02/06/2012 DISCONTINUED FOR NOW WCX ILLUMINATI SERIES AT&T Inspire 4G ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BlownFuze

Feb 9, 2011
Orlando, Florida
I assume the brightness % values are guesstimated. I keep mine around what appears to be 20-25 on the slider bar. No problems there. I don't get how you guys could even see anything on the screen at or under 10%.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Under 10 is too low for me. I have really good night vision, so once my eyes adjust to a dark room or something - the stock, low, auto value of 90 is just way too bright.

W

Wild Child

ok so elixir doesnt play well with the rom....if i uncheck autobrightness and slide to lowest setting i can barely see it....but was just messing with you so calm down there big guy...im a ballbuster....so chill....never said you werent thorough with this...its appreciated...you left out you were installing elixir and changing that specific setting...if thats how you were testing it...i dont know im just assuming because you guys said your setting it to 0%....that in itself raised a red flag as theres no percentage to set it too...the low setting and then lowering it even lower than is made for the rom will more then likely cause reboots makes sense now

Last edited:

BlownFuze

Feb 9, 2011
Orlando, Florida
It's cool, I just didn't want you to misunderstand.

Lol - it's not just elixir - there are other apps that allow you to drop brightness by percentage.

The big thing, is the darkening that happens right before the screen timeout - that's the problem. For anyone running their brightness settings low, mainly at night obviously, that darkening of the screen might push them below the 5% - causing the reboot.

fernandezhjr

May 4, 2009
Highlands, TX
Under 10 is too low for me. I have really good night vision, so once my eyes adjust to a dark room or something - the stock, low, auto value of 90 is just way too bright.

I can understand that at night in a dark room. But during the day, do you raise the level? Because you never stated that the restarts were only happening at night.

W

Wild Child

so its not a rom issue so to speak,its the preferences of you two that are causing the issues...if im seeing this correctly and interpreting it all....i mean 2 outta about a thousand downloads and this is occuring on 2 people using similar settings@turning off the screen basically while the phone is on.....

WC

W

Wild Child

anyway...im off to physical torture....ill be back maybe if they dont hurt me again today.....lol

BlownFuze

Feb 9, 2011
Orlando, Florida
I can understand that at night in a dark room. But during the day, do you raise the level? Because you never stated that the restarts were only happening at night.

I hadn't realized they were until we worked it out today.
Remember, I had no issues all day yesterday - until last night. It was just coincidence that I took the phone out of my pocket, connected to WiFi, set the phone down, and it started rebooting.

So that was my first hunch - I associated it with the WiFi on my phone. Until this morning I noticed how dark the phone got right before the timeout.

Egrier

Jun 4, 2009
Hiawatha, KS
Just did some testing with Elixir. It indeed makes your phone reboot if you set it below 5%. So, my advice is...don't do that!!

Last edited:

fernandezhjr

May 4, 2009
Highlands, TX
I hadn't realized they were until we worked it out today.
Remember, I had no issues all day yesterday - until last night. It was just coincidence that I took the phone out of my pocket, connected to WiFi, set the phone down, and it started rebooting.

So that was my first hunch - I associated it with the WiFi on my phone. Until this morning I noticed how dark the phone got right before the timeout.

Yup, that coincidence definitely threw us off track. Nonetheless, glad it is finally sorted out.

BlownFuze

Feb 9, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Easy for me to stay above that threshold - now that I know what it is.

Thank you, everyone for your help figuring this out.

And Wild Child… you went above and beyond trying to help. Posting a Non-OC version of your ROM, posting the zip to remove crt animation, etc… helping us work through troubleshooting a problem only 2 of us had, out of the many with no issues. Truly fantastic. :)

PakRatt

Account currently disabled
Mar 10, 2011
Redmond, OR

And Wild Child… you went above and beyond trying to help. Posting a Non-OC version of your ROM, posting the zip to remove crt animation, etc… helping us work through troubleshooting a problem only 2 of us had, out of the many with no issues. Truly fantastic. :)

I'm really glad you thanked WC & crew. I can't belive ya all put so much fath in elixir like you did. That would have been the first .apk I would have NOT reinstalled because it has so much control over the Rom. I hope this is a gr8 learning expiration. And that is the word i wanted to use.

By an W.C. ILLUMINATI 3.5 series.

techlogik

Aug 23, 2006
Jumped onto to 3.5 Sense OC version. I changed the 99overclock file to 1075200 just a notch above the default clock rate.

Running real well and no problems yet.

$20 for anybody that can get the Sense Mail app, while viewing an email, to have a Delete button right on the page! Lost that from Sense 3.0 mail app. Don't know what they were thinking. If I knew how to decompile it and find the button and change its name and behavior, then roll it back up, would obviously do it myself.

Gets annoying after 100 emails having to press the Menu button, or another button and selection just to get an email to delete in that mail view.

34y30d2.jpg

For anybody that wants the Green circle battery with the H+ after you put RCTweaks 2.0 on, here is another one I did in the kitchen. Works fines. Or, use the addon and make your own of course.

File attached.

j09mrc.jpg

fhp3

Jun 26, 2007
Cape Cod, MA
Yep, just has a slider bar.
I have an app called Brightness level which puts a widget on your screen and you can either select a percentage by moving the slider in the app. It lists the brightness % as the slider moves.
Also I now use Widgetsoid which gives you a customizable power widget. You can input an exact percentage for the 3 levels of brightness. My min. is 5% now.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Yes Thanks to all as BlownFuze said. It took some good old trial and error troubleshooting to nail this down. I'm not sure why we were the only ones to see this issue but the support from everyone was fantastic. To bad Congress can't work this well!! But that's a whole other discussion on another forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what gmurphy said x2

Some mods for the new 3.5 base (1.22.461.2). You can flash battery mods on top of network mods and vice-versa. If it hasn't been said enough - YOU MUST FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY BEFORE FLASHING THESE. The ROM flashes stock recovery, which won't allow you to do this. Let me know if I screwed any icons up. I did test them all and they all flashed successfully - but I do get confused easily. Thanks UOT Kitchen for Battery mods.

Stock% Battery
    Stock.PNG

Circle% Battery (Green->Blue->Yellow->Orange->Red)
    Circle.PNG

Digital% Battery (Green->Blue->Yellow->Orange->Red)
    Digital.PNG

3G+ instead of H+
    3G%25252B.png

4G instead of H+
    4G.png

H instead of H+
    H.png
    OK, so I think I'm learning something now. I honestly thought you could wreck the phone with a bad flash. Guess I just need to relax.

But "The right way is never easy, The easy way is never right." for a signature would make one think a checksum would be a routine step.

Anyway! The ROM looks genuinely awesome! Guess I'll just close my eyes and flash. :)

WCX_Sense_3.5_v2.3

MD5: 224a7e6f6b516c047145ddc
    This is a battery with percentage. It is the green stock looking one with the yellow and red low warning colors. The yellow and red colors also flash during charging. The zip also adds flip animation. If you don't want the flip animation, just disable animation in display settings. The first file is for the 3.0 base and the second for the 3.5 base. Flash in recovery, mount system first.

edit: zip for 3.5 has been updated for the newest base on 1-3-12.
    And here is my contribution courtesy of the UOT Kitchen. This battery mod is for the new WCX_Sense_3.5_v2.4. Like homeslice said, you MUST flash the custom recovery. I like using the larger numbers for the battery. (old eyes) :)
    Both are modding systemui.apk and framework-res.apk. so whichever you flash last will be what takes affect. You would need to do the battery mod on the framework res.apk found in rctweaks. I'll do it..what battery do you want? Sounds like stock%?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

Here you go. Flash this on top of RCTweaks 2.0 to get H+ and Stock% battery and keep other tweaks. Thanks to UOT kitchen for battery mod.

Note: As previously stated, flashing these tweaks could be undoing changes/tweaks WildChild has made in some system files. This .zip contains the SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk from RCTweaks (and com.htc.resources from WC's 3.5 ROM) - so any changes WC has made to these first two files are overwritten - as well as a bunch of other files looking at RCTweaks. So Flash AYOR