[ROM][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v22.0.1 ~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ | PIE | Hybrid | (3/30/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aseercte

Jun 17, 2010
Re: [ROM][4.2.1] PAC-Man ROM v19.9.0 ~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ | PIE | Hybrid | (2/9/13

I couldn't download the update fergie on my phone or my computer

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

JuggZaPoppiN

Jun 11, 2010
Re: [ROM][4.2.1] PAC-Man ROM v19.9.0 ~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ | PIE | Hybrid | (2/9/13

Anyway to get the end all button when killing applications by holding the home button.
I thought I saw an option for this UV the settings, but it doesn't work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Mustang915

Oct 30, 2010

Anyway to get the end all button when killing applications by holding the home button.
I thought I saw an option for this UV the settings, but it doesn't work.

The Home2 its an app in the play store and it allows you customize your home button. Very cool :)

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Hi fergie, Is their any way you could add support for the galaxy s3 for cricket. We are already running both the latest cm10.1 4.2.1 and 4.2.2.
$ It would be greatly appreciated $ ;)

JuggZaPoppiN

Jun 11, 2010

The Home2 its an app in the play store and it allows you customize your home button. Very cool :)

I'm actually looking for a button that allows you to kill all running apps when you hold down the home button. Instead of having to swipe every app to end it's process.

Mustang915

Oct 30, 2010

I'm actually looking for a button that allows you to kill all running apps when you hold down the home button. Instead of having to swipe every app to end it's process.

You can go to settings/developer options then scroll all the way down and theirs an option to kill a running app by long pressing the back button. Sorry that's all I got lol

asaa

Feb 22, 2008
I dirty flashed after coming from JellyBam. Immediately had constant FC's. After clearing data for CONTACTS STORAGE, everything is 100% fine.

Extremely simple install, no need to restore or backup in my case.

Now to flash KT747 kernel for that precious hotplugging ktoonservative governor (best governor, hands down due to which settings are tweakable)

THANK YOU!

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
After you get a message open your status bar notifications and slowly drag your thumb where the SMS/MMS notification is and drag downward

Yes I know lol, that is what I'm saying is an awesome feature! I was wondering if it is a mod or something because I've never seen that on any other ROM I've used before??

davelikestacos

Jan 8, 2013
New York
davidszoke.x10.mx
z8EaXYx.jpg

Anyone else having this problem? You see how my status icons look, they have no space between each individual bar on my signal/wifi indicator. I'm using the theme "BlackedOut," and it's also doing this with SMPL White. If I revert to the default theme, they're fine but then I have to deal with the blue attributes of the theme which is what I was trying to get rid of :\

Reactions: .Nox

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Can anyone confirm that WiFi tether works on this ROM. I can't flash unless that's working. Also how about 4g as well.

They both work, use the build I posted a few pages bk

z8EaXYx.jpg

Anyone else having this problem? You see how my status icons look, they have no space between each individual bar on my signal/wifi indicator. I'm using the theme "BlackedOut," and it's also doing this with SMPL White. If I revert to the default theme, they're fine but then I have to deal with the blue attributes of the theme which is what I was trying to get rid of :\

Looks like it's a setting in PA Prefs, look for the statusbar colors

In other news I made a build tonight using latest sources, at first I kept getting the same errors but it eventually built after I moved some stuff around. There are two issues with it

- Downloads will FC, from Google Play or browser. The download will complete but there's a FC. Made a few logs and am looking into it nw
- Some system options are switched around (for example, some things have been put in ROM Control that were in CMs System Settings)

I really changed the manifest and added a few commits from r.cyanogenmod.com as well as AOKPs source that may be the issue with the FCs

But it does boot, getting closer to what I want. I will post a build if anyone wants it but like I said the FC is kind of annoying

Reactions: aseercte

davelikestacos

Jan 8, 2013
New York
davidszoke.x10.mx
Thanks Fergie. I changed the color of the statusbar icons back to the stock blue color and it worked. I guess the settings conflict if you change it and use certain themes.

I'd say wait until the issues are sorted before you make an official release. I'm fine with using the small update you released the other night until we get a stable, source built, 4.2.2 base release :D

Last edited:

JuggZaPoppiN

Jun 11, 2010

Anyone having any issues with their widgets dissapearing?
Happens pretty often and have to restart the phone to fix.

Android Cowboy

Jan 17, 2012
androidcowboy.com
Sorry for this noob question but for the life of me I can't seem to get Pie control to activated. I've changed from bottom to right or other places. Change the default size and all. I can't get it to show up. What's the trick.

[Solved] Had to switch on expandable desktop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parkourkid93

JuggZaPoppiN

Jun 11, 2010

Parkourkid93

Aug 10, 2012
New York
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 4

Sorry for this noob question but for the life of me I can't seem to get Pie control to activated. I've changed from bottom to right or other places. Change the default size and all. I can't get it to show up. What's the trick.

[Solved] Had to switch on expandable desktop.

Bro, you are a life saver, had this problem since day one and you just solved it :), bless your soul good sir xD, i think the OP should have a little note saying to have expandable desktop on for pie to work :)

Android Cowboy

Jan 17, 2012
androidcowboy.com
Bro, you are a life saver, had this problem since day one and you just solved it :), bless your soul good sir xD, i think the OP should have a little note saying to have expandable desktop on for pie to work :)

Yeah, it's definitely not obvious if your are new to Pie and Paranoid Android. Super happy on this ROM with 4G and native tether working. Anyone try the MA6 modem/Firmware on this?

mshnayde

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah, it's definitely not obvious if your are new to Pie and Paranoid Android. Super happy on this ROM with 4G and native tether working. Anyone try the MA6 modem/Firmware on this?

I am running MA6 without any problems right now.
How do I activate the expandable desktop?
Thanks guys.

Also, any updates to this coming?

mshnayde

Sep 1, 2007
Go to -settings -system -power menu and check the expanded desktop. Hold down power then choose expanded desktop. There might be another way but that's how I found it.

Thanks.
Hey what do you guys think of the battery life for this ROM?
Also, is there a way to activate the battery percentage to show up in the battery icon?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Huge thanks to klin1334 for his d2vzw build [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2028443"]here[/URL] and for responding yes to my request to port and post the build.  Thank you![/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/B]

Code:
    As of 2/24/13 the ROM is built from source now[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

P.A.C.-Man ROM

Based off of Jellybean 4.2.2

for the Sprint Galaxy S3 (d2spr) ...brought to you by klin1344 with a small assist by fergie

Paranoid + AOKP + CyanogenMod = PACman

pac_logo_header_transparent_800x200.png

There are many great ROMs out there, with the more popular ones being AOSPA (ParanoidAndroid), CM10.1, and AOKP. Being all great ROMs, it is sometimes difficult to choose which one you want to run. Why choose when you can have all three? P.A.C.-Man ROM is combination of all three ROMs, so you don't need to keep switching or deciding between which one to flash. Get all of the features in one ROM! The sources are here... Enjoy!

Attention! Because this is a mashup of CM10.1, AOKP, and PA, there are some settings that might conflict with others because they are duplicate. Please keep that in mind before you begin to wonder if there is a bug in this ROM. Thanks and PLEASE see POST #3 for FIXES/WORKAROUNDS

Yn06mrH.png
    x2wkD3w.png
    UPS8nYS.png
    JiSBCfA.jpg
    m68uDxe.png
    15IO34h.png
    wecAF9o.png

Features:
    • based off of AOSP Jellybean 4.2.2
    • latest CM10.1
    • latest AOKP mr1
    • latest AOSPA (ParanoidAndroid 3.0+)
    • all settings from CyanogenMod 10.1, Android Open Kang Project MR1, and AOSPA 3.0+
    • PIE navigation controls
    • Hybrid Settings
    • Per-app layout
    • Per-app color
    • much more...flash and find out!

Downloads Updated March 30 2013:

NEW BUILD: d2spr_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v22.0.1_20130329-171910.zip

Code:
    [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Lime"]OLD Un-Themed Build[URL="http://d-h.st/bdQ"] d2spr_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v21.0.0_20130312-212843.zip [/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

gapps (Android 4.2.2 Version)

How to Install:
    1. Download ROM and Gapps
    2. Boot into recovery
    3. Backup Current ROM
    4. Do a Factory Reset and Wipe System Partition
    5. Flash ROM then Flash Gapps
    6. Reboot

Special Thanks:
    • klin1334
    • szl.kiev and Team
    • CyanogenMod Team
    • Team Kang
    • ParanoidAndroid Team
    • ...if I forgot you, please let me know
    CHANGELOG

Code:
    2-8-13
    [LIST]
    [*]PAC-Man v19.9.0
    [*]based off of Android Jellybean 4.2.1
    [*]updated Paranoid Settings, now includes PIE feature and more

3-3-13
    [LIST]
    [*]Updated to latest sources (3/3/13)
    [*]Updated to PAC-MAN 20.1.0
    [*]Updates to Camera, Contacts, Kernel, Performance Control
    [*]Bug Fixes to system
    [*]New SUPERUSER:  Access by Settings>Superuser>Press Menu Key>Select Settings
    [*]Removed some apps to reduce size
    [*]Made build English Only for size/speed
    [*]Added more JB images and xml's to replace older Gingerbread images/xml's
    [*]Adjusted Mms for Sprint
    [*]Adjusted ROM Control for some bug fixes
    [*]Shortened the amount of time it takes to hold the back button to "Kill an App"

3-24-13

## 21.0.0 -> 22.0.0

* Brought Tiles inline with cm ones [Nick0703]
    * Updated PIE Controls [blindndumb]
    * Fix System UI crash when changing recent app key [bluefa1con]
    * Notification Shortcuts & WiFi display (SlimRoms) [xLaMbChOpSx]
    * Brought some things inline with cm source [bluefa1con]
    * New BootAnimation (for most devices updated) [bluefa1con]
    * Various Device Updates

## 22.0.0 -> xx.x.x

* Changelog Feature [gs2usr]
    * fixed Quick Pulldown (Instant Tiles Pulldown) [gs2usr]
    * fixed back button will collapse statusbar [gs2usr]
    * Toggle to disable Fullscrean Keyboard [OldDroid]
    * Pie and Volume Toggle [OldDroid]
    * Network Tile Updates [Nick0703]
    * latest PA and some CM Updates [OldDroid]
    * fixed FC's related to changing Navbar targets [xLaMbChOpSx]
    * Added Option for Quicktile row Settings [gs2usr]
    [/LIST]
    [/LIST]
    [/CENTER]
    EXTRAS

INVERTED Apps Updated 3-9​

-Inverted Contacts, Calendar, Email built from source (Credit: Team Baked)
    -Inverted Messaging App with Advanced Theming Options (messaging bubbles,custom background options, custom text color options, custom layout options) built from source (Credit: AOKP and Team Baked)
    -Inverted Google Play (credit rujelus22). Make sure you delete /data/app/com.google.vending-1.apk before flashing. Also make sure you delete /system/app/Playstore.apk if it exists
    -Inverted Gmail (credit rujelus22) Make sure you delete /system/app/Gmail or if you downloaded Gmail from GPlay uninstall it before flashing
    -DOWNLOAD

WINDOWS PHONE MULTI-TASK PHONE UPDATED 3-9

GO HERE FOR DOWNLOADS AND INSTRUCTIONS
    Re: [ROM][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v20.0.0 ~AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1~ | PIE | Hybrid | (2/24/1

I haven't read every post but here's what I've gathered

- Yes there was something funky in the kernel source, I'd recommend using KT747
    - The build I made tonight is working fine. I'll sync one more time and post it tomorrow after work
    - Don't act like you're entitled to anything from me or anyone here. Free is free I work two jobs, go to college and am in the process of moving in with my girlfriend. Stop messaging me because your phone is acting weird. I'll post the update tomorrow after 4pm est

WORKAROUNDS/FIXES​

Q: I don't like the NavBar, how do I remove it?

A: Go HERE

Q: How do I remove the Dual-Windows in the main Settings?

A: Go to Settings>Hybrid Properties>Apps>Andrioid System>Click the reset button on the top right corner OR:
    Go to Settings>Hybrid Properties>Apps>Settings>Click the reset button on the top right corner

Q: Blutooth doesn't work
    A: Wait until next week when I can build from source, will try to fix then

Q: LTE doesn't work
    A: I don't have LTE so I couldn't test it, if it doesn't work do the following:
    • Set Network to just CDMA/EVDO
    • Reboot
    • Now Set Network to LTE/CDMA/EVDO
    • Reboot
    If that doesn't work wait until next week

Q: I don't know how to work PIE/Hybrid Options
    A: Please use Google Search, there's a lot of examples of setups on the Internet