LG G3 Device Locked - McAfee Needs PIN after Factory Reset

Search This thread

Faheem anjum

Dec 8, 2009
Mardan
forum.gsmhosting.com
Hello,
I just had to reset my "used" LG G3 which had been working fine for 6 months. To my surprise, I encounter the McAfee lock screen. I have never set up any McAfee apps and have no idea what to do next. I've tried 123456 and 000000. I can't send email because it is newly reset and accounts aren't set up yet.

This thread implies you have a solution. What do you need from me to help solve this problem?

i Can help you for that

download Your Model TOT file and Contact me

facebook :https://www.facebook.com/faheem.anjum2

i Am online Daily From 9:00AM To 11PM GMT 5

qadri02

Jul 19, 2015
updated to marshmallow I am using d850

keep do your device on and off.... once you can use your phone... but you can not open mcafee ... than you have to go in to the guest option... than use petern lock... than of your phone... than start it again... than very fastly go to the guest window...
when you inter in the guest window... than after it go to they admin window by clicking power btn... than go to the mcafee option... than first chenge number of friend.... than go to the forget code.. than send this code to the frnd number... than use sent code to change the mcafee code... hop now you got?
if dont? than 923122794599 add me on whatsapp... i will help you
I have update to marsmallow now its not give a glance to see home window

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

anyone who have such phones in hand and want to remove this stupid lock contact me are pm me :)
yes I have , And I want to remove this,, I have lg g3 d850

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

anyone who have such phones in hand and want to remove this stupid lock contact me are pm me :)

qadri02

Jul 19, 2015
McAFee UNLOCK

I have update to marsmallow now its not give a glance to see home window

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Guys , Finally I have sucessfully unlocked my LG G3 Through McAFee they have just call me confirm all the details & provide me the pin & change it new & attached my email address with McAfee , it takes me 3 days , like contact them for 3 time 1st 2 times they refused on 3rd time they arrange time thats 7 in the morning & call me share the pin..
I thought they will not to Pakistan but they did. ;)

kp263

Jun 14, 2016
DHULE
lg g3 ls990 downloadmode is dissabled by kill switch

after i flash tot file through lg flash tool its boot in mini os, when intend to put phone in downloadmode its gives error [downloadmode is dissabled by kill switch] plz help

dwcasey

Jul 14, 2010
NW Arkansas
LG G3 Mcafee Kill Switch

Anyone able to help with LG G3 Mcafee Kill Switch unlock? I have TOT file and Flash Tool, but Kill Switch disabled Download Mode.

dwcasey

Jul 14, 2010
NW Arkansas
test point/short

I have attempted to follow this guide and a few others on XDA similar to it

http://www.boardsforphones.com/unlock-mcafee/

My problem seems to be the fact that I can never get my Windows 10 laptop to recognize the Qualcomm 9008 USB/COM port connection from the phone. I've tried multiple driver files, signed/unsigned, reboots, diff USB port, still no luck. So either the driver install is simply failing or I'm not making the Test Point + Ground connection such that is attempts to use the Qualcomm drivers I've installed.

I had no idea purchasing a used LG G3 would be such trouble. I've had dozens of Android tablets and phones and have always been able to root/recovery/ROM them...did not expect such headache.

If I have the will, I'm going to try procedure again tonight with a Windows 7 laptop. If that fails, I found this guy on ebay and he seems to have decent reviews/success.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272229185842?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

mannzac1

Jul 29, 2016
I found a solution!!!

Type 641076 as your pin!

This allows you to choose a different pin. Type in something you will remember this time and it will leave you alone! Then you can go into the app settings and disable it.

dwcasey

Jul 14, 2010
NW Arkansas
I found a solution!!!

Type 641076 as your pin!

This allows you to choose a different pin. Type in something you will remember this time and it will leave you alone! Then you can go into the app settings and disable it.

Good to know. Hope this helps other folks. If anyone else is able to use this successfully, please let us know.

FWIW, I sent mine off and after about a week, I had the phone at 4.4.2 unlocked, rooted, and TWRP Recovery. I flashed Fulmics 5.3 and have been rocking ever since.

Dethfull

Jun 4, 2016
Macafii in unix system by default?

CONFUSED

MACAFII APP , FOR ME IS A VIRUS.

:D

Sent from my XT687 using xda premium

Faheem anjum

Dec 8, 2009
Mardan
forum.gsmhosting.com
If anyone have phone G3 From any country and have This Stupid Lock Feel Free Contact Me on My Whatsapp Already Done many phones Of Users from xda Forum

Whatsapp :+923156093335

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

If anyone have phone G3 From any country and have This Stupid Lock Feel Free Contact Me on My Whatsapp Already Done many phones Of Users from xda Forum

Whatsapp :+923156093335

Dethfull

Jun 4, 2016
Well, someday when i was stupid, i decided to try an antivirus (i dont remember well the name, but i believe kapersky full version)

Ok, after install this app, the uninstallation was imposible

Is logical for me : "if device haves non root, is not and will never be mine"

In root mode, i resolved like this:

1: Select the MACAFII.APK with rootExplorer (why root explorer? Simple, this explorer shows the thhumbnails of apps turning easy identify VIRUSES like MACAFII.APK), in /data/app
(In your case, MCafii is on /system/app)
2: After found the virus MACAFII.APK, longpress on this dangerous app, select DELETE/EXCLUDE from the menu, and reboot...

3: after reboot, don't worry, the mobile will delete all corpses vinculated to this DELETED VIRUS, automatically.

I unistalled...

:mad:

Sent from my XT687 using xda premium

Last edited:

emofester

Oct 3, 2015
im having this problem... did anyone find the pin?? please and thanls;)

First you'll need: to disable killswitch mcafee
Your LG G3
A thin metal wire (I took mine from and old USB cable)
A small Phillips head screwdriver (you'll know the size when you see the screws)
Your LG G3 charger cable (or one that you know works good)
A computer
Things you'll need to install on your computer prior to this process:
Qualcom USB Drivers x32
Qualcom USB Drivers x64 Make sure you get the drivers for the version of Windows YOU have
The .tot and .dll for your device
Willcracker's tools
Now that you have everything installed on your PC, it's time to do the interesting part, the hardware. I can't speak for all models of the LG G3, but this actually was relatively easy, and I've never disassembled a piece of technology in my life.
So first what you're going to want to do is simply remove the back cover of your LG G3, this should expose the battery, and you should then remove said battery. Now that you've removed the battery, you need to get your screwdriver and begin remove the screws that dot the edges of the back housing of your phone. There are 12 that you need to remove, and 1 that you may leave in place, the 1 screw that you may leave in place is located to the right of the camera lens.
Now that you've removed all 12 screws from the back of your phone, you'll need to pry off the loudspeaker assembly, this can be done by simply using your fingernails, but if that isn't an option for you, you can simply use a flat-head screwdriver to pry it off (I should note that you'll want to pry it off from the bottom of the phone, next to the USB charger port).
Now that you've removed the loudspeaker assembly, you can simply repeat the process when removing the rear housing assembly. For me, this required a bit of effort but that may have been because I was trying hard not to snap it in two, and I recommend you to do the same.
If you're having trouble, here's a video on the procedure. You can stop the video at 0:34, because that's all we're removing in this tutorial (also, you can slow the video down, because that guy is going fast as ****).
At this point, you should be able to see the entire motherboard. Underneath the camera lens, you'll see a metal sheet that's about 11/2 inch long, you can simply pry this sheet off, exposing a small black box.
Now is where the process gets tricky, you're going to want to find the 8 small pins to the right of the box. Once you've found them, you're going to take your wire, and place one end of the wire on the second pin from the bottom, and place the opposite end of the wire, on the ground point, which is on the motherboard.
Here's a picture if you're not quite getting it.
Before releasing the wire, you'll want to plug in the USB charger (connected to the computer), and you should hear Windows detect your phone, and your phone's screen should turn on (it won't show anything, but the screen will be on).
At the point if you've done everything correctly you should be able to see your phone as Qualcom 9008 (Port#) in the device manager. If not, try to short the pins again until you get it. If you're still not getting it, make sure you have the drivers installed properly for both your phone, and Qualcom.
If your phone turned on, remove the battery before doing the following procedure.
Open the willcracker.rar that you downloaded at the beginning of this guide.
Run BoardDiag.exe as administrator.
At the bottom of the window, you'll see a section called "Image Extraction". In the directory labeled BIN, choose the path to your .tot file, and in the directory labeled DIR, select an output folder (preferably any empty folder)
Hit 'Extract'
This may take a while so be patient. It should tell you that the extraction has been completed when it's done. When it's done, do the following:
Check the AP Check box (at the top-left of the window)
Check EMMC Test
Select B2 (MSM8974) from the AP Chipset dropdown menu.
Choose the COM Port number (You can find this by looking at the Qualcom driver in the device manager (Qualcom 9008 (COM port ))
Choose the directory you extracted the files to (the empty folder I was talking about earlier).
Then finally, hit START.
Now you're almost done, but not quite. Find the check box labeled "RESTORE BOOT IMG", and then you need to select "aboot" from the dropdown menu and hit START again.
Repeat that procedure for the next following items IN ORDER!!!
boot
BackupGPT
dbi
laf
PrimaryGPT
recovery
modem --- this file only flash on your divice to disable killswitch mcafee (to unbrick device is not nesesary)
misc --- this file only flash on your divice to disable killswitch mcafee (to unbrick device is not nesesary)
rpm
tz
sbl1 (Make sure this is the last one.)

and repet the process

1 aboot
2 boot
3 BackupGPT
4 dbi
5 laf
6 PrimaryGPT
7 recovery
8 pm
9 tz
10 sbl1 (Make sure this is the last one.)

Reactions: InternetMayhem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    have unlocked my device lg g3 from mcafee

can you show me the direction ?
    u cannot root this device when its lock by mcafee because of kill switch. so u have to think smart.
    try to go to setting, in setting> guest> set a code for guest after it turn on guest option. than restart your device, before comming mcafee put the petern as guest... after this u have to go again in administration, at that time u will see mcafee will not come, and u can easily goto the mcafee app, after going on set your number as a buddy number, after setting buddy number, turn your phone off, insert sim and start it again. macafee will again apear... at that time click on send the code to buddy, proceed it.
    this code will be applicable for an hour, so if u got the buddy code, after geting pin code u have to change the pic code to new one... after doing this procedure mcafee pin will be change.. and u can use this device ;)
    hope you got my point,:good: you dont need to root your device
    can you show me the direction ?

Someone else posted elsewhere the default password.

It's either 123456 or 000000 IIRC

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Tried to talk to different representatives from Mcafee and they could not find a solution but anyway I have got this solved by going to the app and resetting it before the lock could show up. Will be writing down later on the complete procedure.

Thanks to everyone for contributing.

Regards
    from where to find setting option when it lock by mcafee because of kill switch?

keep do your device on and off.... once you can use your phone... but you can not open mcafee ... than you have to go in to the guest option... than use petern lock... than of your phone... than start it again... than very fastly go to the guest window...
    when you inter in the guest window... than after it go to they admin window by clicking power btn... than go to the mcafee option... than first chenge number of friend.... than go to the forget code.. than send this code to the frnd number... than use sent code to change the mcafee code... hop now you got?
    if dont? than 923122794599 add me on whatsapp... i will help you