how to - root your htc one v the easy way..noob friendly ; ) STEP BY STEP(gsm only)

Search This thread

paarthdesai

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 2, 2012
mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S21+
2ylsaa8.png

soo i found ckpv5's guide to root htc one v more complex and difficult for a newcomer to android ..( it did to me ) soo i am writng another one in my way as i being a noob wld understand

So guysu just got a new HTC One V which is running on the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich version and so if you want you can root it using the following Step-By-Step Article. Rooting allows you to expand the functionality of your phone and lets you do more things on your phone than before. like custom roms ,kernel ( which increases performance and battery both..),or u could just do it to install your wanted or fav root app from the play store
following things

You Must Know:

* *As long as your phone is rooted will warranty will be void.
* *Proceed at your own risk and ensure you backup your device before hand so that anything happen you won't have a new paperweight. Because i dont take any responsibility for any loss of data or if u brick ur device..
soo-
You're Going To Need:

* *A HTC One V
* *USB Cable (Same one that came with the phone)
* *Make sure your HTC One V have at least 50% of battery life.
* *Windows PC, Mac OS, or Linux (only need one)
* *You are going need your HTC One V’s bootloader unlocked. (You can do that with the link below You're Going To Need: (Read Article Before Downloading)
http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter

* *Superboot Image

* *HTC One V bootloader unlockedStep-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1: Unzip files from the Superboot rar file and put them on your Desktop for easy access. :p

Step 2: Turn OFF your HTC One V.

Step 3: Boot up your HTC One V into the bootloader mode. To do that, press and hold Volume DOWN key --> then press the Power Key.

Step 4: When you have entered the bootloader mode, connect your HTC One V to your PC using the USB cable. (Same one that came with it)

Step 5: select all other supported models (complete bootloader unlocking from the site listed above
once done come back here again ;)
soo now i hope ur done with bootloader unlock process ..proceed below
A) Windows Only: If you are using a Windows PC, run the install-superboot-windows.bat file by double-clicking on it.

B) Mac OS Only: If you are running Mac OS, then open a Terminal Window at the place where you have put extracted files, it should be Desktop. Type the following commands in the Terminal:
chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh
./install-superboot-mac.sh

C) Linux Only: If you are having Linux as your OS, then open a Terminal where the extracted files exist and type in the following commands:
chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh
./install-superboot-linux.sh

Step 6: It will take a few seconds to root youe HTC One V. When it’s done, disconnect your phone from the Windows, Mac, or Linux.

And That's All, you now have a rooted HTC One V.
ENJOY!!
special thanks to paulobrien for the superboot image ;)

Attachments

• r1-primo-superboot.rar
    5 MB · Views: 29,423
Last edited:

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
soo i found ckpv5's guide to root htc one v more complex and difficult for a newcomer to android ..( it did to me ) soo i am writng another one in my way as i being a noob wld understand

My guide is a little bit like that because I respect the original creator paulobrien and the original r1-primo-superboot.zip is linked to his download site and proper credit stated on the thread.

rjkitch

May 29, 2012
Thanks

This is my first root on the htc one V, I seamed to be having allot of troubles until I stumbled over this post. Thanks again This is a must read for noob's.

rein013

Oct 21, 2012
< waiting for device >

ok i have successfully unlocked the bootloader on my HTC one v cdma VM and when i get to step 5 A. run the install-superboot-windows.bat file - on my computer win7 the CMD says C:\Users\GOD\Desktop\cbs>fastboot-windows.exe boot boot.superboot.img
< waiting for device >

on my HTC one v it says :

**** UNLOCKED ****
PRIMOC PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.53.0000
RADIO-1.00.00.0521_2
eMMC-boot
May 14 2012,20:27:38

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
HBOOT USB
IMAGE CRC
SHOW BARCODE

and that's all my andorid phone says , and so i'm stuck .

the cmd on win7 just says stuck at < waiting for device > PLEASE ADVISE .

thank you .

and yes the phone is connected to the pc via the usb connection .

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

:confused:
ok i have successfully unlocked the bootloader on my HTC one v cdma VM and when i get to step 5 A. run the install-superboot-windows.bat file - on my computer win7 the CMD says C:\Users\GOD\Desktop\cbs>fastboot-windows.exe boot boot.superboot.img
< waiting for device >

on my HTC one v it says :

**** UNLOCKED ****
PRIMOC PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.53.0000
RADIO-1.00.00.0521_2
eMMC-boot
May 14 2012,20:27:38

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
HBOOT USB
IMAGE CRC
SHOW BARCODE

and that's all my andorid phone says , and so i'm stuck .

the cmd on win7 just says stuck at < waiting for device > PLEASE ADVISE .

thank you .

and yes the phone is connected to the pc via the usb connection .

ok WAIT i pressed the power button to restart my phone and the CMD proceeded and my one v updated - said something about this build is designed for HTC only do not distribute and then i had to hard reset my phone because it stayed stuck at that screen then my phone restarted normally .

i ran root checker basic but it says that my phone is not rooted , i also ran terminal and it is showing a $ rather than a # sign and if i did my homework correctly i should see # if my phone is properly rooted ?

i also tried typing SU and i get an error under terminal - sh: SU: not found .

please advise . :confused:

thank you . :confused:

rein013

Oct 21, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: sam@xda29

bahubali67

Apr 4, 2012
Belgaum
I am unable to boot in bootloader mode..I switched off my device then started it by pressing volume down key but nothing happened ...wat to do. Plz help.

from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

paarthdesai

Jun 2, 2012
mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S21+
u have adb+fastboot?

then direct ur cmd to where fastboot is
type adb reboot bootloader

and manually it should work.. switch of phone then try Turning it on by pressing volume down+power

Sent from my One V

bahubali67

Apr 4, 2012
Belgaum
Sorry I didn't get u...

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

u have adb+fastboot?

and manually it should work.. switch of phone then try Turning it on by pressing volume down+power

Sent from my One V

What is that adb+fastboot???what should I do???

Reactions: M@GM@

Marfo3000

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks a ton, i just got the one v and a friend told me i should root it, your guide really helped thanks again! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2ylsaa8.png

So guysu just got a new HTC One V which is running on the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich version and so if you want you can root it using the following Step-By-Step Article. Rooting allows you to expand the functionality of your phone and lets you do more things on your phone than before. like custom roms ,kernel ( which increases performance and battery both..),or u could just do it to install your wanted or fav root app from the play store
    following things

You Must Know:

* *As long as your phone is rooted will warranty will be void.
    * *Proceed at your own risk and ensure you backup your device before hand so that anything happen you won't have a new paperweight. Because i dont take any responsibility for any loss of data or if u brick ur device..
    soo-
    You're Going To Need:

* *A HTC One V
    * *USB Cable (Same one that came with the phone)
    * *Make sure your HTC One V have at least 50% of battery life.
    * *Windows PC, Mac OS, or Linux (only need one)
    * *You are going need your HTC One V’s bootloader unlocked. (You can do that with the link below You're Going To Need: (Read Article Before Downloading)
    http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter

* *Superboot Image

* *HTC One V bootloader unlockedStep-By-Step Instructions:
    Step 1: Unzip files from the Superboot rar file and put them on your Desktop for easy access. :p

Step 2: Turn OFF your HTC One V.

Step 3: Boot up your HTC One V into the bootloader mode. To do that, press and hold Volume DOWN key --> then press the Power Key.

Step 4: When you have entered the bootloader mode, connect your HTC One V to your PC using the USB cable. (Same one that came with it)

Step 5: select all other supported models (complete bootloader unlocking from the site listed above
    once done come back here again ;)
    soo now i hope ur done with bootloader unlock process ..proceed below
    A) Windows Only: If you are using a Windows PC, run the install-superboot-windows.bat file by double-clicking on it.

B) Mac OS Only: If you are running Mac OS, then open a Terminal Window at the place where you have put extracted files, it should be Desktop. Type the following commands in the Terminal:
    chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh
    ./install-superboot-mac.sh

C) Linux Only: If you are having Linux as your OS, then open a Terminal where the extracted files exist and type in the following commands:
    chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh
    ./install-superboot-linux.sh

Step 6: It will take a few seconds to root youe HTC One V. When it’s done, disconnect your phone from the Windows, Mac, or Linux.

And That's All, you now have a rooted HTC One V.
    ENJOY!!
    special thanks to paulobrien for the superboot image ;)

My guide is a little bit like that because I respect the original creator paulobrien and the original r1-primo-superboot.zip is linked to his download site and proper credit stated on the thread.
    u need to run that. bat file in hboot
    then it will reboot properly.. and this is for gsm mate.. i think rooting cdma requires a different file

here- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24836570
    Sent from my One V
    yikes !

u need to run that. bat file in hboot
    then it will reboot properly.. and this is for gsm mate.. i think rooting cdma requires a different file

here- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24836570
    Sent from my One V

lucky i didn't brick my phone . yeah cdma must require a different file .i figured out the hboot , but it didn't root my phone . thanks for the quick reply .
    cheers !
    Sorry I didn't get u...

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

u have adb+fastboot?

Sent from my One V

What is that adb+fastboot???what should I do???