Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy S4

For Questions and any Discussion use > this thread <

logo.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i9500
Google Apps (CyanogenMod): http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps
Google Apps (Paranoid with ART Support): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Installation

- First time flashing CM11 to your Galaxy S4 (or coming from another ROM)?
  1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
  2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
  3. Do a Nandroid backup!
  4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  6. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from CM10.2?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  3. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from another build of CM11?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!

Known Issues
Please do not report bugs if it is already listen in the list of known issues
  • Random Call Audio Quality
  • Speaker a bit loud at maximum volume
Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
What is your--
Phone model:
Radio (baseband):
CM version:
CM Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
ART Runtime:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Changelog

A rough changelog is available here:
http://www.cmxlog.com/11/i9500/

For previous unofficial releases, see here

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
[NIGHTLY][i9500][ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
Alberto96, intervigil, runedrune, Grarak
Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-02-23
Last Updated 2015-10-03

lorzinian

Feb 3, 2013
Storage issues

Are there storage issues in this build?? I'm unable to take pictures or download anything... Please help...

Reactions: BeingAbhi

thiagoribeirorj

Feb 25, 2012
Campos dos Goytacazes
Redmi K20 Pro
Last edited:

robertostorm

Dec 20, 2013
Asunción
Interim Solution for error while copying files to the internal memory via USB.

* this error is due to a problem in the default kernel CyanogenMod.

To fix, download the kernel below and install on your phone via ODIN. Evident that after installing the ROM.

Link download #Perseus Kernel

https://mega.co.nz/#!DBxyUBDb!OxRnDjNbqk2fiVDsfsOilRTv8spe3zW1kZsomcLLj34

credits: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2272602

This one is for flashing via recovery :)https://mega.co.nz/#!l1R0lTIS!JdcJCvFDdv1MCZSfMNCkY9LvmM3ro3u71EgJ59PRn60

Reactions: FalconiZer

thiagoribeirorj

Feb 25, 2012
Campos dos Goytacazes
Redmi K20 Pro
Hi @Alberto96 the camera doesn't work on the latest nightly official cm11 release. When I open the camera it says unfortunately, camera has stopped.
Is Anyone Else Experiencing the same issue?
Im Using 22 feb build nightly, with Perseus Aplpha 16.1

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The bug that causes the process to terminate the camera is that the application does not get access to the internal memory.
Flash the above commented that the kernel problem to occur. Made here and the error stopped.

Reactions: chery22

intervigil

Jun 5, 2009
Bay Area
Ehm...now storage configuration is correct.... (without any "hack")
@intervigil : is there something else wrong ?

There shouldn't be according to the source code. We are not using -w 1023 and -d anymore for external storage sdcard instance. Internal storage should have been working this entire time. FWIW I've not encountered any issues with storage this whole time, I'm also fully able to take pictures to both internal and external storage from the stock CM Camera app.

How are people accessing the SD card anyway? Third party camera app, file explorer without root, file explorer with root, via USB mass storage, via terminal emulator?

oz_90

Feb 16, 2012
Guatemala
Its A Known Issue With Stock KiTka Roms There Is A WaY To Fix IT Hope iT Will Work WiTh CM , Try To Install Folder MounT From PlayStore Apply The Fix And ResTarT.

LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS :)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know it's something known. According to @intervigil it shouldn't be causing any problem because is already fixed in the code, but for me and other people is still there. I posted just to let him know that we are experiencing that.

Anyways thanks for your response, I'm using Perseus so I'm not facing that now. :good:

Droidcore

Feb 19, 2013
Yogyakarta - Indonesia
the camera also got problem........ cant take pic.......... how to fix it ??

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

i put the Titanium Backup app in system/app , then reboot, it can use...........but now my camera got problem~ it say cant connet to camera

Because sdcard problem.. Flash perseus :)

Reactions: vuiseng
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [NIGHTLY][ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy S4

For Questions and any Discussion use > this thread <

logo.png

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i9500
    Google Apps (CyanogenMod): http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps
    Google Apps (Paranoid with ART Support): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Installation

- First time flashing CM11 to your Galaxy S4 (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from CM10.2?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from another build of CM11?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!

Known Issues
    Please do not report bugs if it is already listen in the list of known issues
    • Random Call Audio Quality
    • Speaker a bit loud at maximum volume
    Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    ART Runtime:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Changelog

A rough changelog is available here:
    http://www.cmxlog.com/11/i9500/

For previous unofficial releases, see here

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [NIGHTLY][i9500][ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy S4, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    Alberto96, intervigil, runedrune, Grarak
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2014-02-23
    Last Updated 2015-10-03
    Hi all :)

I'm back and I got 4.4.2 exynos5410 sources so expect something new this month :p

Changes mostly related to graphics (ui, video playback, camera...)

Still no news on Audio but after this update I'll work on it.

No ETAs ;)

Unfortunately i have 0 time this days and i can't check the current situation. Tomorrow I will restart all my dev activities :D

FYI: Storage bug is due to the gps daemon resetting permissions on /data/system. Do a chown system:system /data/system and the internal storage sdcard daemon will suddenly be able to access /data/system/packages.list again, allowing it to properly enforce permissions.