{HELP} Interactive Help Forum!{TUTORIALS} Where questions are encouraged!

Search This thread

thicklizard

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2011
Crown Point
I tried to use ninjamorph to swap out the xmls and it worked fine I added the 200 pngs but the only one it displays is unknown battery png. So I know I didn't do something right. Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jeffsanace

May 5, 2010
Wilmington, De.
I tried to use ninjamorph to swap out the xmls and it worked fine I added the 200 pngs but the only one it displays is unknown battery png. So I know I didn't do something right. Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

You won't be able to do that with ninjamorph. Have you tried the uot online kitchen? Upload your framework and it will add it for you. Otherwise you have to get your hands dirty and learn how from scratch.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
Can system apps have been altered by carriers so that they are incompatible with some of these mods in the op? I have had a mixed bag of beans with some working, and some causing bootloops even when following to the word and using the lines available in the posts.

fernando sor

Inactive Recognized Themer
Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall
Can system apps have been altered by carriers so that they are incompatible with some of these mods in the op? I have had a mixed bag of beans with some working, and some causing bootloops even when following to the word and using the lines available in the posts.

I have never seen that though it is possible to add drm to make apktool malfunction. 99 of the time it's an error by the person modding. Obviously that's probably not what you want to hear. Can you post specific information about the issues you are having?

a bad seed

bombaybadboy

Apr 22, 2012
Wherever
help plz

im a noob but learning fast, im running minicm9 on my x8, i think ics is wicked even without a working cam, can be a bit sticky now and then but a sound rom all in all.

the thing im stuck on is this other ics thats out, AOKP | Build 34.1 | nAa-ics kernel 01, it was built for x8 it seems but when you follow the download link it doesnt have zip for x8 but has all other phones, im a little confused can anyone help plz, where can i download the right rom for xperia x8 :confused:

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
I have never seen that though it is possible to add drm to make apktool malfunction. 99 of the time it's an error by the person modding. Obviously that's probably not what you want to hear. Can you post specific information about the issues you are having?

a bad seed

One I tried was Tommy Tomatoes transparent settings. Followed everything in his post, pushed the file and the system menu didn't pop up before and after reboot. It didn't seem to install properly.
Another was billbower's post of your method for transparency by editing the com.htc.resources.apk. Tried it and it did work, but caused several of the google app to FC. So I tried a reboot and then my phone went into a bootloop. Had to restore my old system from nand. gutted as it half worked. Will I have to edit the google app image resources to make it work?

fernando sor

Sep 7, 2010
north of the wall
One I tried was Tommy Tomatoes transparent settings. Followed everything in his post, pushed the file and the system menu didn't pop up before and after reboot. It didn't seem to install properly.
Another was billbower's post of your method for transparency by editing the com.htc.resources.apk. Tried it and it did work, but caused several of the google app to FC. So I tried a reboot and then my phone went into a bootloop. Had to restore my old system from nand. gutted as it half worked. Will I have to edit the google app image resources to make it work?

That wouldn't affect any google apps. Just htc and some market apps. What tools are you using

a bad seed

jeffsanace

May 5, 2010
Wilmington, De.

Are you on the original Evo? Most of the mods posted are for the 3d or sensation. I'm sure we can help with the original if that's what you have.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
That wouldn't affect any google apps. Just htc and some market apps. What tools are you using

a bad seed

using apktool, and notepad++
it seemed to make gmail fc. It made my contacts disappear.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Are you on the original Evo? Most of the mods posted are for the 3d or sensation. I'm sure we can help with the original if that's what you have.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

yeah im on the OG Evo. The Japanese model has a much different software number though (2.26.970.1) on 2.3.4

jeffsanace

May 5, 2010
Wilmington, De.
using apktool, and notepad++
it seemed to make gmail fc. It made my contacts disappear.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

yeah im on the OG Evo. The Japanese model has a much different software number though (2.26.970.1) on 2.3.4

These mods won't work for you then. I'll see if I can dig up some of our mods from the og evo.

Recognized " Bad Seed "

Reactions: Robobob1221

thicklizard

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2011
Crown Point
ive decompiled and edited my frameworkres apk. ive edited the battery xml as well. when i try to recompile the apk i get this error

C:\Users\Neil\Desktop\PlaceAPKSHere>apktool b battery
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.directory.PathN
otExist: apktool.yml
at brut.androlib.Androlib.readMetaFile(Androlib.java:142)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:159)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:174)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:59)
Caused by: brut.directory.PathNotExist: apktool.yml
at brut.directory.AbstractDirectory.getFileInput(AbstractDirectory.java:
103)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.readMetaFile(Androlib.java:138)
... 4 more

any help would be appreciated

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
ive decompiled and edited my frameworkres apk. ive edited the battery xml as well. when i try to recompile the apk i get this error

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.directory.PathN
103)
... 4 more

I could be wrong but it says that apktool.yml isn't present which usually is created when you decompile. At least I've seen it when I've been doing it.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

silverxbv2

Jun 28, 2010
Can I ask why thus wouldn't work on the og evo? The thing I noticed is it caused a few drawable-hdmi processes to fc in the people.apk.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

The phones run completely different versions of sense. The of evo was sense 1. The 3d is sense 3.0 or higher, depending on the Rom

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

silverxbv2

Jun 28, 2010

103)
... 4 more

Stupid question, but what was your decompile command?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

billbowers

Feb 21, 2011
Houston, Texas
Www.team-nocturnal.com
Hey robobob.. What version android are you running?

I'm afraid that I forgot to mention, whenever you decompile com.htc.resources.apk, there is a folder in there, I believe it's called raw...I'm out of town and not near my laptop right now. Anyway, it contains the animations for the weather on sense 3.0. It will not work if compressed and will cause a FC anytime you turn on your phone. The fix is to take the folder, using 7zip or winrar, and remove it from a non edited resources.apk and drop it into your modified one. Make sure compression on 7zip or winrar is set at store. Sorry about forgetting that little detail. Hope this helps out.

Robobob1221

Feb 4, 2012
取手市。日本
Hey robobob.. What version android are you running?

I'm afraid that I forgot to mention, whenever you decompile com.htc.resources.apk, there is a folder in there, I believe it's called raw...I'm out of town and not near my laptop right now. Anyway, it contains the animations for the weather on sense 3.0. It will not work if compressed and will cause a FC anytime you turn on your phone. The fix is to take the folder, using 7zip or winrar, and remove it from a non edited resources.apk and drop it into your modified one. Make sure compression on 7zip or winrar is set at store. Sorry about forgetting that little detail. Hope this helps out.

Hi,
I'm on 2.3.4. Others have already said this particular mod won't work as I'm on an older version of sense. It worked on settings and a few other apks but caused several inc. people, to either fc or just not open. something to do with the drawable-hdpi folder. then after a reboot a bootloop.
Thanks for the advice anyway though.
Edit: Tried what you said as a last ditch attempt. I copied over the raw ,and drawable hdmi folder to make sure. Then I added the META-INFO folder and Manifest.xml all from the original com.htc.resources, and bingo!! I got me my transparency! Thanks for the advice:D Been driving me mental for the past week! I'm a slow learning noob at these things.

Attachments

• shot_000036.jpg
    shot_000036.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts