[Bootanimation] MASSIVE 180+ QMG BootAnimation LiBRaRy KoLLecTioN (6/25/14)

Search This thread

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia

Here is the link. Thanks AbhishekS​

The above Boot Animation happens to be an Android KitKat “Easter Egg” Boot Animation, which is my current running theme, I tend to update these Boot Animations regularly when I find something that stands out, 2 weeks ago I had a Android Tribute to Sochi Winter Olympic Games which can still be downloaded.

The Boot Animations featured here in this thread are NON-FLASHABLE, that is they cannot be installed through custom Recovery. They are however, installed manually and I will explain in detail how this is done. These Boot Animations run on QMG file format which are located in your Samsung’s system/media file. Inside your system/media file there are 3 files that I use:

1) BootSamsung.qmg-> This is a rather large file that holds the main Boot Animation, it does not loop.
2) BootSamsungLoop.qmg-> This is the smallest of the 3 files, it normally loops, but not always, it can also be inconsistent and run continuously or end abruptly. Begins immediately after the BootSamsung.qmg often without a sequence, screen may dim as it runs.
3) ShutDown.qmg-> This is an important one, as it plays a Boot Animation as the device “Powers Off and Restarts”, restart is the key word, as Power off will not play a ShutDown. Tends to hold on the last image before device reboots.​

While the above are the 3 files in the system/media file there is 1 more file that I use that is found in the system/media/audio/ui:
1) PowerOn.ogg-> This is a sound file that is typically 18-20 seconds that plays music during the BootSamsung.qmg & BootSamsungLoop.qmg, before turning off prior to reaching the Lockscreen.
Boot Animation Sound can be controlled under System Volume.​

First, things first when you may be more familiar with these QMG files than you know. When your device was new, unboxed, setup, before Root and Unlock. These QMG files were already on your device. If you have Flashed a Bootanimation.zip, YOU MUST REMOVE IT in order to install these Boot Animation QMG files as 2 Boot Animations will not run at the same time and the Bootanimation.zip is set to run as the MAIN Boot Animation.

To move forward, I suggest to either “move” or “delete” the existing bootanimation.zip file. If you are unsure where the bootanimation.zip file is it would be in your system/media folder. As look around for the “bootsamsungloop.qmg” and the “shutdown.qmg” if they are there go ahead and “delete” them. Go into system/media/audio/ui and look for the “PowerOn.ogg” and delete this file as well. See my example of the bootanimation.zip in the system/media folder below.

Once, this is complete and/or if you have never flashed a bootanimation.zip, the next step-> select a Boot Animation that you would like to try and download. Can either move the extracted files to your device or extract the files to a folder on your device and move them to the appropriate folder.

+++ KEEP IN MIND +++ If you just removed your bootanimation.zip whether it was deleted or moved, when you reboot, your system is going to expect it to be there. When rebooting if your device reboots into Recovery a simple Battery Pull or Reboot will be enough to get the new QMG Boot Animations to turn on.

Remember:
bootsamsung.qmg, bootsamsungloop.qmg, shutdown.qmg-> system/media
PowerOn.ogg-> system/media/audio/ui
Change the Permissions to RW-R-R (as displayed below)​

As a note: I tend to suggest using the “T” ie “Sticky” Special Permission setting on the QMG files, as I use variable speeds, max file settings, and play is smoother.

A few things to keep in mind.

A custom Bootanimation works best with a custom ROM, it simply does, Stock ROMs do not finish the same.

There may be a delay between the loading of the Bootanimation and after the Recovery Logo loading screen appears.

QMG files are governed by Samsung Theme Designer, which means there are limits however, limits can be pushed to create the best results.

Bootanimation’s require the use of both bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg (using one without the other will produce undesirable results.)
I am always looking for new creations to add to the collection, any suggestions, any posts with work provided credit will be given.

Feel free to see if these Boot Animations on other Samsung Device’s and Tablet’s at your Own Risk.

Please, give credit where due, there are many Bootanimations here, if I left someone out please let me know, if you want to post my work, please extend the courtesy.

With so many Bootanimations it is often hard to remember all of the sources that I pulled them from, the largest source Developer that does simply incredible work and is simply known throughout the Android community for his work is JaeKarr99 which most of the Bootanimations that appear in this LiBRaRy KoLLecTioN are his, I have simply accepted the challenge of using a difficult themeing system and configured it the best I can to keep these Bootanimations in the best form possible. This was done through the guidance of xessus as his walkthroughs and many many countless hours of attempting this work is hopefully showing a positive. Other themers I will mention are Crakanug with the Black Ops II Bootanimation, PartimusPrime, CyanogenMod with CM, BKJolly, and the many others, if I fail to recognize I apologize it is not intentional nor out of disrespect, please forgive me.

Go ahead and Reboot the device. You are all done. Enjoy!

Let the FUN BeGiN!​

Last edited:

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
This is a LiBRARY KoLLeCTioN of BooTaNiMATioNs
-> To Start Off this KoLLeeCTioN I would like to BeGiN it with a FavoriTe Batman… <-

[
UPDATED 2/17/14 Batman_Bootanimation link Thanks JaeKar99

Batman is the "30th" Bootanimation that I have ready for the library at this moment, there will be more Superhero's, possibly Star Wars, or Star Trek character's kicking off Future BULK ADDITIONS!!!

Knight Rider Thanks OptimusADDiCT

Silver Surfer Preview by KachowPow

Red Orb Thanks JaeKar99

Blu Rotator Thanks JaeKar99

Blue Lines A Thanks JaeKar99
Blue Lines B Thanks JaeKar99

Blue Kystal Machine Thanks JaeKar99

Blu Wave Thanks JaeKar99

Red Binary Nex Thanks JaeKar99

Super Mario Shroom’vision

Star Wars Battle

Star Wars Battle Ground Old Republic

Android Blue Cube Shutdown Thanks xessus

Android Blues Thanks JaeKar99

AOKP Thanks JaeKar99

Apple Tippiddy-Tap

Apple Smash (Updated logo is jumpy)

Atomic numbers Thanks JaeKar99

UPDATED 2/17/14 AeNomolyll-1(current favorite) Thanks JaeKar99

BA_AeNolmoyll Thanks JaeKar99

Baked

Beanstown106's_Bootanimation from his current Verizon ROM

Bios similar to what appears on the Hyperdrive ROM Thanks ade_tobat

CM11

Dr. Who

Dr. Who 50th Anniversary

UPDATED 2/11/14 Dr. Who Time Traveler Extended Cut Thanks JaeKar99

Flyn Vs Thanks JaeKar99

Google

Javanese, the themer is Dark-R his OP is here.

Knox RAID ATT ROM Bootanimation Thanks drakeymcmb

Marvel Thanks JaeKar99

Note III Thanks kevinrocksman

UPDATED 2/17/14 Reactor Thanks JaeKar99

STOCK Verizon Bootanimation

SlimKat Thanks SlimROMs

The Cross Thanks JaeKar99

Nostalgic Collection
  1. Samsung Vibrant
    [*]
    [*]Green Samsung Mist
    [*]
    [*]Samsung Galaxy S
    [*]
    [*]Samsung Sparkle
    [*]
    [*]Samsung Droid Charge

AAL-Nex Thanks JaeKar99

Apophamator Thanks JaeKar99

Flaming Red Skull Thanks JaeKar99

Use Your Illusions Part I Thanks JaeKar99 (unsure of development)

Use Your Illusions Part II Thanks JaeKar99 (unsure of development)

Use Your Illusions Part III Thanks JaeKar99 (unsure of development)

Use Your Illusions Part IV (Picture of all 3 images above included) Thanks JaeKar99 (unsure of development)
This happens to be a "Special Bootanimation" as it combines Parts I, II, & III into one Incredible Bootanimation, check it out!!!

Here is a BIG Request... THE MATRIX COLLECTION happens to be the Matrix, Bootanimation and Shutdown, Enjoy! Thanks JaeKar99

Matrix Droid Thanks JaeKar99

Matrix in Blue Thanks JaeKar99

Apple Rotten to the Core Thanks JaeKar99

Pissing on Apple Thanks JaeKar99

Krynisis Thanks JaeKar99

Galaxus Thanks JaeKar99

Countdown to Call of Duty ~ Ghost Countdown Thanks JaeKar99

Bbokeh Thanks JaeKar99

STAR TREK WARPSPEED

UPDATED 2/17/14 Star Trek Twist Thanks zul8er

Star Wars R2D2

STAR WARS HYPERDRIVE

Alien Blue Bootanimation Thanks JaeKar99

Alien Green Bootanimation Thanks JaeKar99

Alien Orange Bootanimation Thanks JaeKar99

Blowing Smoke Bootanimation Thanks JaeKar99

Motorcycle Bootanimation
[for still image click here]

BKJolly's Pac Man Bootanimation Thanks BKJolly

Wave-Ani_Bootanimation Thanks JaeKar99

Multi-Color Swirl Bootanimation Thanks JaeKar99
[for still image click here]

Nexus Beam Bootanimation Thanks PartimusPrime

Kit Kat 4.4+ Bootanimation

Black Ops II FINAL Version Thanks Crackanug

E-Core Thanks JaeKar99

Last edited:

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
FlyinVs (This is the original version without the Note 3 Logo no Sound) Thanks JaeKar99

Pretty in Pink THIS IS FOR LADIES... THIS IS FOR LADIES... THIS IS FOR LADIES... :) Thanks JaeKar99

SciFiDroid Thanks JaeKar99

Stargate Thanks JaeKar99

Superman

Supernova Thanks JaeKar99

You are more beautifulTHIS IS FOR LADIES... THIS IS FOR LADIES... THIS IS FOR LADIES... :) Thanks JaeKar99

Hulk-Smash Puny-God (Bonus) +Includes+ an extra Avenger Thanks wally3614

Thor1 Got'em Thanks Preshak

Marvel Avengers Sequence

Pink Floyd Android (Includes On the Run from Darkside of the Moon)

Gimme a break... Gimme a break... Break me off a piece of that KitKat bar.

Android KitKat Side-2-Side Thanks to LGSilva

Android KitKat Rotation in Red (favorite) Thanks to LGSilva

KitKat 4.4 White Android on Black contributed by rob219

2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games Tribute Bootanimaition
Link to download with Logo
Link to download without Logo

Android Black 4.4 on White

Android KitKat 4.4 Pretty in PinkTHIS IS FOR LADIES... THIS IS FOR LADIES... THIS IS FOR LADIES... :)

Android Black on Red (simple)

Android B&W Flash

SlimKat KitKat Thanks SlimKat

KitKat 4.4 Thanks Paranoid Android contributed by 117micc

AOKP Thanks Joachim Holler AOKP Contest Winner Contributed by 117micc

AOKP - Kiernan Moore Contributed by 117micc

AOKP Magical Thanks PartimusPrime

AOKP Nekro Thanks PartimusPrime

Julia Core Thanks to JaeKarr99

Julia Core on Blue Thanks to JaeKarr99

Julia Core Morph Thanks to JaeKarr99

Domo Thanks to LumberJack

Lunar UI Inspired Thanks to MelissaPugs

Orange MIUI Thanks to MelissaPugs

Violet MIUI Thanks to MelissaPugs

Blue MIUI Thanks to Melissa Pugs

Green MIUI Thanks to Melissa Pugs

Black on Blue MIUI Thanks to Melissa Pugs

Black on Pink MIUI Thanks to Melissa Pugs

Red on Black MIUI Thanks to Melissa Pugs

White on Black MIUI Thanks to Melissa Pugs

White on Blue MIUI Thanks to Melissa Pugs

White on Plum MIUI Thanks to Melissa Pugs

Black Android on Blue Thanks to Melissa Pugs

Black Android on Pink Thanks to Melissa Pugs

Green Android on Black Thanks to Melissa Pugs

Orange Android on Black Thanks to Melissa Pugs

White Android on Black Thanks to Melissa Pugs

Red Android on Black Thanks to Melissa Pugs

White Android on Black Thanks to Melissa Pugs

White Android on Blue Thanks to Melissa Pugs

White Android on Plum Thanks to Melissa Pugs

Android Propaganda Thanks to SimsDelt

Linux Android Bootscreen

Cyanogen(mod) Thanks to CM

The Simpsons (Kanged) Thanks JaeKarr99/KachowPow
Intermezzo The Simpsons (No KC kanged) KachowPow

Last edited:

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
Cyanogen Android

Iron Man

S.H.I.E.L.D.

ARC Reactor

ARC Reactor – Purple

ARC Reactor – Red

EA Games

Cyanogen(mod) PerspectiveThanks to rhar****

Jarvis

Marvel – Thor: The Dark World with Sound KaChowPow contributed by hilmi94zul

Nexus L BootAni Thanks PartimusPrime

Nexus F BootAni Thanks PartimusPrime

Nexus X BootAni Thank PartimusPrime

Nexus X-X BootAni Thanks PartimusPrime

Napoleon is Terminated by KachowPow

Kill Bill blue-screen by KachowPow

Apple Electrocution

Android Takeover II Contributed by j3ffm1II
Android Takeover III Contributed by j3ffm1II

KitKat- Android “it’s Magic”

KitKat-Android “to Give or not to Give”

KitKat-Android “Boat”

Bleach Double Feature by KachowPow contributed by vupcc69

Assassins Creed Thanks RelZeshi contributed by digitalqueef

Family Guy- Peter vs. Mr. Washee Washee

Illusion Oreo Flash Mania by KachowPow

Hyperdodecahedron Thanks prepaidguy9081

World War Z

MORE.....

STILL.....

TO......

COME........

New Boot Animation... Just added...

Captain America- The 1st Avenger by KachowPow contributed by twilight79

Black Butler-Hellsing (anime)by KachowPow contributed by XRivetGirlX

300:Rise of An Empire by KachowPow

Last edited:

Mark_Hardware

Oct 4, 2010
So I followed the steps, and it all works... The only problem is the anumation doesn't have time to complete on startup. The splash screen is on, the bootup sound plays, then partway through the music the animation starts. It plays roughly halfway then it's my homescreen. Then when I shut down, the animation doesn't start at the beginning. Any ideas?

Thanks a bunch for the step-by-step instructions, btw!

Reactions: czekdysalt

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
Here's what I suggest. First, make sure that you are using a Custom ROM, this is essential as the carrier/stock ROMs always produce inconsistent results with these Boot Animations. The second thing that I recommend is on the qmg files is when setting the permissions either in Root Explorer or some similar file explorer application, first set the permissions to rw-r-r as this is a required permission, but also add the "Sticky" or the "T" which will display as rw-r-r-T as a permission setting. I recommend this on the following files -> bootsamsung.qmg, bootsamsungloop.qmg, and shutdown.qmg . Adding this permission tends to hold the file rather than close it, most of the Boot Animations that I've added to the above collection do not use typical settings and of course Samsung's Theme Design program was not meant to compile 1080x1920 Boot Animations it was meant more to compile 320x480, which these BA's tend to carry a larger format and a range of different speeds. The Sticky setting is most useful espeacially on some of the Animations that run extremely fast such as the "Flash" or the "Olympics".

The sound files are always tricky, which I should note this because the bootsamsungloop.qmg is very inconsistent, this file has it's own speed, eventhough I've set it under the parameters, but if you flash enough of these BA's, you'll notice the bootsamsungloop.qmg is the file that often dims at random and can stop whenever it wants. The Thor1 (not one of my favorites) is an excellent example of this.

There are plenty of great BA's to play around with. Don't focus on the size of GIF's as the GIF's do not reflect the actual size of the images in the QMG zips. Feel free to let me know what Animations you would like to see, I'm willing to add anything except personal custom work, but anything to please everyone, after all that is the purpose of the collection.:good:

vinvargas24

Dec 5, 2013
San Fernando
Here's what I suggest. First, make sure that you are using a Custom ROM, this is essential as the carrier/stock ROMs always produce inconsistent results with these Boot Animations. The second thing that I recommend is on the qmg files is when setting the permissions either in Root Explorer or some similar file explorer application, first set the permissions to rw-r-r as this is a required permission, but also add the "Sticky" or the "T" which will display as rw-r-r-T as a permission setting. I recommend this on the following files -> bootsamsung.qmg, bootsamsungloop.qmg, and shutdown.qmg . Adding this permission tends to hold the file rather than close it, most of the Boot Animations that I've added to the above collection do not use typical settings and of course Samsung's Theme Design program was not meant to compile 1080x1920 Boot Animations it was meant more to compile 320x480, which these BA's tend to carry a larger format and a range of different speeds. The Sticky setting is most useful espeacially on some of the Animations that run extremely fast such as the "Flash" or the "Olympics".

The sound files are always tricky, which I should note this because the bootsamsungloop.qmg is very inconsistent, this file has it's own speed, eventhough I've set it under the parameters, but if you flash enough of these BA's, you'll notice the bootsamsungloop.qmg is the file that often dims at random and can stop whenever it wants. The Thor1 (not one of my favorites) is an excellent example of this.

There are plenty of great BA's to play around with. Don't focus on the size of GIF's as the GIF's do not reflect the actual size of the images in the QMG zips. Feel free to let me know what Animations you would like to see, I'm willing to add anything except personal custom work, but anything to please everyone, after all that is the purpose of the collection.:good:

GREAT JOB MATE!!! Is there are way you can create flashables so nextime i install custom Rom i dont have to Re do the Steps Again??? and I can try them all as well easier??? =) Thanks Mate!

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
GREAT JOB MATE!!! Is there are way you can create flashables so nextime i install custom Rom i dont have to Re do the Steps Again??? and I can try them all as well easier??? =) Thanks Mate!

Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying them. While I did consider early on turning these Boot Animations over to flashable zips, I felt the process would slow down the growth of the Collection. So, I continued to focus on QMG formats for a couple main reasons.

Perhaps this can be of assistance in at least giving faster access to the latest Boot Animations, here is the link to MediaFire folder that holds the latest and most recent Boot Animations....

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/sa1r8iprkckm7/Bootanimations

Last edited:

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
hi @KachowPow .. can you help me in making this new marvel for note 3 bootanimation.. here is the link https://mega.co.nz/#!SFZFHCpC!CsHkeHz7u3bBeSet2UttJs1wrvqDhm2-A-XOiukRvcU .. thanks a ton =)

Nice, :good: I was just talking to @_MutantX_ about this one as he uses it for his signature, as you can see from this link. I'm going to be converting a few of his Boot Animations over to the collection so that they can be used on other devices/carriers. But, I do plan to work on the mp4 that you shared, I am going to try some new software to capture the best image to convert it, just give me some time to work on it. Thanks for sharing! :good:

Reactions: hilmi94zul

_MutantX_

Feb 6, 2014
Troyes
Nice, :good: I was just talking to @_MutantX_ about this one as he uses it for his signature, as you can see from this link. I'm going to be converting a few of his Boot Animations over to the collection so that they can be used on other devices/carriers. But, I do plan to work on the mp4 that you shared, I am going to try some new software to capture the best image to convert it, just give me some time to work on it. Thanks for sharing! :good:

I look to convert it embellish with images it this evening, during my return of the work. At about 9 pm ;)

hilmi94zul

Mar 15, 2013
Google Pixel 8 Pro

nice @kachapow .. do notify me onced you have finished.. =)

KachowPow

Oct 23, 2012
Philadelphia
Hello

Your "Google" boot animation in post #2...

I once used the same animation but it also included the text "Android" in it. Have you heard of it and do you know where to find it?
I'm really looking for it.

/CK

I can not say that I have seen that one, I have seen the one with the circles that are in the pale colors as displayed in the GIF, which is different than the "Play Edition" version 2 that is in the Google QMG download which runs the red, yellow, green, and blue colors. If you happen to find the Android version, please post, I'll convert it, post it and give you credit for it (unless their is a Developer or Themer that designed it, which I'll give you Contribution acknowledgement for it.) I believe anyone and everyone that contributes to the growth of this Collection should be recognized. :good::good::good:

Reactions: Café King

Top Liked Posts