Nexus 7 3G 2012 doubt

Search This thread

croccodillo

Jun 29, 2012
Hello all,

I'm on the forum for a long time, now, in the beginning in the HTC Desire forum, then on the HTC Sensation and now here.
I just bought from a friend an used Nexus 7 3G (Tilapia) tablet, which I really like.

I realized too late that the 3G model has far less developmnent activity with regards the Wifi only model, probably due to its far less distribution.

Now, I rooted my tablet and installed CM11, but I'm not completely satisfied.

What I'd like to have is a Kernel with the possibility to overclock the tablet, but I can't find any for the Tilapia.

Moreover, the available ROMs are not too much, and all based on CM11.

So, my questions:

1. Is there a stable Kernel I can use with CM11 (Kitkat 4.4.2) with which I can overclock the tablet?

2. What would happen if I install a Kernel + ROM designed for the Grouper model on my Tilapia? Would it work (with the exception of 3G, of course)?
In other words, is the hardware the same on Grouper and Tilapia, so I can use the saem ROMs and/or Kernels?

Thank you in advance.

Ciao,
Giovanni

Snuzzo

Account currently disabled
Dec 31, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
http://vp-zp.com/snuzzo/kernels

V1.4 is what your looking for. Unsure if it will work on the tilapia though, if you wanna try it make a backup prior. If you bootloop/hang at boot hold vol down and power that will get you back to bootloader where you can access recovery :)

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

croccodillo

Jun 29, 2012
Hello,

At the end I installed SlimKAT ROM, which is very slim (pune intended) and fast, together with the Faux Kernel.
I'm running the "Ultimate" version of the Kernel, running the processor to 1.7 Ghz (actually, 1.6Ghz): I cound't be happier!

Ciao,
Giovanni

Reactions: Snuzzo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

At the end I installed SlimKAT ROM, which is very slim (pune intended) and fast, together with the Faux Kernel.
    I'm running the "Ultimate" version of the Kernel, running the processor to 1.7 Ghz (actually, 1.6Ghz): I cound't be happier!

Ciao,
    Giovanni