Root 4.4.2

Search This thread

stivelio

Jul 23, 2010
I have non rooted note 3 that I upgraded to 4.4.2 and hate the battery drain after this update. Can somebody please confirm that I can perform root on 4.4.2?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stivelio

Jul 23, 2010
My battery is draining like crazy after upgrading to 4.4.2 and I was hoping rooting and flashing a custom 4.4.2 will probably help as I think it's not possible to go back :(

stivelio

Jul 23, 2010
What is draining.. It an app. Did you do a fresh install or load apps from 4.3

TWEAKED N3

I didn't install any new apps. I just upgraded to 4.4.2 using OTA update couple of days back and since then the battery doesn't seem to last for more than 5-6 hours for the same usage that got me 8-10 hours or more before upgrading. No particular app seems to be causing the drain based on battery stats and I have been pulling my hair like crazy trying to figure out the problem

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
I didn't install any new apps. I just upgraded to 4.4.2 using OTA update couple of days back and since then the battery doesn't seem to last for more than 5-6 hours for the same usage that got me 8-10 hours or more before upgrading. No particular app seems to be causing the drain based on battery stats and I have been pulling my hair like crazy trying to figure out the problem

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asksven.betterbatterystats

Try this. Full charge. Then unplug. Let sit for 3 hours or so. What I do is before bed I unplug it then I look and see what the drain will be. You might new to factory reset and start over. 4.3 upgrade to 4.4 is not good without factory wipe. Some apps still got bugs for 4.4

TWEAKED N3

stivelio

Jul 23, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks factory reset and starting over has fixed the issue.

FFTony

Feb 9, 2014
St Louis
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks factory reset and starting over has fixed the issue.

As for a rooted app, I am using x-note v13 and am having no problems and the battery life is pretty good. It is a very stable ROM with a lot of features.

sm-n900t: Powered by X-Note V13

stivelio

Jul 23, 2010
Can you please provide link to x-note v13 thread?

FFTony

Feb 9, 2014
St Louis
Can you please provide link to x-note v13 thread?

This is the Q&A thread for x-note. In the OP you will find all the links to download the ROM and make it compatible with tmobile. FYI the newest Civz-snapkat kernel is now 2.6 not 2.1 but you will need to Google it to find out exactly where to get the zip if you want the newer version of the kernel.

http://xdaforums.com/show...php?p=50728165

FFTony

Feb 9, 2014
St Louis
Thanks for confirming, can you please provide a link on the instructions on how to root 4.4.2 {if it isn't > T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 > T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 Android Development > [Stock Odin Rom]{How To Use ODIN} attached. N900TMI7& NB4 (4.4.2) (How to use ODIN)}

I don't have a specific link for some of my tutorial but A Google or youtube search should suffice. But I will give you the basic steps. That being said my way of rooting will trip Knox and more than likely void your warranty. For the programs I list just do a Google search and you should find them easy enough.

1. install Odin 3.09 or 3.07 to your computer
2. Flash your custom recovery (I prefer twrp) via Odin
3. Flash your custom ROM from your external sd card or, SuperSU if you only want to obtain root while staying on the stock ROM, from the recovery. (if you are not familiar with flashing roms let me know and I will give you the steps.)
After these steps your phone should be rooted.

Note: I found that after the 4.4 update when attempting to boot into recovery you have to let go of your buttons as soon as you see the blue words "recovery booting" or something like that at the top left of your screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: eloscurosecreto

sg3love

Aug 7, 2012
Torrance
Hey there, I just upgraded to 4.4.2 coming from 4.3 I had great battery life in 4.3 but when I switched over to 4.4.2 my batter life is terrible as well.. I am also rooted and have used app quarantine to freeze some apps to see if I can get some more battery life out of it and no luck. I did a straight Ota update by going to stock 4.3 then updating then rooting 4.4 the only thing I haven't done is a factory reset which will be my next step! :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

FFTony

Feb 9, 2014
St Louis
Hey there, I just upgraded to 4.4.2 coming from 4.3 I had great battery life in 4.3 but when I switched over to 4.4.2 my batter life is terrible as well.. I am also rooted and have used app quarantine to freeze some apps to see if I can get some more battery life out of it and no luck. I did a straight Ota update by going to stock 4.3 then updating then rooting 4.4 the only thing I haven't done is a factory reset which will be my next step! :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

I have heard that after flashing official 4.4 you should factory reset to help the ROM settle and that should improve the battery life.

jacqueline robert

Feb 5, 2014
London
I have non rooted note 3 that I upgraded to 4.4.2 and hate the battery drain after this update. Can somebody please confirm that I can perform root on 4.4.2?

I didn't install any new apps. I just upgraded to 4.4.2 using OTA update couple of days back and since then the battery doesn't seem to last for more than 5-6 hours for the same usage that got me 8-10 hours or more before upgrading.

JeepSRT8

Dec 14, 2008
So Cal.
Hey guys, just switched over from Verizon and am looking for the best way to root. What are you guys using to root 4.42 stock and does it trip knox? Can't wait to get back on a rooted N3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for confirming, can you please provide a link on the instructions on how to root 4.4.2 {if it isn't > T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 > T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 Android Development > [Stock Odin Rom]{How To Use ODIN} attached. N900TMI7& NB4 (4.4.2) (How to use ODIN)}

I don't have a specific link for some of my tutorial but A Google or youtube search should suffice. But I will give you the basic steps. That being said my way of rooting will trip Knox and more than likely void your warranty. For the programs I list just do a Google search and you should find them easy enough.

1. install Odin 3.09 or 3.07 to your computer
    2. Flash your custom recovery (I prefer twrp) via Odin
    3. Flash your custom ROM from your external sd card or, SuperSU if you only want to obtain root while staying on the stock ROM, from the recovery. (if you are not familiar with flashing roms let me know and I will give you the steps.)
    After these steps your phone should be rooted.

Note: I found that after the 4.4 update when attempting to boot into recovery you have to let go of your buttons as soon as you see the blue words "recovery booting" or something like that at the top left of your screen.

I didn't install any new apps. I just upgraded to 4.4.2 using OTA update couple of days back and since then the battery doesn't seem to last for more than 5-6 hours for the same usage that got me 8-10 hours or more before upgrading.

have you already tried factory reset? It solved my battery drain issue.