[WARNING] DO NOT INSTALL 'mobile odin' app

Search This thread

Farooq95

Apr 3, 2011
Dubai
Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet
MY ACE IS BRICKED FOREVER......!!
I found out what caused this problem..........so the day before i installed this app called "mobile odin" it asked me root permissons so i allowed it..then it said that the app is not compatible with my device and then it asked me to allow it to create a dump file and it said that it could take almost 30 mins to complete and make that app compatible with my device...so i allowed it after 30min it said finished dumping after that i didnt switch off or reboot the phone that day...but i rebooted the phone the other day which caused this problem...i am saying this because some other user bricked his/her phone the same way!

Click thanks if i helped u

Last edited:
Reactions: vrajesh4u

Farooq95

Apr 3, 2011
Dubai
Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet
Consequences of this brick
1.looping at samsung logo & looping black screen when charging
2.Cannot Boot Into any Recovery menu
3.BUT I can go into Download Mode (but Flashing any rom through odin does not help)

InverseSandwich

Oct 28, 2011
Hampshire
about.me
I found out what caused this problem..........so the day before i installed this app called "mobile odin" it asked me root permissons so i allowed it..then it said that the app is not compatible with my device and then it asked me to allow it to create a dump file and it said that it could take almost 30 mins to complete and make that app compatible with my device...so i allowed it after 30min it said finished dumping after that i didnt switch off or reboot the phone that day...but i rebooted the phone the other day which caused this problem...i am saying this because some other user bricked his/her phone the same way!

It isn't a bad app - works fine on my SII

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

PJ147

Sep 13, 2011
Hampshire
Sony Xperia 1 II
I'snt a bad app at all. If you follow the instructions on the market which clearly say which phones it supports. (little tip - the ace isn't one of them!):eek:

rrently supported devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000B
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000M
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9003
- Rogers Captivate SGH-I896
- AT&T Captivate SGH-I897
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" GT-P1000
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100T
- AT&T Galaxy S2 SGH-I777
- Sprint Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
New in v2.00:
- Samsung Galaxy S2 SHW-M250S
- Samsung Galaxy Note GT-I9220
- Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus (GSM) Maguro/Yakju/GT-I9250
- Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE) Toro/Mysid/SCH-I515 (no cdma radio flashing)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7" GT-P6800
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7" Wi-Fi GT-P6810
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500B
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500L
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500T
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500M
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5503
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5503T
- Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5508
New in v2.10:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus GT-P6200
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Wi-Fi GT-P6210

Last edited:

gandaran

Feb 11, 2012
3.BUT I can go into Download Mode (but Flashing any rom through odin does not help)
flash an original samsung rom with odin and flash also the original recovery then boot from recovery
the original ace recovery can fix boot file errors something CWM recovery cannot do, you will have you ace back in business easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: hangtuya

DSM_

Dec 21, 2010
my friend bricked his Galaxy 5 when this device wasn't supported after generating Dump file...

actually this app read /dev/stl15 partition data i.e. efs
efs got easily corrupted and device losses its IMEI and result into a bootloop...

only Samsung can change the whole chip to fix this

pyronia

Oct 11, 2011
Puchong
It is simple if u first read before do anything....then blame anybody for it...

regards,
•ƒγяύs ργяσ™• eBuddy XMS pin: A24D43B9

DSM_

Dec 21, 2010
It is simple if u first read before do anything....then blame anybody for it...

regards,
•ƒγяύs ργяσ™• eBuddy XMS pin: A24D43B9

How u can say that he didn't read anything???
He wanted to make the device supported that's why he generated Dump after waiting for 30min and after his EFS flew away... u say he didn't read anything?

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shrek Ogre
How u can say that he didn't read anything???
He wanted to make the device supported that's why he generated Dump after waiting for 30min and after his EFS flew away... u say he didn't read anything?

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk

Yes .
The "supported phones" section .

Herpderp Defy.
We could have had it allllllllllllllllllllll
Rolling in the deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

ItsTristan

Feb 22, 2019
I remember using Mobile ODIN on my Galaxy Note 2 to Update it to Android 4.4 it messed up the EFS

So... my Note 2 lost its ability to Communicate via Celluar Network

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I will thank u for the info but i will not click the thanks button bcoz of above statement, u seen like a thank hunter...if u remove that line i am sure more people will click the thanks button lol

regards,
    •ƒγяύs ργяσ™•
    I DONT CARE IF U THANK ME or Not All I WANT TO SAY IS THAT DONT GET UR PHONES BRICKED!
    I DONT CARE IF U THANK ME or Not All I WANT TO SAY IS THAT DONT GET UR PHONES BRICKED!

Never mind about that guy,, Thanks for the info..:D
    flash an original samsung rom with odin and flash also the original recovery then boot from recovery
    the original ace recovery can fix boot file errors something CWM recovery cannot do, you will have you ace back in business easily.