[Q] NFC turning off randomly

Search This thread

telveer

Dec 10, 2008
NFC is turning off randomly on my S5. At first I thought I had turned it off by mistake but it is repeatedly turning off and I am now positive I am not turning it off by mistake. I don't use Power Saving Mode and my phone is always has 50% of more battery. Is anyone else facing this problem? :confused:

Apr 29, 2014
NFC is turning off randomly on my S5. At first I thought I had turned it off by mistake but it is repeatedly turning off and I am now positive I am not turning it off by mistake. I don't use Power Saving Mode and my phone is always has 50% of more battery. Is anyone else facing this problem? :confused:

I just tested this, it is from TURNING YOUR PHONE ON AND OFF. If you turn on s beam, then turn the device off, when you turn it back on the s beam will in fact be OFF. Try this, may be helpful.

telveer

Dec 10, 2008
I just tested this, it is from TURNING YOUR PHONE ON AND OFF. If you turn on s beam, then turn the device off, when you turn it back on the s beam will in fact be OFF. Try this, may be helpful.

By turning off, did you mean a full power down? I did not power down the phone. And I don't use S Beam. The native NFC itself is turning off once in a while, without any user intervention. This is breaking some of my automated NFC taksks .. I keep hitting my programmed tags and nothing happens, and that is when I realize NFC had turned off.

Rlin5741

Aug 27, 2011
--- bump ---

Any one else facing this issue? NFC is turning off randomly on my Galaxy S5. I don't use any power saving features. I have not restarted my phone.

Many users on AndroidCentral are reporting the same problem: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/383092-nfc-turning-off-itself.html

The issue for me, at least, is not tied to turning the phone off and on. I do notice the NFC turning off whenever I use the camera from the lock screen. Perhaps as a security feature, the phone turns off NFC if you wake the phone only in the lock screen camera (normally NFC turns on when the phone wakes), but never reactivates it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

Rlin5741

Aug 27, 2011
The issue for me, at least, is not tied to turning the phone off and on. I do notice the NFC turning off whenever I use the camera from the lock screen. Perhaps as a security feature, the phone turns off NFC if you wake the phone only in the lock screen camera (normally NFC turns on when the phone wakes), but never reactivates it.

I tested on a friend's s5, has the same pattern. Turn NFC on, as soon as I activate camera from the lock screen, the NFC will turn off and stay off.

THFourteen

Mar 20, 2012
Did anyone ever resolve this issue?

I see the same behaviour, NFC switches itself off when i use the lock screen camera for definite.

It may also switch off occasionally after a reboot