a2dp addon for Wizard

Search This thread

Puckster

Oct 12, 2005
Sydney
FANTASTIC, thanks for pointing this out.
I have installed thgis on my AKU2 K-JAM and all is working nicely.

I can now use my Bluetake BT450rx headphones that i bought myself for Christmas that have been gathering dust on a shelf :D

jamiechang

Feb 22, 2006
Chicago
Well....I did follow the steps...but I do not have an A2DP headset......and I want to be sure this software really works on my T-mobile MDA, before I but an A2DP headset, is anyway I can know this software works with out having an A2DP headset?

I just have the MOTO H700 and HS820....but, I guess it won't work as A2DP headset...

What you guys recommend for A2DP headset for listen to music?

Puckster

Oct 12, 2005
Sydney
contaygious said:
so does this mean i can use the latest rom update now and then install this ontop of it?

I have been using the test rom for a long time because fo the a2dp
I reckon its pretty good.
I am actually finding the A2DP Audio has better reception than the standard handsfree profile as with the new Wireless Audio option enabled with my Bluetake BT450rx headphones i can put the k-jam in any pocket or even walk over 5 metres away without it skipping a beat. :D

However the handsfree profile on the Bluetake headphones gets really crackly if put the k-jam my pocket and cannot walk more than 2 metres away.

Overall i'm really impressed although i have read that having push email and a2dp enabled at the same time can cause problems so im about to give that a go now

Cheers

Puckster

Oct 12, 2005
Sydney
I'm pretty sure that the newest qtek wwe (english) rom.
I have an i-mate and use the i-mate rom so not completely sure but from looking at the ftp site here it seems to be so.

sting0r

Aug 14, 2005
This works with older roms too :) I am using the older Tmobile UK rom that works with blackberry connect software and it works perfectly

jzibble

Apr 17, 2006
All I can say is...WAHOO!

I've been searching every forum I could find looking for A2DP for my MDA. Followed the instructions and it works great with my Plantronics 590A.

I'm using the latest T-Mobile US release ROM from the FTP site (with the goodies rolled in).

Tip:
If you lose the Bluetooth stereo output (like if you turn off the headset and then back on), go to the Bluetooth device section, hold click on the headset, and finally choose "Set as Wireless Stereo".

THANK YOU!

Now...if I could only get the headset controls to next/prev track and pause / play...

summiter

Jan 29, 2005
If you are a Cingular user, I just uploaded a 2.17 ROM that has A2DP added. Link is posted in the Wizard upgrading forum.

zoki

Apr 5, 2006
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!

I try to make single-file cab installation, can somebody of the pros please take a look at it? I also don't know how to insert soft reset feature :(

Attachments

• a2dp_hack.cab
    85.2 KB · Views: 9,831

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It won't work unless you upgrade your rom. you might be able to use the bttoggle option where ALL of your audio output is sent over your bluetooth headphones, but it's not the same quality as a2dp.