One plus one has always listening, we don't. The hell, qualcomm?!

Search This thread

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
Nor does the S5... Or the Z2... Or the Find 7...

I think the question we should be asking is why did every other manufacturer decline the functionality?

My guess is that it either isn't too great with battery or the keyword HAS to be "Hello Snapdragon" which didn't fly with them.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: schwartz.matthew.e

Nov 21, 2012

I think the question we should be asking is why did every other manufacturer decline the functionality?

My guess is that it either isn't too great with battery or the keyword HAS to be "Hello Snapdragon" which didn't fly with them.

Doesn't Samsung have hi galaxy that uses this feature? Battery life or not I don't like how they take away choices

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
Doesn't Samsung have hi galaxy that uses this feature? Battery life or not I don't like how they take away choices

You're right! I wasn't aware the GS5 had that. Indeed they're most likely using the chipset feature.

But this raises another question, why didn't one plus customize their keyword? "Hello Snapdragon" is kind of a mouthful. I guess it doesn't really matter.

I can't help but wonder if this functionality can be hacked in. I'd think it would be easier on a AOSP based ROM.

Reactions: schwartz.matthew.e

haitu

Mar 6, 2012
There is an app that does this but it's a battery killer I think. I do wish m8 had always listening on though.

eikast

Feb 22, 2012
I'm sure the NSA would love for more people to have that feature ;)

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
I'm sure the NSA would love for more people to have that feature ;)

Exactly, people are silly and like to talk to their phones a little too much now a days it seems. Oh the days before cellphones, how did these people ever manage? Lol

Nov 21, 2012
I don't think the NSA needs us to have that feature to listen in....:)

The core is low power in order to transmit that information it would need to cause a wake lock which could easily be blocked. I would be more concerned with backdoors that are in the closed source radio blobs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You're right! I wasn't aware the GS5 had that. Indeed they're most likely using the chipset feature.

But this raises another question, why didn't one plus customize their keyword? "Hello Snapdragon" is kind of a mouthful. I guess it doesn't really matter.

I can't help but wonder if this functionality can be hacked in. I'd think it would be easier on a AOSP based ROM.