The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

Search This thread

ikjadoon

Jul 4, 2012
Lenovo P11
I knew the day I saw the page count jump JB would be released.

Updated thread title. :D

Can someone make a new thread for installation and use? This thread is already too big. Please, also, be someone who will UPDATE THEIR FIRST post. Nobody reads giant threads..just put it all in the first post.

Congrats, pool winners! :) yeah randun, release date from AT&T.

Off to study for my histology final, :)

Death&co

Jun 13, 2012
I installed Kies, plugged my phone in via USB cord and Kies recognizes it and says there's a firmware upgrade. I click upgrade and go through the "preparing" process. After it downloaded kies is now trying to connect to my phone. It seems that it can't connect to it, and after about 5 minutes it says I need to use their troubleshooting guide. Will I tried to use Kies troubleshoot for connecting the device however I hit the "start" button and nothing happens. Anyone have any tips to get this to work?

matthewmcquay

Nov 29, 2011
Andalusia, AL
I'm able to get through unpacking but nothing happens. Any advice? I'm completely stock. Not rooted.

Sent from my Marble White SAMSUNG SGH-I747 using xda-developers app

martinium

Jul 21, 2012
Newark, NJ
So I updated via Kies and lost CWM and Root. Voodoo OTA didn't work so I went to work on getting root back.

I used the CF-Root method via Odin which worked perfectly but caused an occurrence on my flash counter.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1963790

I then used Triangle-Away 2.36 to reset the flash counter to 0.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494114

Afterwords flashed CWM 6.0.1.2 via dd method using terminal emulator and I am back in business.

Fully rooted stock Touchwiz Jellybean official AT&T version. :D

Reactions: jayrod88
So I updated via Kies and lost CWM and Root. Voodoo OTA didn't work so I went to work on getting root back.

I used the CF-Root method via Odin which worked perfectly but caused an occurrence on my flash counter.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1963790

I then used Triangle-Away 2.36 to reset the flash counter to 0.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494114

Afterwords flashed CWM 6.0.1.2 via dd method using terminal emulator and I am back in business.

Fully rooted stock Touchwiz Jellybean official AT&T version. :D

You might want to use Triangle Away again. MrRobinson's thread stated flashing a custom recovery regardless of the method would increase your counter.

garydv2002

Feb 14, 2012
OK two questions....
1. I'm running twrp recovery so do I need to flash the stock recovery to update via kies?
2. Who the hell won the bragging rights lol? I picked the 10th so I'm a whole week off..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Death&co

Jun 13, 2012
I really don't understand how Kies can't connect to my phone via A CORD. God this is frustrating.

matthewmcquay

Nov 29, 2011
Andalusia, AL
I'm stuck here...

Sent from my Marble White SAMSUNG SGH-I747 using xda-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354593011355.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354593011355.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 378

garydv2002

Feb 14, 2012
How did you do it?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

I converted a disc image to a tar file using Samsung gs3 toolkit. You can find it in the dev section I think maybe the general section anyway it may do what your looking to do but I'm not 100% sure on that but either way its one helluva toolkit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
It shouldn't wipe the whole device. The flash counter should not be affected since it is an actual update from AT&T.

really wipe whole device? I don't think so, all of your apps and data should be there since this official update, I don't think people would like to see all apps gone after the upgrade otherwise people would bombard with emails and cursing the Samsung!!..I have not done upgrade myself, but surely many of you guys can confirm that.

Reactions: ikjadoon

Bigred007

Oct 21, 2009
I installed Kies, plugged my phone in via USB cord and Kies recognizes it and says there's a firmware upgrade. I click upgrade and go through the "preparing" process. After it downloaded kies is now trying to connect to my phone. It seems that it can't connect to it, and after about 5 minutes it says I need to use their troubleshooting guide. Will I tried to use Kies troubleshoot for connecting the device however I hit the "start" button and nothing happens. Anyone have any tips to get this to work?

Exact same thing going on over here. Anyone??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4.1.1 is out and, contrary to what Samsung said, the update is available on Kies and OTA! Yes, OTA is here!

Congrats to Corey_r and longcat14 for winning the pool. No one else even had a chance, haha. :)

To enter and/or view the Release Date Pool, check the 2nd post.

"One thread to rule them all..."

Instructions: Post all yo rumors, rants, and revelations about the upcoming AT&T Jelly Bean update here.

Official release date from Samsung: "Coming Soon!"
    (last checked on 11/30; source)

Official release date from AT&T: "...very near future."
    (last checked on 11/30; source; thanks, Randun)

Anonymous Source: Samsung's AT&T GS3 Jelly Bean User Trials started in May and have been completed; we're just waiting on AT&T. The ROM should be in its final stages of testing soon.

Jelly Bean Version: Most likely 4.1 Before 11/28, chatter from multiple official AT&T sources stated 4.2 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) However, then AT&T quietly released the above Support Article, which stated 4.1.The Support Article is the most concrete evidence we have, so it will probably be Jelly Bean 4.1. :)

Confirmed Jelly Bean TouchWiz features:

Camera
    • New camera/camcorder filters: warm vintage, cold vintage, black and white, sepia, color highlights(blue, green, red/yellow), and many more.
    • Pause and resume recording
    • Low light mode (uses HDR)
    Phone-wide
    • Pop Up Play can be resized and paused
    • Introduction of Easy Mode: large Easy widgets (for first-time smartphone users)
    • Introduction of Blocking Mode: disable incoming calls, notifications, alarms, and LED indicators for a designated period of time
    • Introduction of Swype® Keyboard (bundled)
    • AllShare® Cast Wireless Hub support
    • NFC One Touch Pairing Support: pair a supported Bluetooth device via NFC
    (source)
    Complete noob.. I finally got kies to connect to my phone, but now it keeps asking me upgrade Kies to the latest version and then upgrade firmware. Once I click the Update Kies button right next to it, it immediately says the latest version is installed. After I do this, it doesnt seem anything has changed and it tells me the current firmware version is android 4.0.4. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a different way for me to update since ive never rooted or messed with stock settings? thanks

So i was able to update my rooted stock ICS phone to the JB but i lost root. Im tempted to try rooting again via odin but worried of messing up my phone.

Could flash stock rooted image here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1739426
    Maybe if I shove a actual jellybean in my usb port my phone will update itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
    This seems to be a thread for ranting and wild speculation than what the OP has intended. Maybe we should get back on topic before a mod is needed...

Idk why you guys are hassling ATT about the release date. The only people who would know best would be the programmers at Samsung...Just my two cents

Sent from my Galaxy S III

From OP

Instructions: Post all yo rumors, rants, and revelations about the upcoming AT&T Jelly Bean update here.
    Yeah, but unfortunately, we're under a contract to pay AT&T for service. They aren't under a contract to provide updates to our phones unless they are essential to maintaining daily function of the device. This is why carriers shouldn't be determining if/when android updates are released. There is no value added to any tweaks that AT&T makes on the devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app