[Xposed][MOD][4.0+][16-04-2021] KMod FWA v2.8.4 - WhatsApp privacy & customization

Search This thread

Krowne

Nov 23, 2012
Module: NFS Injector

An important fact for everyone, if when restarting the device, KMod FWA stops working, you just have to enter in it, and click on the Apply changes button located in the Customization, Backup and Settings sections. Some testers notified me of this, and I remembered that they also mentioned it to me in the thread some time ago, and it seems that the solution is that.

Remember that for privacy settings, you have to update libraries. You have the list of compatible versions in this link:

https://github.com/Krowne/Libraries

Miss_Corruption

Aug 17, 2019
Is there a way to turn off blue ticks? I know there is an option that says "Hide Read Confirmation" but that shows only one tick to the other person. I want to show them that I received the message but I don't want to give a read confirmation. Disabling it in WA itself is not an option as I want to know when others read my messages.

I'm using EdXposed Sandhook (v0.4.1.5_beta) on an Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Lineage OS 16.0 and using stock WhatsApp (v2.19.216).
All in all this is a great mod so far. Keep up the good work.

chooks06

Jan 12, 2015
singapore
Is there a way to turn off blue ticks? I know there is an option that says "Hide Read Confirmation" but that shows only one tick to the other person. I want to show them that I received the message but I don't want to give a read confirmation. Disabling it in WA itself is not an option as I want to know when others read my messages.

I'm using EdXposed Sandhook (v0.4.1.5_beta) on an Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Lineage OS 16.0 and using stock WhatsApp (v2.19.216).
Turn off delivery report should be the one controlling the number of ticks.

Read confirmation is color of the two ticks.

Maybe I'm wrong..

zipsu

Jan 26, 2018
What exactly is preventing it from working on Android Pie? Latest versions of EdXposed aren't exactly great either, staying on an older version voids some bugs. Not many newer phones even have the option to use Oreo roms, so is this mod completely useless for them? Otherwise great module, loved it on my old Oreo device.

Vorion

Privacy - Hide Connection is not working on Pie. My device is S8 Exynos. EdXposed recognises KMod. No crashes so far. After updating the library, there are no changes. I am shown as online to my contacts. On Whatsapp, there is no "eye" icon. The eye icon only visible inside KMod. Even that doesn't work. Any fix or solution, guys?

Reactions: Daywalker78

Krowne

Nov 23, 2012

You have to get used to when you have problems, use the search engine, or consult the FAQs, and this "problem" by calling it somehow, is mentioned in the FAQs.

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75503030&postcount=1772

What exactly is preventing it from working on Android Pie? Latest versions of EdXposed aren't exactly great either, staying on an older version voids some bugs. Not many newer phones even have the option to use Oreo roms, so is this mod completely useless for them? Otherwise great module, loved it on my old Oreo device.

For many people it's running on Android Pie, using edXposed, and on Oreo, using Xposed or edXposed. Apparently if it doesn't work in edXposed, you have to install a module called NFS Injector, and if installing it doesn't work, you have to install edXposed by Yahfa.

I'm not using it, I'm using Xposed, so I only give you information about what I have been reading that the testers have been saying.

Privacy - Hide Connection is not working on Pie. My device is S8 Exynos. EdXposed recognises KMod. No crashes so far. After updating the library, there are no changes. I am shown as online to my contacts. On Whatsapp, there is no "eye" icon. The eye icon only visible inside KMod. Even that doesn't work. Any fix or solution, guys?

What version of WhatsApp are you using? Have the libraries been updated correctly? Do the other module options work correctly?

Thanks @Krowne

Avoid Deleted
it's Works, but no receive message informing what deleted.:(

The warning messages had to be removed months ago when changing the WhatsApp code. I was investigating how to show notifications, but at the moment I have not found a solution.

Reactions: beeshyams

juhcesar20s2

Nov 17, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
can use version prior to this 2.7.5.1beta version 2.7.6 I can't change contacts color to white when I apply black color in conversations. then you can not see the names porq is black too contacts the same without applying theme mi help

eliezerjk90

Feb 28, 2015
Duisburg
An important fact for everyone, if when restarting the device, KMod FWA stops working, you just have to enter in it, and click on the Apply changes button located in the Customization, Backup and Settings sections. Some testers notified me of this, and I remembered that they also mentioned it to me in the thread some time ago, and it seems that the solution is that.

Remember that for privacy settings, you have to update libraries. You have the list of compatible versions in this link:

@Krowne I think I figured it out... My guess is that the key factor here is selinux state... KMod needs a selinux permissive to work on pie. NFS module will change the selinux to permissive by default and that's why KMod is working after installing NFS module. I've tried to delete the module and try KMod with selinux enforcing -> not working. Change the selinux to permissive using terminal -> KMod working. It's actually make sense because I tried other wa tweaks app and that app also need selinux permissive on android pie... Hopefully people here can test my guess and it will help you to develop the app...

Krowne

Nov 23, 2012
@Krowne I think I figured it out... My guess is that the key factor here is selinux state... KMod needs a selinux permissive to work on pie. NFS module will change the selinux to permissive by default and that's why KMod is working after installing NFS module. I've tried to delete the module and try KMod with selinux enforcing -> not working. Change the selinux to permissive using terminal -> KMod working. It's actually make sense because I tried other wa tweaks app and that app also need selinux permissive on android pie... Hopefully people here can test my guess and it will help you to develop the app...

Thanks. You have given me an idea, and I will try to put it into practice, to see if it works for everyone who has Android Pie and edXposed. ;)

ticktock666

Feb 20, 2010
I can confirm the permissive selinux issue, but the nfs-injector module never changed that for me and I've been using it since Oreo. But when I manually switched to permissive the module started working.
I have to say I'm not a big fan of using permissive on my device, so I'll wait a bit and see if there is going to be a fix or a way around the issue.

Reactions: beeshyams

beeshyams

Dec 29, 2014
Bangalore
Last edited:

Vorion

What version of WhatsApp are you using? Have the libraries been updated correctly? Do the other module options work correctly?

I am using 2.19.216 stable version from PlayStore. The libraries are getting updated without any issues. I tried Hide Writing, Read Confirmation. I also tried to do some Interface customisation. None of those worked. Had a random restart. I also tried NFS Injector module. Using Yahfa's EDXposed. Those didn't help either.

As @eliezerjk90 and others spoke about SELinux mode. I guess mine is always enforced. NFS Injector couldn't change to permissive though the Linux script file is "0". I can confirm the same. I couldn't switch through Terminal as the kernel doesn't support it.

I have only one option, that's to use a reliable custom kernel with SELinux toggle. The thing is my Knox is yet to get triggered according to my phone's download mode :D It shows as (0x0000) and Phone Info app show as 0x0. If that's true, I would like to retain the warrant or e-Fuse or whatever if possible.

It worked perfectly on Oreo irrespective of SELinux status.
Eagerly waiting! @Krowne?

Last edited:

eliezerjk90

Feb 28, 2015
Duisburg
I am using 2.19.216 stable version from PlayStore. The libraries are getting updated without any issues. I tried Hide Writing, Read Confirmation. I also tried to do some Interface customisation. None of those worked. Had a random restart. I also tried NFS Injector module. Using Yahfa's EDXposed. Those didn't help either.

As @eliezerjk90 and others spoke about SELinux mode. I guess mine is always enforced. NFS Injector couldn't change to permissive though the Linux script file is "0". I can confirm the same. I couldn't switch through Terminal as the kernel doesn't support it.

I have only one option, that's to use a reliable custom kernel with SELinux toggle. The thing is my Knox is yet to get triggered according to my phone's download mode :D It shows as (0x0000) and Phone Info app show as 0x0. If that's true, I would like to retain the warrant or e-Fuse or whatever if possible.

If you use oreo then just use the normal xposed magisk module. It will works regardless the selinux state.

Krowne

Nov 23, 2012

If you can't change the SELinux mode then it seems to me that there is no solution at the moment, since it seems that at the moment it's the only way to get it to work. Have you considered changing ROM?

Shubhambora

Mar 23, 2016
Vector Sigma, Cybertron
Things are getting interesting now!

zexn

Jul 19, 2016
Blank/White Whatsapp Screen

Hello, I was using WATeaker for quite a time. Saw latest update in EdXposed installer and wanted to give it a try. Installed, and after activating and reboot WhatsApp stopped working.
When I open WhatsApp all I see is a blank white screen and some time after "WhatsApp stopped working" notification.
I tried uninstalling EdXposed and installing Magisk Xposed framework but same problem. Even tried official Xposed on system level. But no luck. Installed clean firmware and tried everything again what I mentioned before.
Browsing the thread all day but it seems like I am the only one having this problem. So I decided to post. Really hoping to get a positive response.
Tried latest KMod FWA version with combination of these:
Device: Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra Oreo (8.0) Clean install with just one KMod FWA activated.
Whatsapp: Latest Stable/Beta
SELinux: Enforcing/Permissive
Xposed Framework: Official System Xposed/Magisk Systemless Xposed/Magisk EdXposed
Libraries: With/Without Update

Note: Whatsapp works fine when I disable KMod FWA module.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KMod FWA v2.8.4

Project without development at the moment. Maybe later it will resume.

Thank you for all these years of support. ❤️

6EjA7z1.jpg

Disclaimer:
    • Use KMod FWA at your own risk.
    • Readers, end-users, and downloaders of KMod FWA are responsible for their own actions.
    • Readers, end-users, and downloaders of KMod FWA agree not to use for illegal actions.
    • This disclaimer is subject to change without notice at any time for any reason.

Features:
    • Independent customization of each section of the application.
    • You can change color backgrounds, fonts and icons.
    • New icons and ticks in differents sections.
    • Customization different images of the application.
    • Hiding unwanted elements or of little use.
    • Direct access to module from within the application.
    • Privacy options.

Supports:
    • Android 4.0.3(Ice Cream Sandwich).
    • Android 4.1 to 4.3.1(Jelly Bean).
    • Android 4.4(KitKat).
    • Android 5.0(Lollipop).
    • Android 6.0(Mashmallow).
    • Android 7.0(Nougat).
    • Android 8.0(Oreo).
    • Android 9.0(Pie).
    • Android 10.0.
    • Android 11.0+ (Its behavior is somewhat unstable due to some obsolete methods in Android 11).

Minimun requirements:
    Instructions:
    1. Install Xposed or Magisk, and configure Magisk with its modules.
    2. Download the module KMod FWA and install.
    3. Activate it in Modules section of Xposed or EdXposed Manager, and reboot device (Normal restart, not quick).
    4. Open KMod FWA and accept root permissions.
    5. In Android 6.0 or higher, accept the storage and access permissions to the phone's book, or activate it from the application manager of your device.
    6. Make all the changes you want in Customization section.
    7. To see the changes made, click on the refresh icon
      1GXQvWr.png
    8. To save a theme, go to the Backup section, or click the save icon
      EGT7qjc.png
    9. To load a Theme, go to the Backup section, select the Theme you want to upload, and wait the message that the Theme has been loaded.
    10. Go to the Updates section, and Update the libraries. To check the latest available libraries, go to:
    11. If you are using EdXposed it is recommended to enable SE Linux in settings.

EdXposed Manager configuration:
    In the Settings section, go to the Framework section and mark as active:
    • Enable resource hooks.
    • Use SandHook variant backend.

Downloads:

MD5: c23ff8daab1b23921a87ae5088b83931

Repository:

http://repo.xposed.info/module/kmod.xposed

Change Log:

Known issues:
    • The customization is not applied correctly in the Settings section.
    • The circle of FAB button on the main screen doesn't apply color customization.

ATTENTION!

The Riru module v22+ from Magisk, doesn't detect Xposed correctly, therefore it's recommended to use version 21.3 so that everything continues to work correctly.

As I communicated a long time ago, now the Hooks update system (now called libraries) will not continue to update automatically. Updates will now be made on each version independently, and there will be no updates for all versions.

To update the libraries, you must enter the Updates section and click on the Update libraries option. At the moment, there will only be libraries for stable versions and beta versions published on weekends, however, in the link published below, I will publish all available versions of libraries in each version of KMod FWA.

List of available libraries: https://github.com/Krowne/Libraries

Download Themes:

Place their themes on your SD card or internal memory, in the /KMod/Themes route. Make sure the directory exists before placing, if doesn't exist, open the module for create directories.

Download from the index of themes

XDA:DevDB Information

KMod FWA, Xposed for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    Krowne
    Xposed Package Name:

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 2.8.3
    Stable Release Date: 2021-02-09

Created 2016-08-03
    Last Updated 2021-02-09
    FAQ:
    Q: I installed an update, and KMod FWA is not recognized by Xposed.
    A: This is usually normal on some devices.

Disable KMod FWA from the list of Xposed modules, perform a normal restart (not quick), enable KMod FWA again in the list of Xposed modules, and do a normal restart.

Sometimes, disable and enable KMod FWA the list of Xposed modules, and do a normal restart is sufficient.

Q: Why it doesn't work in some versions of WhatsApp?
    A: This only works in official versions of WhatsApp higher than that specified in the requirements.

It may also be that your Android version doesn't have integrated customization, and that is the reason why there is no customization in WhatsApp.

Q: Installed and activated the module, why the changes do not apply to WhatsApp?
    A: Maybe you have not successfully activated the module, deactivate, activate, and then restart of device (normal restart, not by software). You may also be using a version of WhatsApp not compatible with the module.

Q: Can't download themes from the cloud?
    A: At the moment this option is not available, you can upload your themes to external and share servers.

Q: Where was it saved, or where should I save new themes to load them into KMod FWA?
    A: Used to place their themes on your SD card or internal memory, in the /KMod/Themes route. Make sure the directory exists before placing, if doesn't exist, open the module for create directories.

Q: I have changed the application icon, and no changes are applied.
    A: After changing the application icon you must restart your device. If it still doesn't change the icon, you may be using a launcher who does not support changing the application icon (such as Nova Launcher).

Q: I have updated KMod FWA and several options have stopped working.
    A: If this happens, then go to KMod FWA Settings, select Delete cache, and press Apply changes in KMod FWA.

Q: I have activated the option to see a Toast of the people who connect and disconnect, but it does not work.
    A: These notifications will only be displayed when:
    1. Log in to WhatsApp.
    2. Enter a contact's chat.
    3. You are inside WhatsApp.
    4. Do not keep the online status hidden.

When these four conditions are met, then you should see when the contacts you have entered into your chat are connected or disconnected.

If you comply with the four conditions, but leave WhatsApp, force the closure of the application or enter KMod FWA, you must repeat the four conditions to make it work again.

Q: I have problems related to privacy options.
    A: See this post for more information: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=75503030&postcount=1772

Translations:

Looking for volunteers to translate the module into different languages, to publish in the next update.. Interested send me private messages.

Current languages:
    • English
    • Arab
    • Bengali
    • French
    • German
    • Spanish
    • Hindi
    • Indonesian
    • Italian
    • Dutch
    • Polish
    • Portuguese (Brazil)
    • Romanian
    • Russian
    • Turkish

Thanks to:
    @wanam for the mod: Hide the read messages (in versions prior to WhatsApp 2.18.1).
    @Surajkumar for the mod: Deactivate delivery report (in versions prior to WhatsApp 2.18.1).
    jaredrummler ColorPicker (current version).
    when your private life depends on a programmer or an app. there is no patience worth. nice to meet you KMod

I also have a private life, and as I said many times this is a hobby, and I also said many times that I'm busy lately, that until June I wasn't going to be able to update, and even saying that, I've been working on something, but in a private way.

If your private life depends on a developer or an app, I think you should look at it. (with all my respect).
    Update - KMod FWA v2.7.6

Version 2.7.6 (14-08-2019 - From WhatsApp 2.19.203):

7cutsdM.png
    Added all privacy options again.
    7cutsdM.png
    Now you can add a button on the conversations screen to make phone calls.
    7cutsdM.png
    Restructured the icons section within the Conversations section.
    7cutsdM.png
    New method to update libraries (Hooks). They are now updated by selecting the Update libraries option, in the Updates section.
    lYwNNSB.png
    Removed the Clear cache option in Settings (Now use the Update libraries option).
    lYwNNSB.png
    Removed the automatic update of Hooks when entering WhatsApp (It didn't work correctly on some devices).
    lYwNNSB.png
    Removed swipe to respond option (it's already active by default).
    lYwNNSB.png
    Removed option to activate Stickers (it's already active by default).
    lYwNNSB.png
    Removed option to replace the call button of WhatsApp by telephone calls (a separate button was added).
    lYwNNSB.png
    Removed personalization of some screens of the Settings section (for now).
    TLaiDez.png
    Fixed other errors.

Download:

Repository Xposed
    Forum - XDA-Developers

MD5: 043c64c2585b5df5ee23d1062e49a96b

Xposed Repository:

http://repo.xposed.info/module/kmod.xposed

ATTENTION!

As I communicated a long time ago, now the Hooks update system (now called libraries) will not continue to update automatically. Updates will now be made on each version independently, and there will be no updates for all versions.

To update the libraries, you must enter the Updates section and click on the Update libraries option. At the moment, there will only be libraries for stable versions and beta versions published on weekends, however, in the link published below, I will publish all available versions of libraries in each version of KMod FWA.

List of available libraries: https://github.com/Krowne/Libraries

Another point that many ask me is the compatibility with Android 9 and 10. The module works for some people who use edXposed, if you are one of the people that KMod FWA doesn't work, it's not something I can solve, it's something that Developers of edXposed should solve, for incompatibilities with your devices. Therefore, it's not that KMod FWA doesn't work because it is not compatible, it's compatible, but your device with edXposed and KMod FWA is not.

Note: The options to hide record audio and write don't work correctly in the latest beta versions.
    Lack of time

I'm aware that I'm not updating the libraries, but there are some errors, and I don't have time lately to update.

The project is not abandoned, but if stopped until you have some time (Maybe it's for a few days, or maybe for weeks).

I apologize to everyone for it.

I wish the days were of 34 hours... :(