[Q] [NEED HELP] Samsung Galaxy S NOT Recognized by Windows 7

Search This thread

Zavonn

Jun 5, 2010
[FIXED] thanks guys

When I connect my Samsung Galaxy S, the computer doesn't do ANYTHING (it doesn't recognize that anything has been connected), and the SGS doesn't even recognize that it's connected to anything. All the phone does is charge...not even a notification drop down prompts me to enter USB mass storage or charge etc. I've factory reset the phone many times (plugged & unplugged), and nothing seems to fix it. I can't find my SGS in the Device manager to reinstall drivers either.

I am running Windows 7 64bit on a Sony Vaio, if that helps.

I've searched tons of sites & forums and none seems to have a working solution...Any ideas/fixes?

Last edited:

Zavonn

Jun 5, 2010
I think I found the problem I was having...I was using a Rocketfish CHARGING cable, and although it looks like a USB cable (it connects to the computer via usb), it does nothing but charge...so I took off the micro usb adapter that affixed onto the mini usb charging cable and re-affixed it onto a random mini usb cable I had lying around. And now it connects to the computer! I can now use all the other tutorials fixing the generic "usb driver not installed properly" problem.

Spitfire128

Sep 23, 2008
I had the exact same problem. Googled and found a forum post somewhere with the following solution:

Turn off Galaxy S. Connect to pc by USB. Turn on Galaxy S.

Yeah.

Worked for me, anyway. Ever since I did that it's been working fine even if I connect it while it's turned on.

EDIT: Gah, didn't notice you had it solved already, thought the second post was from someone else. Oh well.

Last edited:

gladman

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto
I can't get mine to connect using the above methods to windows 7 - windows 7 says it cannot install the MTB drivers.

skonyoi

Jan 15, 2011
I had the exact same problem. Googled and found a forum post somewhere with the following solution:

Yeah.

Worked for me, anyway. Ever since I did that it's been working fine even if I connect it while it's turned on.

EDIT: Gah, didn't notice you had it solved already, thought the second post was from someone else. Oh well.

didn't work :confused:

thegangsta

Aug 30, 2007
Use the cable that came with your phone. I had issues with a second cable I bought for my second pc. Changed the cable back and everything was fine.

slaphead20

Feb 13, 2011
Out there somewhere
Use the cable that came with your phone. I had issues with a second cable I bought for my second pc. Changed the cable back and everything was fine.

For all, there has always been a problem with sammy usb cables/ports, so when connected up to pc, always take care not to knock phone, this will become especially important when you connect to odin if you get into rom flashing :)

Insanity cm 014/glitch

lassara

Apr 26, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S EPIC not recognized by win 7 computers

Pls install Android SDK .It may require you to install java jdk .Then install the samsung drivers for 64 bit install 64 bit drivers ......32 bit won't work. & use the genuine samsung cable. No need of powered hubs or desktops instead of laptops. It will work. Thanks:)

machinehead121

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai

Yeah.

thanks a ton man !! :D

this issue was getting on my nerves and i googled alot but couldnt find a solution to it...and then i searched on xda ..saw few same issues but the solution didnt work and now when i came here and tried your method..it actually worked :D though i dont own this phone but your post helped..thanks man :D :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah.