Anyone working on modding the boot logo / splash screen yet?

Search This thread

diablojones

Mar 6, 2011
Anyone working on getting the boot logo / splash screen and unlocked icon changed on the Nexus 5 yet? Would really like to see this changed from the default..

ainen

Aug 26, 2011
I'm going to be working on some this weekend. Take a look here to get an idea what I'll be making.

bmg1001

Mar 18, 2012
Los Angeles
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
I'm going to be working on some this weekend. Take a look here to get an idea what I'll be making.

As the OP stated earlier, he means the Boot Logo, not the Boot Animation.

The Boot Logo is the "Google" text when the phone first turns on.
Since this was done back on the GNEX, I hope that someone will be able to figure out how to do it for the Nexus 5 :)

Reactions: nein7three

Alex1123

Sep 12, 2010
Yeah I remember that, had it on my gnex even bought logo me and glados control but sadly neither I think have been updated in a while

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bucika

Aug 4, 2010
Sydney
+ 1 Would love to know how to change that..
Where exactly is the boot logo (Google with that locked / unlocked key chain is located?)
I'm afraid that it's in the bootloader? Is there anyway to extract it?

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
For people that are confused, its called the "oem logo" its basically the "Google" text that appears before the boot animation. I remember making these, and it isn't really that hard. Just rgb5 format of an image and then rename it to .egf made it for the old Huawei U8160 phones :')

But those phones had it built into the system and not the boot loader, so this is pretty tricky.

Sent from my Nexus F...Fi...Fii...Ahem...*clears throat*... Five.

Bucika

Aug 4, 2010
Sydney
For people that are confused, its called the "oem logo" its basically the "Google" text that appears before the boot animation. I remember making these, and it isn't really that hard. Just rgb5 format of an image and then rename it to .egf made it for the old Huawei U8160 phones :')

But those phones had it built into the system and not the boot loader, so this is pretty tricky.

Yea I agree with you. I was however allways wondering what it was called.. I've always tried to get it to change, on my Note 1, s3.. etc.. to feel more Google Like.. never really succeeded.

However I think it can be done, in this video from Phone Tech Kid, he has a STANDARD Galaxy S4 phone, and Google Play Edition rom, installed on it. (We all know, that Google Play Edition Rom, doesn't have Samsung OEM Logo, but Google's one.)
But If we take a look at 50s mark of the video, you will se, that he has UNLOCKED key chain under the Samsung logo.. So I think that the developer of that rom, was able to somehow change it..
What do you guy's think?

Here is the Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sa_r1yFvBo

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Yea I agree with you. I was however allways wondering what it was called.. I've always tried to get it to change, on my Note 1, s3.. etc.. to feel more Google Like.. never really succeeded.

However I think it can be done, in this video from Phone Tech Kid, he has a STANDARD Galaxy S4 phone, and Google Play Edition rom, installed on it. (We all know, that Google Play Edition Rom, doesn't have Samsung OEM Logo, but Google's one.)
But If we take a look at 50s mark of the video, you will se, that he has UNLOCKED key chain under the Samsung logo.. So I think that the developer of that rom, was able to somehow change it..
What do you guy's think?

Sorry not Google Play edition roms but Google Play Edition Phones..

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland

What do you guy's think?

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

It isn't impossible to change it, its just more risky and harder now. As older phones didn't have it built into the bootloader.

If someone finds a way to change it I might give a go at modding and making one, but I wouldn't do it on my own.

Reactions: Bucika

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's the bootanimation. The Boot logo / Splash Screen is before that. The Google sign, mostly with padlock if you're reading this.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

As the OP stated earlier, he means the Boot Logo, not the Boot Animation.

The Boot Logo is the "Google" text when the phone first turns on.
    Since this was done back on the GNEX, I hope that someone will be able to figure out how to do it for the Nexus 5 :)
    Where exactly is the boot logo (Google with that locked / unlocked key chain is located?)
    I'm afraid that it's in the bootloader?

Yes, is on the bootloader..

What do you guy's think?

It isn't impossible to change it, its just more risky and harder now. As older phones didn't have it built into the bootloader.

If someone finds a way to change it I might give a go at modding and making one, but I wouldn't do it on my own.

+1 on that, If I've had a second phone to play with it, I would try it, but I need my phone for work..