usb won't mount

Search This thread

jdizzle316

Mar 11, 2008
Hi Guys,

My friend bricked his phone some how (he's using the htc one s on tmobile) and I myself am using the evo lte, thought i could be of some assistance, but I'm stuck as well...wonder if you guys could help me help him lol.

so I performed the tasks on post #8 from on how to "fix soft-brick" in the sticky, but being able to only access bootloader, and twrp recovery Im at a stall. While in recovery, i go the the options to mount, it won't mount my usb so that i can bring over a rom to flash in recovery. So my problem is that the phone won't mount to my computer so i can bring over a rom i downloaded on my computer to the phone.

if i reboot system it sticks at the htc develop splash page.

Im pretty stuck and hope u guys can me help my boy.

P.S. i told him next time when you flash, always make a backup....cuz he was trying to flash a jelly bean wip (i don't even think it was a rom for his phone).

Thanks in advance guys!

jdizzle316

Mar 11, 2008
bump, anyone kind to help me out with this?

Thanks again, hope to help him out, but Im at my wits end because i keep on getting running into the same problem.

rjsvoon

Mar 13, 2011
Seattle

Thanks again, hope to help him out, but Im at my wits end because i keep on getting running into the same problem.

You're going to either need to push a rom to his phone using ADB, or perhaps flash an RUU using Fastboot. Are you familiar with either process? There may be other options, but I'm familiar with both of these scenarios and can at least point you in a direction. Lemme know!

Reactions: jdizzle316

leohdz148

Feb 29, 2012
Houston

jdizzle316

Mar 11, 2008
Thank you very much guys, I am not too familiar with pushing thru adb but have been reading up on it through the development section and am ready to dive in.

I very much appreciate the input fellas, will keep you updated with the status of this so that others in this situation can benefit from this as well.

Thanks again!

leohdz148

Feb 29, 2012
Houston
Thank you very much guys, I am not too familiar with pushing thru adb but have been reading up on it through the development section and am ready to dive in.

I very much appreciate the input fellas, will keep you updated with the status of this so that others in this situation can benefit from this as well.

Thanks again!

If you need help along the way, just ask we are all here to help each other to get ones problem solved and learn from it :)

Sent from HTC one s

jdizzle316

Mar 11, 2008
Ok guys, heres the update as promised. Mission to restore was success!

First, I tried to push thru adb, but it would never stick, would always get hung up. Given, being my first time pushing thru adb i probably did it incorrectly. In fact, I managed to push the rom over to the sd card once, but was unable to flash it from recovery (CWM).

Here is how i fixed the problem of being bricked. I relocked the bootloader, using the "all in one kit" and then i downloaded the TMOUS RUU, booted the phone into bootloader and then ran the ruu's exe. Within 10 minutes it was back to bone stock.

I hope this helps fix others with the same problems, if you guys need any help, feel free to hit me up.

Thanks guys for the suggestions and pointing me in the right direction...I couldn't have done it without your help!

leohdz148

Feb 29, 2012
Houston

First, I tried to push thru adb, but it would never stick, would always get hung up. Given, being my first time pushing thru adb i probably did it incorrectly. In fact, I managed to push the rom over to the sd card once, but was unable to flash it from recovery (CWM).

Here is how i fixed the problem of being bricked. I relocked the bootloader, using the "all in one kit" and then i downloaded the TMOUS RUU, booted the phone into bootloader and then ran the ruu's exe. Within 10 minutes it was back to bone stock.

I hope this helps fix others with the same problems, if you guys need any help, feel free to hit me up.

Thanks guys for the suggestions and pointing me in the right direction...I couldn't have done it without your help!

Congrats on getting it restored :) hopefully you do a backup of it so this won't happen again

Sent from HTC one s

jdizzle316

Mar 11, 2008
Thanks! I'll definitely advise my friend to do so, or I may for him lol.

Again, couldn't have done it without everyones help

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Reactions: leohdz148

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You're going to either need to push a rom to his phone using ADB, or perhaps flash an RUU using Fastboot. Are you familiar with either process? There may be other options, but I'm familiar with both of these scenarios and can at least point you in a direction. Lemme know!
    Yeah ADB push is your best option right now. IIRC USB mount in recovery does not work due to kernel limitation. (I could be wrong but remember reading about it)

Look here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1667929
    Yeah ADB push is your best option right now. IIRC USB mount in recovery does not work due to kernel limitation. (I could be wrong but remember reading about it)

Look here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1667929

I agree with him, I kinda had the same problem your friend had and adb pushing a Rom is probably your best option right now... :)

Sent from HTC one s

Thanks again!

If you need help along the way, just ask we are all here to help each other to get ones problem solved and learn from it :)

Sent from HTC one s

Congrats on getting it restored :) hopefully you do a backup of it so this won't happen again

Sent from HTC one s