[Q] CM11 - kitkat 4.4.2 Camera

Search This thread

xPhrosty

Aug 8, 2013
Hey,
ive been running cyanogenmod 11 nightlies and its been a good experience so far, fast and hardly any bugs. the only problem i have is the stock camera. its not even close to the quality of sense roms. it has trouble focusing and the quality is just subpar. Is there any fixes or mods to help improve quality or is it just one of the drawbacks of running stock android?

bilal_liberty

Aug 28, 2012
Hey,
ive been running cyanogenmod 11 nightlies and its been a good experience so far, fast and hardly any bugs. the only problem i have is the stock camera. its not even close to the quality of sense roms. it has trouble focusing and the quality is just subpar. Is there any fixes or mods to help improve quality or is it just one of the drawbacks of running stock android?

hey

The thing is sense camera can't be ported to aosp.

Bogdan9183

Mar 23, 2013
Well from what I noticed, the image does not look sharp in the camera app, but after I went into gallery and zoomed in, it loads and looks a lot better. I'm not really disappointed with it.

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Snap Camera HDR is built from the same 4.4 source, but has many enhancements and performance improvements. It's significantly faster and has a better burst mode. Worth the $2, and you can even install a trial version.

xPhrosty

Aug 8, 2013
came searterp

Snap Camera HDR is built from the same 4.4 source, but has many enhancements and performance improvements. It's significantly faster and has a better burst mode. Worth the $2, and you can even install a trial version.

thanks for the suggestion. how would you compare the quality of the stock camera with that of snap camera hdr?

fonnae

Sep 14, 2012
thanks for the suggestion. how would you compare the quality of the stock camera with that of snap camera hdr?

I would also say to go with a paid camera app. I've heard good things about procapture but too cheap to buy it myself yet. Currently I'm use Camera MX. I installed it while I was still running sense and I had the opportunity to compare the two head to head. I'd say the sense one was definitely better but only ever so slightly. Certainly now that I compare Camera MX to the stock one on 4.4, it is like night and day. Camera MX is waaay better.

Finally, I should mention that some camera app makers are starting to tune their apps to the flagship phones (eg. HTC One, S4). That doesn't really help us, but it's something to consider when making your next purchase. Things like the camera really need to be tuned to the hardware to get the best performance.

xPhrosty

Aug 8, 2013
I would also say to go with a paid camera app. I've heard good things about procapture but too cheap to buy it myself yet. Currently I'm use Camera MX. I installed it while I was still running sense and I had the opportunity to compare the two head to head. I'd say the sense one was definitely better but only ever so slightly. Certainly now that I compare Camera MX to the stock one on 4.4, it is like night and day. Camera MX is waaay better.

Finally, I should mention that some camera app makers are starting to tune their apps to the flagship phones (eg. HTC One, S4). That doesn't really help us, but it's something to consider when making your next purchase. Things like the camera really need to be tuned to the hardware to get the best performance.

Thanks for the suggestion, ill definitely give camera mx a try,

A7X_2010

May 15, 2014
Nürnberg
Hi,
I run on CM11 and I think the stock CM11 cam is ok.
But I have a problem when the cam needs the flashight in dark environments. The Cam doesn't use the flashlight to focus the image. Only when the image is being recorded, the flashlight is used. That's why I have bad, fuzzy results if the pictures were taken in the dark.

I have also tried another camera apps like the Camera MX but there is the same problem.
Are there others who have the same problem or can it be solved by the settings?

THX

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
Camera is getting better on 4.4.
No HDR, but decent.
Bad in 4.4 si sound. No Beats Audio...

Camera is not the same in 4.4.2 roms. Some have more options, some ar thin in facilities.

Last edited:

pandorazboxx

Jun 6, 2011
Norfolk, VA
just switched to cm11 from an older sense rom. Big feature I'm missing in the camera is the ability to take pictures while recording. This feature is supposed to be included on the camera now, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. Am I missing something?

I have the latest version 2.2.024.

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
Camera on 4.4.4 Deviant Xone is Good.
I think its about the same like sense camera.
Thank you, $droyd$

Murph07

May 14, 2011
I use the app camera zoom fx, because I don't like the Cm camera app.
Camera zoom fx is much better.

ThoHei

Jun 25, 2014
Hi,

i`m current using 4.4.4 since update on 4.4.2 the camera can not zoom. I can zoom on the screen but the picture isn´t zoomed.

That ist with both apps (cm11 app and google camera).

Is there any solution?

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
Now i use MIUI Germany 4.3.2.8 Android 4.1.1
Camera have HD option. Foto not so good.
Picture is way better with Deviant Xone camera.
I have tried the software with HD camera, or "professional HD camera". Description is fantastic.
Soft, NO!