[17.APR.2012][ROM] AOKP Build 32 *Unofficial* working on it

Search This thread

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
well, drat, even with superuser tibu & rom manager cannot find root on my device.

Oh well, very cool ui on this rom, i liked it A LOT!

vodovodo

Oct 28, 2006
Some tweaks i've done to build.prop:

debug.composition.type=dyn (change from c2d to dyn, it's already in there)
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

i couldnt find any of those in the buid.prop ! i opened it using notepad

can you guys please share all the tweaks needed

Dashaiva

Oct 10, 2010
You need to add those to the build.prop. debug.composition is the only one already there and you're just changing the value.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium

aremcee

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2010
You need to add those to the build.prop. debug.composition is the only one already there and you're just changing the value.

It's also the only one that does anything. All the others are placebos, nothing uses them.
Also, I strongly disadvise the usage of dynamic composition until AOKP updates their display modules. We only merged the fixes to CM yesterday, and they usually take a day or 2 to catch up.

Last edited:

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
aokp build 31 is available, can i do the updates on this phone or is it build 30 only?

VERY nice running rom this one. I am running it with nova launcher which can remove the search bar, not sure why i dislike that so much but i do and nova launcher overall is badass with this rom.

anyhoo, i am running this and so far the only issue with this rom is the video cam does not work. everything else works for me and works very well.

Dashaiva

Oct 10, 2010
It's also the only one that does anything. All the others are placebos, nothing uses them.
Also, I strongly disadvise the usage of dynamic composition until AOKP updates their display modules. We only merged the fixes to CM yesterday, and they usually take a day or 2 to catch up.

Fair enough, i'm not a dev & I've never heard anyone say they don't do anything.

As far as debug.composition, would gpu be safe to use or just go back to c2d? What could happen if dynamic is used?

S

sportsstar89

Ok well I building build 31 right now so that will be up soon

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

S

sportsstar89

Build 31 is now up device specific changelog is
Updated kernel
USB Stuff
and could someone provide me with a logcat of using camera and camcorder thanks

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
nice.

if you could let me know the adb logcat command and when/how to run it, i can give it a whirl.

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Ok make sure USB debugging is enabled then plug your phone in run adb logcat > logcat.txt

Then open camera, use video cam, etc. After you get lag/errors etc. press CTRL+C (Windows) which will stop logging, and the logcat.txt should be in the same folder as adb (platform-tools).

Keep in mind if you run a second one, with the same name it will overwrite the first.

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
i can't get it to work. debugging is enabled, adb command returns - waiting for device -

sorry guys.

scott0

Dec 9, 2011
windows xp.. i restored the original unmolested ATT rom and was able to generate a logcat text file. but no go with the aokp, not sure what is wrong.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

also, just restored latest version of cm9 and was able to generate the logcat. i then restored the latest aokp i had installed and adb again can not find the device.

if there is something else i can try, please let me know.

S

sportsstar89

windows xp.. i restored the original unmolested ATT rom and was able to generate a logcat text file. but no go with the aokp, not sure what is wrong.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

also, just restored latest version of cm9 and was able to generate the logcat. i then restored the latest aokp i had installed and adb again can not find the device.

if there is something else i can try, please let me know.

Hmm is there a sh file in bin or xbin

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you did, we'd all be very grateful. Also, devs should try porting MIUI roms to our Nitro.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

i am working on a miuiv4 port for our nitro !
    just worried about the kernel though!!

anyways, i'll post it in general section about the progress of the port ! :)
    This ROM is BADASS!

I installed it and like it a lot, but a couple issues cause me to uninstall.

-TIBU cannot find root, so it's not working.
    -the persistent google search bar option to hide is no longer available
    -camera

will this ROM be continually updated? if so, I can&will make a donation.

Thanks again!

Install superuser from the market, reboot and it should work.

For persistent google search bar, i believe you can force stop the service and it goes away. Or, do what I did and install trebuchet into /system/app and use that instead.... it's a little smoother than the stock launcher as well.
    well, drat, even with superuser tibu & rom manager cannot find root on my device.

Oh well, very cool ui on this rom, i liked it A LOT!

Hmm... did you run superuser after you installed it? I think I ran into the same problem until i actually clicked on superuser...
    I don't know why you'd be having problems with CM9. What version of CWM do you have installed? Which Gapps did you install with it?