Setvsel like App

Search This thread

Bleak3993

Feb 28, 2011
Viña del Mar
I read on various threads that it was not convenient to install setvsel with CM7, I wondered then, there is another app which controls the behavior of the CPU, for example, when the phone is with the screen off, stay in the VSEL 1, or some one-click widget that let the cpu max at VSEL 2, these last days I've been testing the performance options CM7 whole day and was running at 800 mHz (using 300/800/1200) and only when needed most performance, either to play shadowgun for example, or browse faster, changed it to 1200 mhz, finally, after 12 hours I still have 40% battery...

I apologize for my bad English, I hope you understand the idea.

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
I read on various threads that it was not convenient to install setvsel with CM7, I wondered then, there is another app which controls the behavior of the CPU, for example, when the phone is with the screen off, stay in the VSEL 1, or some one-click widget that let the cpu max at VSEL 2, these last days I've been testing the performance options CM7 whole day and was running at 800 mHz (using 300/800/1200) and only when needed most performance, either to play shadowgun for example, or browse faster, changed it to 1200 mhz, finally, after 12 hours I still have 40% battery...

I apologize for my bad English, I hope you understand the idea.

Yeah a lot of people say don't install ^^

on my other android ph which has CM7 - I use a 3rd party app to control CPU w/o any issues ;-)

btw... they (other users) said don't do it either :meh:

zakoo2

Mar 16, 2011
Budapest
they say that because cm7 has a built-in overclocking feature in bootmenu, although that can only set the frequency and voltage, nothing else. disable that option in bootmenu, and use setvsel instead, thats what i do, never had any problems so far (and ive been using cm7 for a year now).

sent from my cm7 defy...

zakoo2

Mar 16, 2011
Budapest
Same here on CM9 with SetVsel settings in my signature. When hardly using it the Defy, I can reach 10 days battery time easily.

wow, nice vsel settings. lowest i could set for absolute stability are 17/300, 30/600, 52/1000... dont you have any freezes, lags or something in this kind? what do you use your phone for?

Bleak3993

Feb 28, 2011
Viña del Mar
i install setvsel and test it for few hours, and i notice that the option to set max vsel2 is not working, still going to vsel3

Sir Flashalot

Feb 5, 2011
Camelot
dont you have any freezes, lags or something in this kind? what do you use your phone for?

No lags/freezing, besides the ones caused by the Quarx' CM9 rom. Since I own a tablet, usage of the Defy decreased, especially Internet browsing. I normally use it to call, text, gps navigate, music listening, but most of all flashing roms. :) But I'm no smartphone zombie. On normal usage, it lasts 3-4 days. The previous settings were unstable though, my signature is now updated with the current stable ones.

unosettecinque

May 18, 2012
No lags/freezing, besides the ones caused by the Quarx' CM9 rom. Since I own a tablet, usage of the Defy decreased, especially Internet browsing. I normally use it to call, text, gps navigate, music listening, but most of all flashing roms. :) But I'm no smartphone zombie. On normal usage, it lasts 3-4 days. The previous settings were unstable though, my signature is now updated with the current stable ones.

I'm afraid I do not understand ... are you using the CM9 of Quarx with setvsel? If so, what configuration exactly?

Thanks