[Q] N64oid

Search This thread

koopakid08

Jun 24, 2011
I have an old version working on mine. Although I don't know what version numbers are. I'm running cm7 nightly 150.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Arbelzapf

Oct 29, 2010
2.2 is out.

*Changes*:
v2.2
- Option to enable Rumble pak (emulated by vibrating your phone!)
- Fixed texture issues on certain devices.

No NC love again, it seems. Has anyone tried the update?

koopakid08

Jun 24, 2011
Its a no go with 2.2. Locked up my nook and had hard reboot.

---
- Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

swaaye

Mar 16, 2011
I think there is something amuck between N64oid v2+ and kernel .32. If you run CM 7.0.3 the emulator works. Once you move to CM 7.1 RC or the nightlies it stops working.

I have contacted N64oid's author about it but since he doesn't have our device it'll be hard to narrow down the problem.

koopakid08

Jun 24, 2011
I beg to differ, I am running CM 7.0.0 RC4 encore and OOT, banjo kazooie, and diddy kong racing run near flawlessly. I'm not even overclocked either!

What version are you using. I have to use an older version as 2.0 and above don't work with anything with the .32 kernel.

---
- Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

koopakid08

Jun 24, 2011
I just tried 2.3.3 Still no luck. Locked up the nook when trying to start up a rom.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arbelzapf

swaaye

Mar 16, 2011
Split the cost and buy the author a Nook Color so he can easily debug for our funky kernel. ;) I sent him a bunch of crash logs and he said he would look into it but I'm guessing that without hardware to test on it's a ***** to figure out.

jgaf

Aug 14, 2011
Tampa
Split the cost and buy the author a Nook Color so he can easily debug for our funky kernel. ;) I sent him a bunch of crash logs and he said he would look into it but I'm guessing that without hardware to test on it's a ***** to figure out.

Interesting idea, if the devoloper of the app is willing to do it and he can setup a donation thingy I'm willing to chip in a little bit of cash :) Just if he can commit to try to find a workaround for the NC

drewtwo99

Apr 1, 2011
Just wanted to let you all know that I am running phiremod 6.3 and n64oid v2.4. It runs games really well, no major problems at all to report. I have it OC'd to 1300MHz.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    runs great on my nook :) playing mario 64 right now
    My experiences. w/ Phiremod 5.1, 1.1ghz, N64oid v1.1.4

Super Mario 64:near perfect.
    Zelda Ocarina: unplayable(too choppy)
    markio kart: is almost as smooth as super mario.
    Conkers Bad Fur Day: Crashes before opening animation
    Banjo Kazooie/Tooie: unplayable(too choppy)
    Diddy Kong Racing: Like Mario Kart, kinda choppy.

NOTES: 4 frame skips is ideal, games play slightly better when NOT stretched to screen
    I just tried 2.3.3 Still no luck. Locked up the nook when trying to start up a rom.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    It doesnt boot games since the update to the kernel a couple months ago. It will only run on n64oid versions that are lower than 2.0, which sucks because you can only play mario 64 without lag

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    Should I just root my nook to CM7 7.0.3? I read on page 13 that was the most stable with the versions 2.0+ for n64oid.

It depends what is more important to you, playing n64 games or good battery life plus all the other features of CM7.1

Sent from space