Expert advice requested!

Search This thread
Jan 1, 2013
Love this device, but there's two things left on my list of things to update/modify which I'm stuck on.

I rooted the device
went through the Xposed catalog
updated to KitKat
downloaded a bunch of apps like Dropbox, Google Drive, Coursera, emulators, games, synced all my e-mail/social accounts, etc. etc.
bought the Samsung OTG adapter to connect a 1TB external HDD (Game of Thrones Seasons 1 - 3!)

Later I plan on getting a controller and keyboard for games and productivity.

So the basis for this entire post;
The last 2 things I'm trying to get on my tablet is flash and Viper4Android.
My GSIII on PacRom (4.3) has flash enabled using an older version of Dolphin Browser (allows me to watch full episodes of the Colbert Report/Daily Show on Comedy Central). Also, Viper4Android works flawlessly.

I can't seem to find a solution for my Note 2014 tho.
My main questions are does anybody here know how to enable flash and install Viper4Android on the Note 2014?

What I've tried so far;
trying to enable Flash
-downloaded Dolphin/Boat/other flash enabled browsers after dl'ing the recommended files from Adobe's official website
-use the old version of Dolphin the same way my phone has it

trying to install Viper4Android
-install to System/apps then another suggestion to install from System/priv-apps (all permissions set as suggested)
-followed a few guides that talked about editing build.prop (found a solution for the Note 3, however, the lines required for me to edit weren't there on the Note 2014)

Mainly I don't expect my tablet to turn into an amazing sound system, but one of my minor gripes is that it's speakers are somewhat quiet. If V4A doesn't work for us, is there a sound hack to increase how loud we can set the volume (especially for movie watching, even MX Player's 200% sound increase is a little lacking for me)

Thanks! regardless even if there's no known solutions yet.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2013
For V4A, extract the audio_effects zip and place the audio_effects.conf file in system/etc folder and set permissions. Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvth1hp163cwqmn/audio_effects.zip

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

This kind of works! Thanks! With one caveat however, I played a few songs using PlayerPro (bought the full version and is my preferred player) the stock Samsung Music Player, and Google Music Player; but it doesn't seem to fully function. Driver Status says Processing: No.
So I set the FX Compatibly Mode from Normal --> Compatible and selected Force Enable V4A.

Retested the three players on my tablet, and the Google Music Player has an audible difference. I tested this by putting the reverb to some ridiculous setting, and the Google Player was obviously audibly different, while Player Pro and the stock music app were the same. Can't check Driver Status in Compatibility Mode however, but it was clear GMP works with V4A while the other 2 did not.

So now, the problem changes from getting V4A to work (because it does with Google's music app!) to getting it to work with PlayerPro and universally across apps in general. Curious if there's anyway to do this? Im hoping to find a way to get V4A to work with MXPlayer and PlayerPro as well!

¿Will-it-Blend?

May 27, 2013
Atlanta, GA
plus.google.com
This kind of works! Thanks! With one caveat however, I played a few songs using PlayerPro (bought the full version and is my preferred player) the stock Samsung Music Player, and Google Music Player; but it doesn't seem to fully function. Driver Status says Processing: No.
So I set the FX Compatibly Mode from Normal --> Compatible and selected Force Enable V4A.

Retested the three players on my tablet, and the Google Music Player has an audible difference. I tested this by putting the reverb to some ridiculous setting, and the Google Player was obviously audibly different, while Player Pro and the stock music app were the same. Can't check Driver Status in Compatibility Mode however, but it was clear GMP works with V4A while the other 2 did not.

So now, the problem changes from getting V4A to work (because it does with Google's music app!) to getting it to work with PlayerPro and universally across apps in general. Curious if there's anyway to do this? Im hoping to find a way to get V4A to work with MXPlayer and PlayerPro as well!

Make sure you delete or freeze MusicFX from your system. This will ensure that V4A is the default system sound equalizer. And of course make sure it's installed as a priv-app.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Reactions: presidential1O

xDEMON87x

Jul 6, 2015
For V4A, extract the audio_effects zip and place the audio_effects.conf file in system/etc folder and set permissions. Enjoy!

can you help me ? im having the same problem.. i did what you said still doesnt work on my tablet. What permissions do i put it , and where do i install the app? thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvth1hp163cwqmn/audio_effects.zip

Here's your answer for flash, don't know about that other thing your asking....

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52218885&postcount=7

Hit thanks if it helps.... Enjoy.

Make sure you delete or freeze MusicFX from your system. This will ensure that V4A is the default system sound equalizer. And of course make sure it's installed as a priv-app.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk