[THEME][TUT][VID] Archos 101 Dark Theme

Search This thread

honighamster

Feb 4, 2011
I have a problem with Multipicture, because everytime i choose 5 Homescreens my Wallpapers look unsharp.
I tested it with 3 Homescreens and they are sharp.
Do u have an idea?
PS: Thanks for the great theme
Edit:In your TuT u wrote that screen 2 and screen 3 are Social ;)

Last edited:

@xDeepS

Sep 17, 2010
Dubai
deepsoni.me
I have a problem with Multipicture, because everytime i choose 5 Homescreens my Wallpapers look unsharp.
Do u have an idea?

Yes, they do look unsharp, I have optimized all the wallpapers to look as sharp as they can be. This is a problem that I am currently working on. I have contacted the Multipicture Dev and he said he will be pushing out future updates to fix that. Currently we do not have any other alternatives for such a thing to be done... thats why the dock looks blurred in the original screenshot at dA.

Thanks for the correction and your welcome :)

Reactions: Lenn

Lenn

Jan 14, 2011
Lippstadt
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!:D
You did a really great job!
im at the 3rd screen at the moment..:D

EDIT:

You have forgot "Desktop Visualizer" in Apps in your tut;)

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Looks good, thanks for the detailed instructions. You know LauncherPro+ has the ability to back up settings in sdcard/launcherpro_backup. You could always upload this file to help simplify the LP setup?

And those who were so impatiently waiting for this tut to be uploaded, how about clicking the "THANKS" button now its done. I'm sure SilentRazor has a real life too....

@xDeepS

Sep 17, 2010
Dubai
deepsoni.me
Looks good, thanks for the detailed instructions. You know LauncherPro+ has the ability to back up settings in sdcard/launcherpro_backup. You could always upload this file to help simplify the LP setup?

And those who were so impatiently waiting for this tut to be uploaded, how about clicking the "THANKS" button now its done. I'm sure SilentRazor has a real life too....

How come i forgot that.. will upload that later. And thanks, everyones got a life :D
How do you get the dock to work on the homescreen?
The docks a part of the wallpapers....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Archos 101 Dark Theme
    fKu4b.gif
    Information:
    This is a HomeScreen Theme, it doesn't have any other apps customized. I will in the future make fully skinned themes with custom frameworks. This is just my first try, better ones to come.

Performance:
    It uses many 3rd Party Addon Apps and Widgets. Some people pay argue it may eat up the system memory but I have been using this setup since a week and its suitable for daily use. There are occasional lags if the Media Scan is going on. And it takes another minute after boot for the apps to start up. Then you may have to use Advanced Task Killer (ATK) to kill some apps on startup. That is all thats need to smooth the tab out after boot. Takes a few minutes. I have TweetDeck, Kik, Facebook, eBuddy, Dolphin Browser and MusicPlayer Pro open at all times and I dont see any lag. So you guys should be fine :)

What you need:
    • Archos 101
    • Launcher Pro Plus*
    • MultiPicture Live Wallpaper (in Market)
    • Cowon D3 Clock (in Market)
    • Minimalistic Text (in Market)
    • Pure Messenger (in Market)
    • Extended Controls (in Market)
    • Music PlayerPro (in Market)
    • Simi Folders (in Market)
    • Desktop Visualizer (in Market)
    *About the launcher: You need LP+ as it allows you to overlap and resize widgets... ADW EX allows this but doesn't play well with MultiPicture Live Wallpaper.

Pre Preparation:
    Make sure you have all the apps listed above and download the zip file with the files in it and put it in the internal root directory.

App Settings:
    Below are the fundamental settings I have set in all the Apps, please have the things listed below as they are set.
    LauncherPro Plus-
    General Settings>Hidden Apps>Hide all the stuff later on.
    General Settings>Enable Scrollable Widgets> Tick
    HomeScreen Settings>Number of Screens>5
    HomeScreen Settings>Default Screen>3
    HomeScreen Settings>Transition Effect> None
    HomeScreen Settings>Number if Columns>10
    HomeScreen Settings>Number of Rows>9
    Dock Settings>Number of Docks>1
    Enable Loop Scrolling> No
    Behavior Settings>Enable Auto Rotation> No
    Behavior Settings>Home Key Action>Show/Hide Status Bar
    Behavior Settings>Home Key Default Screen> Yes
    Appearance Settings>Dock background> None
    Appearance Settings>Dock background> Show Screen indicator> No
    Appearance Settings>Dock background> Hide Notification Bar > Yes
    Appearance Settings>Dock background> Home Button App Drawer > No
    Appearance Settings>Dock background>Hide Icon labels > No
    Appearance Settings>Dock background> Disable Wallpaper Scrolling > No
    Appearance Settings>Dock background> Highlight > Outline
    Advanced Settings> Play around with it. Do NOT enable 3D as it doesnt support landscape. Be careful in here tho.
    LP Widgets > None

MultiPicture Live Wallpaper-
    Common Settings>Picture Source> No need to set this now.
    Common Settings>Background Color> Black
    Common Settings>Crop/Resize> Show Entire Picture
    Common Settings>Decrease Saturation>100%
    Common Settings>Decrease opacity> 100%
    Drawing Settings> transition Type> NONE
    Drawing Settings> No Reflection
    Thats it for MultiPicture Live Wallpaper for now.

Minimalistic Text-
    Just add a dummy widget anywhere for now and go to Global Settings. Set your settings there and set the fonts folder to /sdcard/fonts (or /fonts) depending where your internal root is. Press save and home. If you see the widget, remove it.

Basic HomeScreen Customization:
    We will be doing everything in Landscape View
    First get rid of the Launcher Dock on the Right. Here's what to do:
    Hold the top most icon and set Swipe Gesture action as Show/Hide Status Bar.
    Then on the same icon long press and Change > Icon > Blank
    Do the same with all the 4 icons below but on the third one, set it to Open Notifications as a Swipe Gesture. And on the 5th or the lower most icon, set the Gesture as Open App Drawer Now that we are done with that, you should have your Status Bar hidden and no dock icons. Just the screen and the soft buttons.

Now set the open up the MultiPicture Live Wallpaper and add screens to it.
    Please download the zipped folder in this thread and extract it in the internal root as it is. If you haven't done so yet.
    This should be pretty straight forward.
    Screen 1 = System
    Screen 2 = Social
    Screen 3 = Home
    Screen 4 = Games
    Screen 5 = Media
    Just choose Single Picture and use Root Explorer to navigate to the folder and use the wallpaper.

Code:
    We are just getting started, we'll go one screen at a time now. We are 30% done as of now :)
    Screen 1, System:
    Start adding 9 Extended Controls Widgets. Make sure you set it to white icons and no labels or drop shadow. Now align them as in the DeviantArt ScreenShot.

After you do that, add 3x1 minimalistic Text Widgets, hide their backgrounds and select Custom Layout > Remove all the current blocks and add Static Text. Now click that and write out he label, set style as Accented, and override size to 18. Now go to Accented Text Style Settings and choose the Font to Telegrafico (it should appear if you've added the font folder properly.)

Keep doing so until you have it all layout. You may have to resize a few widgets, you do that but holding the widgets and leaving them. Launcher Pro will show a rectangle with an arrow on the lower right. Exit resize mode by press the back soft button.

Screen 2, Social:
    This screen is pretty easy. Open up Pure Messenger from Widget Selection, select the 4x4 scrollable widget, setup your accounts> customize and use the White Transparent theme. Now play around with it and resize and fit it within the wallpaper.

Now select Desktop Visualizer 3x1 and select the icon from the folder and start setting them on the right. Pretty self explanatory. :)

Screen 3, Home:
    This screen is hard. May take time to perfect as theres a lotta overlapping going on and setting up the widgets may take time...

First open the Cowon Clock from widgets and set the colors to green and white and move it to the top left as in the screen shot. You may have to resize to get to the exact position.
    We are using Desktop Visualizer 3x1 for the browser and chat icon. I have included a calendar icon too if you wish to use it.
    Now the minimalistic text is set as below:
    dwsQK.jpg

Set the static text to Non Accented and and the Battery to Accented. Set the size of the font to 20. Then go to text styles and change the font family for both accented and non accented to Telegrafico. Go back to the Accented Settings and change the color to Hex>66cc00

Do the same for the other snippets down there. Once they are on the screen. Start by placing the "Hope you are having a Good Evening" thing to the bottom. Resize it to set it to a place. Then the weather above it and resize it so it overlaps the widget below but is near it. Do the same with the battery text.

I know this may be tricky but you should be able to nail it within 5 tries.

Screen 4, Games:
    This screen is made up of 4 4x2 Desktop Visualizer Widgets Resized to look good.
    Once you have the emulators loaded up with icons in the folder.

The Android Icon is a Simi Folder Widget/Icon.
    Here are the settings for my Simi Folder on the Games Screen.
    1. Go to the App Drawer>Simi Folder
    2. Add Folder
    3. FolderName> Games
    4. Widget Settings>Icon> Select the Android Icon
    5. Widget layout> the 4th Icon in the left column.
    6. Back
    7. Launcher Settings> Hide everything under it.
    8. Icon Size to 50
    9. Width to 50
    10. Launcher Style to Custom
    11. And then just press OK on the top.

Once youve done this go back to the Games HomeScreen and add a SimiFolder Widget and select the folder we just created. Again, resize so it fits in between the emulators.

Now we add Static Text via Minimalistic Text. As we did before, 3x1, Accented, Add the Fonts, and the Size for the text is 25.

Screen 5, Media:
    This screen uses the MusicPlayer Pro Widget on the left and a Minimalistic text Widget. The Text widget is reszed to just touch the widget so it looks like in the screen shot.

Before we proceed we may have to go back to Simi Folder and Create the remaining Folders that we use here.
    Follow the same steps as for making the Games folder. (Steps above.)

Now I have stretched the the listen down one row. Then just put the watch icon below it and the again stretched the photos down one row. If you keep doing so, you'll achieve it as in the screenshot. (btw the Simi Folder Widget size is 3x1)

Wrap Up:
    As you see, it will take sometime setting the Minimalistic Text Widgets. You may wonder why not embed that text in the wallpaper too. But doing that would blur it out like the dock. I am working on the Wallpaper issue and will update if I get a solution.

Credits:
    • The Wallpapers were made by me except the HomeScreen.
    • The HomeScreen Wallpaper was used from SocWall.com, so I dont have the link to the Author.
    • The Media Icons are by ipapun@dA, and I have just added the text next to them.
    • The font used is Telegrafico by ficod@dA
    • If I missed any credis please let me know.

Thanks again for all your support guys :) I will be making more themes for this tab. If anyone wants to buy me coffee, you may do so here. :) If you have question, please ask em below. And if you have problems, dont worry, I'll be providing support here. :)

Links:
    Deviant Art: http://xdeeps.deviantart.com/art/A101-Dark-Theme-202031731
    YouTube Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvcElwropaI

Dont forget to hit thanks!
    i am very insteresting
    if you want i create a news on www.jbmm.fr
    I am very interested! Please make this available! I will donate as well. Thanks! this is AWESOME

Thanks, will make a tutorial soon enough :)

That is very cool. Thanks for sharing

How have you got the names of the home screens displayed along the bottom?

Its all in the wallpaper ;) Hence the quality of the dock aint that great. Gotta work on that.

Simply awesome :eek:
    Do want exactly the same!!!!!!!:eek::D

Will take around 2 hours as you have to theme it manually. Tutorial coming soon :)
    Omg this is absolutly assome!
    I love your theme;):D
    Please post all the sources and icons!
    It looks fantastic! Even better than honeycomb ;)
    Hah, better than honeycomb? I guess so :p
    And I'll release the sources soon.
    ok
    how use this skin ?
    It cant be called a skin as you have to manually make it all but I'll make a tut soon.

Thanks again guys :) I'll be making a light theme in a few weeks too :) This was just a test of how flexible Android is and how the A101 handles it. And tbh it doesnt take up much resources. Runs smooth. :)
    Silence!
    Its the best Theme for a Tablet i've seen ever! And a theme like this need time;)
    Be happy that silentrazor is sharing his absolutly nice theme with us!

@SilentRazor: Thanks a lot for sharing:D;):)

lol thanks.

The tutorial is up. With the source files :)
    Do u have an idea?

Yes, they do look unsharp, I have optimized all the wallpapers to look as sharp as they can be. This is a problem that I am currently working on. I have contacted the Multipicture Dev and he said he will be pushing out future updates to fix that. Currently we do not have any other alternatives for such a thing to be done... thats why the dock looks blurred in the original screenshot at dA.

Thanks for the correction and your welcome :)