[TOOLKIT][GUI][MULTI-PLATFORM] Ultimate Backup Tool v2.0 - Full backup without root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thezet

May 17, 2010
Quck question on CWM

Hey guys,

tried to find the answer in the forum without luck. I am trying to get CWM Touch on the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 and have two questions.

1. Which one is the correct one (S2 AT&T or SGH-I777) and what's the difference? (I know a different file is used). Mine is recognized by Kies at SGH-I777, and that's also the model description on the sticker in the back.

2. Choosing the one for I777, I get "/system/bin/sh: cannot create /cache/recovery/command: Permission denied" for the second and third command. I rooted with exynos abuse 1.4.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

EDIT: Solved, ADB shell did not have SU rights. Maybe this could be implemented in the script by checking. I did adb shell, followed by su manually installed it.

Alex

Last edited:

Darshan209

Jun 3, 2012
Lost My Settings after restoring the backup

Trying to check whether the works fine for me, I made a backup and deleted some conversation from whatsapp. After restoring, I got the app data of whatsapp back :D, but all my settings were gone :eek: . My homescreen was blank including widgets and shortcuts :confused: . Did anyone face this kind of problem. And what can I do so it doesn't occur next time I restore?

massafranz

Jul 8, 2011
Ochsenfurt
Hey guys
I had backed up my phone(app data) using the Ultimate Backup Tool and then I factory resetted my phone
After the reset I wasn't able to restore it
It comes "Restoration Started" and immediately "Restoration Ended"
None of my data was restored
I tried doing it manually from adb also but no use!
Can someone help me,
Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem, after my S3 LTE (GT-I9305) had to be replaced after a few weeks due to some hardware-issues.
When i try to restore the data, i get exactly the same response as described above. :rolleyes:

bagarwa

Feb 18, 2012
Bothell
play.google.com
First of all, I'd say a very good tool for backup; provided it works. I haven't tried 'restore' yet; so can't comment on that. Did backup a few times and this is my observation -

1. Ran option 2. backup.ab created. Size 733MB.
  2. Deleted and ran option 2 again. Took much longer than first time. backup.ab size - 100 MB.
  3. Deleted and ran option 2 for third time. Took about the same time. backup.ab size - 465 MB.
I'm worried why is it creating backups of so widely varying size. Doesn't give me confidence that it is actually doing a full backup and not just grabbing whatever it can and leaving the rest.

Then I ran option 6. Immediately it deleted previously created backup.ab. Different options should create backup file with different name or at least warn that existing backup is going to be overwritten. Anyway, this time, the backup.ab is 410 MB. I'm guessing if I run option 6 again, it'll be different size.

Anyone, explanation?

stevez68

Nov 27, 2009
Milan
First of all, I'd say a very good tool for backup; provided it works. I haven't tried 'restore' yet; so can't comment on that. Did backup a few times and this is my observation -

1. Ran option 2. backup.ab created. Size 733MB.
  2. Deleted and ran option 2 again. Took much longer than first time. backup.ab size - 100 MB.
  3. Deleted and ran option 2 for third time. Took about the same time. backup.ab size - 465 MB.
I'm worried why is it creating backups of so widely varying size. Doesn't give me confidence that it is actually doing a full backup and not just grabbing whatever it can and leaving the rest.

Then I ran option 6. Immediately it deleted previously created backup.ab. Different options should create backup file with different name or at least warn that existing backup is going to be overwritten. Anyway, this time, the backup.ab is 410 MB. I'm guessing if I run option 6 again, it'll be different size.

Anyone, explanation?

I had the same problem, so i switched to carbon that works fine.

CrEdge

Mar 2, 2013
0 bytes backup.ab

Hello, whenever I backup using any of the options, it always creates an empty file. I tap "Back up my data", then "Backup complete!" appears within 2 seconds,saving nothing.

USB Debugging is checked, my phone is the Samsung Galaxy Note on Android 4.1.2, which is supported according to the changelog. My system is Windows 7 64-bit with Samsung Kies installed, so it shouldn't be a driver problem.

Then I redownloaded it from chip.de, ran from a different directory, and changed the path to another drive. Same thing happened.

I tried to run as admin, but then it cannot find adb.bat. I tried 15., but it couldn't open output file.

Please help, the only thing that might be the cause is Android encryption of the phone, but that didn't interfere with Kies, ODIN, or anything else I tried.

Just tried Holo Backup with the same results. It said it requires the "Desktop backup password" set, which was enabled outside my memory.

Tried more things: reboot without SIM, different USB port, allow mock locations, and PTP connection, all not working. Then I tried changing the language, but get the attached error on 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, while option 4 closes the program.

None of the previous versions work as well, but didn't try the ones that need platform-tools.

I found out from an article that I need the "Desktop backup password", which I don't remember. Carbon needs it to be blank, so that doesn't work either.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2013
Need help completing backup

I've been trying to get my Droid Razr backed up using this tool. I am able to start the backup successfully but after going through only a few steps the backup tells me it is complete when I know it is not. It stops at com.motorola.contextual.smartrules. I have tried disabling smart actions through settings with no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the backup to go all the way through?

Thank you. I appreciate any help or advice.

spawnm12

Mar 14, 2013
Hy,

is there a chance to get only my contacts back out of the backup?
i have a backup with ICS 4.0.4 and flashed a JB 4.1.2 an now, it wont restore my data.

i would like to extract only my contacs, thats the only thing i need

thx

Greetings

lucalibe

Mar 17, 2013
only save game

Hello, is it possible to save and restore only save game? Or it will restore also the app?

ASabah1

Mar 21, 2013
No choice to restore

Hey guys
I had backed up my phone(app data) using the Ultimate Backup Tool and then I factory resetted my phone
After the reset I wasn't able to restore it
It comes "Restoration Started" and immediately "Restoration Ended"
None of my data was restored
I tried doing it manually from adb also but no use!
Can someone help me,
Thanks in advance!

Did you have resolve your Problem. I have the same one.
PLS - answer!
Thanks

Gigadroid

Dec 31, 2011
Osnabrück
Sorry, I had a HDD crash and didn't had the motivation to restart development.
Now Marijuana Legal/Marijsoft finished his work on the UI.
V2 is now out as beta release :)

Reactions: binoulrider

binoulrider

Mar 26, 2013
GENEVA
Hi,
Thank you for your awesome software.
I want to test the V2 but when I run the application, it closes immediately and nothing happens.
I am on Windows 7 pro, 64 bits.

kzintest

Aug 13, 2009
I.m not much of an developer, but i can make an Dutch translation of this if you want? (of the batch file user texts I mean)

Last edited:
Use of the program requires internet connection otherwise closes. This is used for displaying the banner google adsense that are not visible to the user not to disturb him.

For the translation of the program anyone is welcome to use google translate ... I know it's not good as a translator. Last night I added the ability to use the cloud service boxnet and I corrected the problem in the choice of the language that the user restarts in Italian because it uses the os to identify the language. And I'm ricovert all in English as the default language.

Currently I'm focusing more on mac os for porting the use of cloud services are only available on windows

Attached to the executable file will also find a readme.txt file

Please find attached the file to translate.

ps: Anyone who helps to translate will be appointed in the program

Attachments

• inglese.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 33
  • ReadMe.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 39

mojoxy

Aug 23, 2009
Hey, I tried to backup my Samsung Galaxy S2 with UBT 1.32 but it won't work. When I start the backup, I receive the prompt on my phone and naturally accept it. But then my PC instantly shows "Backup finished" and of course nothing happend. I just have a 0 bytes file in "C:\backup". What am I doing wrong? Does it have to do with my device encryption?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find any information about it...

Thanks for any advice

mojoxy

Aug 23, 2009
Update: After decrypting the device the backup run smoothly. Is this a known issue?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    30siupz.jpg

With this tool, you can completely backup your device without root or unlocked bootloader.
    I have tested it so far only with my Galaxy Nexus, but it should also work with other devices running Android 4.0+.
    So you can unlock your bootloader without losing your data.
    With version 1.1, not all parts of the program will be downloaded, only the necessary.
    The most tools in the "Tools" section are for the Galaxy Nexus, but more devices will follow soon.
    Now the final release of v2 is out!
    The UI is complete, it's much easier to use.

Screenshots
    aut4lx.jpg

Tutorial (thanks to AndyCr15)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa0vnq_ce-M
    If you use v1.2.2 you don't need to copy the UBT to platform-tools.
    It would be nice if someone would do a tutorial for v2 :)

German Tutorial:*click*

Download

Windows

Ultimate Backup Tool v1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.2

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.2.1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.2.2

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.3

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.3.1

Ultimate Backup Tool v1.3.2

mod edit: Using pay per click links is against XDA rule 13

3. Advertising and Income Generation

Commercial advertising, advertising referral links, pay-per-click links and other income generating methods are forbidden. Do not use XDA-Developers as a means to make money.

Mirror link (not always up to date; thanks to chip.de)

ROM Backup Digital Cryptor

Mac OS / Linux

Ultimate Backup Tool v1 (thanks to eyrienne)

mod edit" more pay per click links

Source
    UBT

ROM Backup Digital Cryptor(Alpha, post bugs below; big thanks to Marijuana Legal/Marijsoft :D)

Changelog

v1
    • Initial release

v1.1
    • Added download feature
    • Changeable path for backup
    • Added "Tools" section
    • ADB preloads
    • Added pauses
    • Added ADB and fastboot check
    • changed Window size
    • returning to .bat because some virus scanners have indentified it as malware

v1.2
    • Path will now be saved
    • fixed problem with preloading ADB
    • added version number
    • added Option to backup a single app
    • added CWM for GS2 and GS3
    • fixed Option 2 to install CWM to Verizon

v1.2.1
    • hopefully fixed the bug with backup functions

v1.2.2
    • changed window size
    • spelling mistake corrected
    • advanced ADB and fastboot check (thanks to 2uk3y)
    • some UI adjustments (thanks to 2uk3y)
    • recognizes if it runs on x64 or x86

v1.3
    • full S2 and S3 support
    • german translation (thanks to TheMaurice)
    • added device and version check
    • added notification if backup has been finished
    • added device informations
    • added "Incorrect input" notification to all menus
    • added pop-ups

v1.3.1
    • fixed a bug with pop-ups
    • added pop-ups for backups of a single app
    • fixed a bug with path of backup of a single app

v1.3.2
    • option to capture a problem
    • added package list
    • added Galaxy Note support
    • ADB updated
    • Fastboot updated

v2.0
    • Added rootmethod for Samsung Galaxy S4
    • Added option to flash zip
    • Added rootmethod for many devices (Doom4lord4Root)
    • Updated option to block ads
    • Added cloudservice box
    • Added form to report bug in programm
    • Updated gpubli (google ads)
    • Add image to cloud (experimental) (save your photo sdcard cloudservice picasa or flikr - only donation***ImageToCloud) in this version zip file folder image and uploading to google drive
    • Added CloudManager to add upload to your cloud with a application you get if you donate
    • Added donationbutton (Marijuana Legal don't have a job, he's so sorry)
    • Fixed language(English language is default)
    • Fixed update search and download
    • Fixed Backup/restore list single app

Known problems
    • Problems with the HTC One series
    • Problems with Sony devices from 2011

When you have a problem make sure you have correctly installed drivers.

Donations
    Nobody has donated so far, be the first :D

Our little team
    • Gigadroid (Scripting)
    • Marijuana Legal (GUI for Windows and Mac)
    I have fixed the problem.
    The compiler has built crap.
    And yes, it requires a ADB connection
    Sorry can't give simple instructions because my pc got ****ed up again -.-
    Use the youtube tutorial with v1.3.2 if you really don't know how to use it.
    I stopped development on this and Marijsoft clearly failed the campaign for v3 so I think there will be no v3 :(
    This tool started a wave of programms (e.g. Helium etc.) that were so much easier to use than this, yeah awesome but not for us because nobody is interested in this because we were to slow to develop a good looking and easy UI :(
    I think it's dead now, it was my first project here, it looks like the next one will be an android app..

As that this project seems to be dead and there income generation links in the op I think it is best we just close this thread down

Thread closed
    @vitors and flomtidreio: It SHOULD be no problem as long as you haven't made a Backup from system apps.
    Malware?

The "Ultimate Backup Tool" referenced above comes bundled with a program called "Conduit" which has been reported as malware. Conduit installs itself in your browsers as the default search and blocks you from re-setting your previous default. Then it apparently shares your information all over the place. As a result, I declined to install the Ultimate Backup Tool even though I had the option of un-bundling Conduit. My trust was shot . . . . -Anonymous