[Q] Hanging on initial boot with Virtuous Inquisition

Search This thread

altanimi

May 3, 2012
Sorry XDA, I'm new here, but I happen to have an issue when booting up the aforementioned ROM for the first time.
First off, I have a bootloader unlocked, S-ON Vivid (rooted) on a stock ROM and kernel, with WCX Recovery.

1) Extracted boot.img from the .zip file
2) Placed the .zip in the root of the internal SD card
3) Backup
4) Flashed the boot.img twice
5) Went to recovery, wiped dalvik, cache partition, and performed a factory reset
6) Immediately went to recovery and installed .zip from internal SD
7) ROM is installed, but on initial boot, hangs (not on the white HTC screen, but at the Virtuous logo).
- looking at adb logcat, it seems to loop (Sorry if I get the terminology wrong here); Fails, retries, and it repeats.

So, what am I doing wrong, or is there something that I need (or forgot) to do?

In advance, thanks for having to deal with a noob.

buckeyemike

Dec 20, 2010
Sorry XDA, I'm new here, but I happen to have an issue when booting up the aforementioned ROM for the first time.
First off, I have a bootloader unlocked, S-ON Vivid (rooted) on a stock ROM and kernel, with WCX Recovery.

3) Backup
5) Went to recovery, wiped dalvik, cache partition, and performed a factory reset
7) ROM is installed, but on initial boot, hangs (not on the white HTC screen, but at the Virtuous logo).
- looking at adb logcat, it seems to loop (Sorry if I get the terminology wrong here); Fails, retries, and it repeats.

I had this issue myself only I was running twrp recovery. What I did was to flash a new recovery from fastboot (the cwm in the cubed‘s guide, I would link but I'm on my phone) then re flash the boot.img and then wipe, factory reset then flash rom. Ymmv.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

Reactions: altanimi

Aus_Azn

Aug 14, 2010
If you're still out of luck...

In CWM, go to mounts and storage, format /system, /data, /cache, then flash the ZIP. No need to factory reset; wiping data and cache does that for you by consequence.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3) Backup

I had this issue myself only I was running twrp recovery. What I did was to flash a new recovery from fastboot (the cwm in the cubed‘s guide, I would link but I'm on my phone) then re flash the boot.img and then wipe, factory reset then flash rom. Ymmv.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA