[DISCUSSION][GUIDE][S4] Liberty ROM - The Sixth Element | Flashing Instructions

Search This thread

dd98

May 19, 2013
Sense 6 is finally here!!! Huge thanks to @bilal_liberty. Any questions you may have then ask away. This was a Sense 6 speculation thread so don't mind the posts up to 22nd of April

[ROM][4.4.2][4.4.3][Sense 6][SVN] LIBERTY ROM - The Sixth Element

Installation instructions of Liberty Sixth Element.(NOOB Friendly)​

You need a custom recovery to install this ROM using either method. You can install CWM Recovery or TWRP. I recommend TWRP

Liberty Sixth Element Installation Instructions for those on HBOOT 2.15 or already on HBOOT 2.16
  1. Download the ROM from here or using SVN, if you don't know how to use SVN follow my guide here
  2. Place it on your SD Card and reboot to recovery
  3. When you get to recovery you must Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik-Cache
  4. Flash the ROM
  5. Reboot and Enjoy

Liberty Sixth Element Installation Instructions for those who also want to install HBOOT 2.16

Read these notes before installing
  • Charge your phone to AT LEAST 50%
  • Installing HBOOT 2.16 will WIPE your SD Card, so back up your files
  • Windows: You NEED drivers installed (latest drivers here)
  • Linux: You NEED UDEV rules configured (Google it)
  • This REQUIRES S-OFF (find out how to here)

1. Download the ROM from here or using SVN, if you don't know how to use SVN follow my guide here
  4. Flash the ROM
  5. Download the HBOOT 2.16 firmware.zip from here and download TWRP recovery from here
  6. Place both files in a convenient location, like the Desktop
  7. Open a command/terminal window and "cd" to the location of the file. (E.g. cd C:\Users"your username"\Desktop or. cd ~/Desktop)
  8. Now put your phone in fastboot mode and type (without quotes) "fastboot oem rebootRUU" (It will reboot you to a black screen with HTC logo)
  9. Now in the command/terminal window type in (without quotes) "fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
  10. You should get the following message "FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)", just wait for the phone to connect to fastboot and type in (without quotes) "fastboot flash zip firmware.zip"
  11. Then once command/terminal window shows its finished then type (without quotes) "fastboot reboot-bootloader"
  12. Once the computer recognizes the phone type in (without quotes) "fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.7.1.0a-ville-dm.img"
  13. Then type (without quotes) "fastboot reboot"
  14. Once your computer recognizes your SD Card, copy the ROM to your SD Card and reboot to recovery
  15. Once in recovery, Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik-Cache
  16. Now flash the ROM and enjoy HTC's latest and greatest

Work has begun on bringing Sense with Lollipop to the One S

Last edited:

secaplus

Feb 17, 2010
Software number is very strange. My ONE S is running 4.1.1 and soft number is 3.16.401.8 in the picture post before it's 2.12.401.1

Envoyé depuis mon HTC One

dd98

May 19, 2013
Software number is very strange. My ONE S is running 4.1.1 and soft number is 3.16.401.8 in the picture post before it's 2.12.401.1

Envoyé depuis mon HTC One

its the htc evo 4g lte software number, all it is is the build.prop needs to be changed so dont worry. the 4.3 rom is ported from the evo 4g lte

TheEndHK

Apr 25, 2011
HTC said One Mini will receive 4.4.2 with sense 6.0 in Q2(May or June), we will have a port from One Mini later. But then it would be around July.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sense 6 is finally here!!! Huge thanks to @bilal_liberty. Any questions you may have then ask away. This was a Sense 6 speculation thread so don't mind the posts up to 22nd of April

[ROM][4.4.2][4.4.3][Sense 6][SVN] LIBERTY ROM - The Sixth Element

Installation instructions of Liberty Sixth Element.(NOOB Friendly)​

You need a custom recovery to install this ROM using either method. You can install CWM Recovery or TWRP. I recommend TWRP

Liberty Sixth Element Installation Instructions for those on HBOOT 2.15 or already on HBOOT 2.16
    4. Flash the ROM
    5. Reboot and Enjoy

Liberty Sixth Element Installation Instructions for those who also want to install HBOOT 2.16

Read these notes before installing
    • Charge your phone to AT LEAST 50%
    • Installing HBOOT 2.16 will WIPE your SD Card, so back up your files
    • Windows: You NEED drivers installed (latest drivers here)
    • Linux: You NEED UDEV rules configured (Google it)
    • This REQUIRES S-OFF (find out how to here)

4. Flash the ROM
    5. Download the HBOOT 2.16 firmware.zip from here and download TWRP recovery from here
    6. Place both files in a convenient location, like the Desktop
    7. Open a command/terminal window and "cd" to the location of the file. (E.g. cd C:\Users"your username"\Desktop or. cd ~/Desktop)
    8. Now put your phone in fastboot mode and type (without quotes) "fastboot oem rebootRUU" (It will reboot you to a black screen with HTC logo)
    9. Now in the command/terminal window type in (without quotes) "fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
    10. You should get the following message "FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)", just wait for the phone to connect to fastboot and type in (without quotes) "fastboot flash zip firmware.zip"
    11. Then once command/terminal window shows its finished then type (without quotes) "fastboot reboot-bootloader"
    12. Once the computer recognizes the phone type in (without quotes) "fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.7.1.0a-ville-dm.img"
    13. Then type (without quotes) "fastboot reboot"
    14. Once your computer recognizes your SD Card, copy the ROM to your SD Card and reboot to recovery
    15. Once in recovery, Wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik-Cache
    16. Now flash the ROM and enjoy HTC's latest and greatest

Work has begun on bringing Sense with Lollipop to the One S
    HTC said One Mini will receive 4.4.2 with sense 6.0 in Q2(May or June), we will have a port from One Mini later. But then it would be around July.

I have sucessfully booted sense 6 on our One S

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2654426&stc=1&d=1395966380
    well that made me feel stupid :eek: and yeah he will probably port it to our device sooner or later

lol, u would have asked me :rolleyes: Anyways, if we boot 4.4, getting sense 6 will not be a big challenge :)
    M4 Insertcoin rom HtcLockscreen.apk works, not need resize.

Download with snv browser

hxxp://m4-insertcoin.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I think that's a ROM issue not a kernel issue but it could also be that the kernel is based of bilal_liberty's and he hasn't fixed it in his kernel source

its the rom issue not kernel