verizon g2 on at&t LTE???

Search This thread

dakota510

Jan 23, 2014
i picked up a verizon g2 for 150 bucks (steal) and i'm running it on AT&T on hspa+ right now. i have heard that you can flash a stock at&t rom and gain LTE capeablities? is this true? I know there was a thread about doing this for t-mo users on the verizon variant but what about at&t?
I'm dying to have lte on this beast!

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
LTE is a different radio support. Verizon supports LTE but I'm not sure if the radios are the same. Verizon is the only carrier to really do some heavy tweaks to their rom and hardware.

The Verizon is unlocked for GSM. Honestly your best bet would be to use Tmobile since their HSPA+ service is up to like 42mpbs without the use of LTE radios. I have Verizon and LTE is nice but honestly I mostly keep it disabled just for battery savings. If you can get 3-5mbps then you are solid on a mobile. LTE is nice for WiFi Sharing with a laptop and downloads... but normal day to day facebook, twitter, emails, etc it isn't needed.

dakota510

Jan 23, 2014
so has nobody done this. on the verizon lg g2 dev thread there was a rom for t-mo users that would enable them to have LTE with the verizon g2. has this been done with at&t?
my hspa+ runs pretty good but wouldn't mind having LTE
thanks ahead of time

RKight

Aug 27, 2010
Louisville
I have Verizon and LTE is nice but honestly I mostly keep it disabled just for battery savings.

So do you keep your data on all the time? I keep LTE on all the time beaches I honestly notice a huge difference even with basic things like web browsing and Facebook. I just turn my data off when I'm not using it. I have no use for push notifications of any kind. My email is set for manual refresh and anything else, like Snapchat, will pop up when I turn, my data on. I don't like being blown up by notifications all day. I even have Facebook notifications turned off. I'll check it whenever I feel like it. Lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
so has nobody done this. on the verizon lg g2 dev thread there was a rom for t-mo users that would enable them to have LTE with the verizon g2. has this been done with at&t?
my hspa+ runs pretty good but wouldn't mind having LTE
thanks ahead of time

Link to TMobile thread?

hydeah

Nov 19, 2011
New York
The Verizon is unlocked for GSM. Honestly your best bet would be to use Tmobile since their HSPA+ service is up to like 42mpbs without the use of LTE radios. I have Verizon and LTE is nice but honestly I mostly keep it disabled just for battery savings. If you can get 3-5mbps then you are solid on a mobile. LTE is nice for WiFi Sharing with a laptop and downloads... but normal day to day facebook, twitter, emails, etc it isn't needed.

Especially if you live in an area like myself where LTE is actually slower than HSPA for most people. The LTE service I am getting from AT&T is terrible in my hometown, and with the silly limits AT&T put on D800, you cannot switch from LTE to HSPA so we are swimming in LTE pool full of people like iPhone and other android users, while the HSPA+ pool is empty because AT&T is not letting anyone go down the block to use HSPA pool..

Top Liked Posts