.0.A.1.303 [Vodafone UK] FTF by gregbradley as mentioned in order to use the deodexed 4.1 ,first i needed 303 firmware. so then i rooted, installed cwm, and flashed http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2026918 after wiping data/factory reset. and then lastly the reboot cwm fix and rebooted,now i get no internet/playstore on phone unless on wifi, when it asks randomly if i wanted to download mms/internet setting,i say yes. it hangs and eventually says "could not be downloaded".

Last edited:

rdavisct

Feb 14, 2011
Greenacres
Am i the only one with this problem?

i reflashed stock at&t ics and all is well,so i tried a different .303 ftf , the generic one and still same issue once phone booted,it tries to download mms/internet settings and the progress bar never locks, just times out after a couple minutes and im stuck with no internet, mms works,phone calls work, just no internet,facebook apps,etc.

i flash these other 303 ftf's always checking "excluding baseband" ..

apns are blank, ive thought of using APN Backup&Restore but as most know it incompatible with ics. so not sure what i could do. tried entering them manually ,from what i found online for Xperia S with AT&T but they dont stick. not sure where to go from here. I am suprised no one has run into this issue. Maybe its here somewhere in the general forum but i dont see it.

any help would be greatly appreciated

augie7107

Mar 18, 2009
Boston
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Am i the only one with this problem?

i reflashed stock at&t ics and all is well,so i tried a different .303 ftf , the generic one and still same issue once phone booted,it tries to download mms/internet settings and the progress bar never locks, just times out after a couple minutes and im stuck with no internet, mms works,phone calls work, just no internet,facebook apps,etc.

i flash these other 303 ftf's always checking "excluding baseband" ..

apns are blank, ive thought of using APN Backup&Restore but as most know it incompatible with ics. so not sure what i could do. tried entering them manually ,from what i found online for Xperia S with AT&T but they dont stick. not sure where to go from here. I am suprised no one has run into this issue. Maybe its here somewhere in the general forum but i dont see it.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Are you able to locate the apn on line. If yes, enter it and save it and you should be good to go. I have an AT&T Lt30at running UK generic JB and it would not download internet setting either. Loaded AT&T apn from Ion wiki posted by Spectre51 and its working fine.

rdavisct

Feb 14, 2011
Greenacres
Re: Mms/internet settings not downloading

Are you able to locate the apn on line. If yes, enter it and save it and you should be good to go. I have an AT&T Lt30at running UK generic JB and it would not download internet setting either. Loaded AT&T apn from Ion wiki posted by Spectre51 and its working fine.

Thanks.can you link me to it? I couldn't find the correct apn settings online.

Sent from my LT30at using xda premium

cartmenicus

Nov 27, 2011
British columbia
im on rogers and even after entering the lte apns data still wont work for me and woudlnt when i flashed back to rogers ics its really werid :/

rdavisct

Feb 14, 2011
Greenacres
Thanks for the APN's, i am saving them. ive been looking on the market (google play) and i found an app called "APN Utility". it seems to have saved the current APN's from stock so i am going to try to restore them once i flash 303 ftf. My first attempt was with "APN Backup&Restore" the app ive been using for years to fix this issue on other phones, but for some reason its incompatible with ICS & JB. but APN Utility went through,i will report back and let you guys know if it works. if not ill try manually.