Should I buy a Smartphone Or Laptop

Search This thread

JacobGreen

Mar 9, 2012
There is a question trouble me for a long time. Should I buy a smartphone or laptop. The fact is within my budget, i just can buy one of them. I want to buy a smartphone for a longtime. The question is my laptop just broken down these days. My parents think i should buy a new laptop instead. I think smartphone is more convenient than a laptop.

This is really hard to decided.

mistaliu

Dec 18, 2010
Vancouver
HTC Desire
LG V30
Depends what you need it for. If you just check emails, surf the net, Facebook, twitter, etc then a smartphone is all you need. A smartphone / tablet right now can't replace a computer but it is close.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

Reactions: JacobGreen

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
I think you better buy the notebook. Just image that you need to work all day on a smartphone because you have no computer.

soulvayne

Feb 3, 2012
OnePlus 9RT
Depends if you already have a desktop computer, and where you want to use your laptop for. If it is for work/school i would buy a laptop since it is better to work on all day, if it is just to browse and play games if your bored pick a smartphone if you already have a desktop computer.

coolsandie

Oct 22, 2011
Kochi, Kerala
coolsandie.github.io
There is a question trouble me for a long time. Should I buy a smartphone or laptop. The fact is within my budget, i just can buy one of them. I want to buy a smartphone for a longtime. The question is my laptop just broken down these days. My parents think i should buy a new laptop instead. I think smartphone is more convenient than a laptop.

I'd suggest to go with your parent's decision. If I'm at this option I'll definitely chose Laptop. You could get bored with Smartphone after long use. But using computer, there is nothing called boring.
And finally if the budget matters, still you could get a decent smartphone with budget price. There are pretty low cost budget Android phones.

DexterMorganNL

Dec 1, 2010
You can better get an good notebook, instead buying an cheap one. Because you will be sorry for that and same goes for smartphones, buy you are more lucky anno 2012 as the old high end devices like HTC Desire HD, HTC Sensation ( XE, XL ), HTC Evo 3D sell much cheaper now and also Samsung iGalaxy S2 sells cheaper now.

So when it comes down to smartphones it can be worth to wait awhile and buy when the prices drop, as they will in certain countries and right now in certain countries you have the luck off obtaining an really good smartphone for less then € 300 ( HTC Evo 3D ).

When it comes down to notebooks, waiting awhile doesn't change the price so much at least that's mine observation. Yes you might find an Q4 2011 notebook cheaper then an Q1 2012 notebook, mine notebook was from November 2011 and I bought it new in Januari 2012 with an great discount promotion.

For the amount what an iSuck 4S cost you get an good notebook, okay no SSD but you might be lucky to find an quad core notebook ( I did found an quad core I7 notebook for that amount ).

Cheapest best bang for bucks is right now HTC Evo 3D if you ask me.

Last edited:

lamborg

Feb 13, 2009
welovemj.co.cc
yes, as said it depends on your needs.

You can make project reports, presentations on a laptop or netbook but on a smartphone how long can you work without a stop?

Pbwizkid

Feb 27, 2012
Weatherford
Again i will agree it depends on what your doing if you need it for school or work go notebook. if your just looking for somehting to mess around on, kill time, and have fun. then smart phone. benefits of a good smart phone is it can be a hand held gameing device, internet on the go, social media made easy, and many other things. but if you ever have to write a paper or report on a smart phone your gunna hate your self quick!

Bun-G

Mar 15, 2012
I had the same question at the back of my mind a couple of months ago. Get a galaxy s2 that i've wanted for ages or get a new laptop as my pc is buggered.

As you can see I got the smartphone, and havent used my pc hardly at all.

Like a previous poster said, it all depends what you need the laptop for, but the galaxy s2 is one off the smartest purchases i've made in a while

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

JacobGreen

Mar 9, 2012
Thanks a lot to you guys. I am so sorry i came back too late.
Your warm-hearted suggestion will take into consideration. Thanks.....

greeky510

Oct 3, 2011
Norwalk, CT
Get a smartphone
Get a smartphone
Get a smartphone
Get a smartphone
Get a smartphone
:D
I would get a smartphone. If you are into trying different roms and stuff you won't get bored with it for a long long time. Also you can use is as an mp3 player, play games, etc. Do you currently own a cellphone?

D

Deleted member 4571279

well if you are going to school then definetly you should buy a laptop.

ROFLkopter

Mar 15, 2012
Nottinghamshire
Get a phone on contract where you get a laptop as a gift... My girlfriend's dad did it. He got a crap phone on contract (from Carphone Warehouse, UK) and got a pretty decent laptop free with it. Two birds, one stone!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Depends what you need it for. If you just check emails, surf the net, Facebook, twitter, etc then a smartphone is all you need. A smartphone / tablet right now can't replace a computer but it is close.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

I'd suggest to go with your parent's decision. If I'm at this option I'll definitely chose Laptop. You could get bored with Smartphone after long use. But using computer, there is nothing called boring.
    And finally if the budget matters, still you could get a decent smartphone with budget price. There are pretty low cost budget Android phones.
    You can better get an good notebook, instead buying an cheap one. Because you will be sorry for that and same goes for smartphones, buy you are more lucky anno 2012 as the old high end devices like HTC Desire HD, HTC Sensation ( XE, XL ), HTC Evo 3D sell much cheaper now and also Samsung iGalaxy S2 sells cheaper now.

So when it comes down to smartphones it can be worth to wait awhile and buy when the prices drop, as they will in certain countries and right now in certain countries you have the luck off obtaining an really good smartphone for less then € 300 ( HTC Evo 3D ).

When it comes down to notebooks, waiting awhile doesn't change the price so much at least that's mine observation. Yes you might find an Q4 2011 notebook cheaper then an Q1 2012 notebook, mine notebook was from November 2011 and I bought it new in Januari 2012 with an great discount promotion.

For the amount what an iSuck 4S cost you get an good notebook, okay no SSD but you might be lucky to find an quad core notebook ( I did found an quad core I7 notebook for that amount ).

Cheapest best bang for bucks is right now HTC Evo 3D if you ask me.