[ROM][Sense 3.6]V2.5-The Second Sun[Oct 19/12]

Search This thread

ZaySk

Dec 26, 2011
Whitehorse, Yukon.
secondsun2.jpg

Told you guys I would be back ;) This is just the beginning for me!

So I've made an optimized build of Sense 3.6 for you guys, and since I'm also a major space nerd, I've decided this ROM will be named after various interstellar objects for the different builds, along with facts about the chosen interstellar object.

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the scene in Star Wars with two setting suns. This will be a reality for us on Earth anytime within the next one million years, thanks to the star Betelgeuse. It's a Red Supergiant star located approximately 642.5 light years away from the Solar System, and it's due to go Supernova within the next million years. It could happen in our lifetime, or not. But when it does happen, the explosion will be so violent and powerful it will look like a second sun has appeared in the sky for a period of approximately two weeks. It may or may not outshine our Sun but it will be exceptionally bright. This would be a monumental moment of history to observe! Nights on Earth would be just as bright as the daytime thanks to the exploding star. Even though the explosion will light up the night, 99% of the energy exposed to us and the Earth is released in neutrinos that will pass through our bodies and through the Earth with absolutely no harm done whatsoever. This star is so big, if it were at the center of our solar system, it would engulf all of the inner planets, along with the Asteroid belt.

So you want to know what's so good about this particular ROM when there's already ARHD and We Want Ics? Well here you go-

Main Features -
- Based on latest 4.14.405.2 RUU
- Memory tweaks for optimal performance
- Exceptionally smooth performance even with stock HTC kernel at 1GHz
- EXT4 File system for increased performance
- Updates as often as needed for ROM stability and by user request
- Useful pre-installed apps such as - ESFileExplorer, SuperSU, No-Frills CPU control, itandy's Sense Lockscreen Shortcut Provider(Please follow instructions in thread on how to use app properly), Auto-Rotate toggle app activated by holding Search button. HTC Notes has also been added.
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Almost Project Butter tweaks for increased reponsiveness and smoothness
- Camera quality tweaks
- Build.prop tweaks for increased performance
- AROMA installer for a nice installation
- Support for BlackRose and Revolutionary HBOOT
- More and more mods coming each day, thanks to the great users! All mods are in 2nd post.
- Init.d and busybox support
- Customized, but still a stock Sense 3.6 ROM, it's just been optimized :)

Code:
[B]Changelog- V2.5: The Second Sun
-Rebased on latest RUU 4.14.405.2
-Aroma updated/refinements
-Memory tweaks/refinements
-Updated apps
-More bloat gone [/B]

Changelog- V2.0: The Second Sun
- Added support for AROMA installer
- Deleted CarrierIQ related files
- Added SuperSU.apk, and itandy's Sense Lockscreen Shortcut provider.apk
- Fixed wallpaper bug
- Added support for Chinese/Traditional/Simplified
- Added support for Arabic and US English
- Added in HTC Evernote app/widget
- Fixed init.d 
- Removed lines in updater script that wiped ROM with installation (Allows for installation without losing data)

Changelog- V1.5: SuperMassive_BlackHole
- Rebased on EXT4 file system for increased performance. 
- Added auto-rotate.apk(hold search to activate)
- Search key back to default
- Updated .apk's in /data/app/ to latest versions.
- Added support for Revolutionary H-BOOT
- Slimmed down /system partition
- Added Australian English 
- Deleted useless system files/bloatware
- My favourite ringtone makes a comeback! FrostedNotification by JohnBlundon is now the default notification tone.

Changelog- V1.0: SuperMassive_BlackHole
- Updates as often as needed for ROM stability
- Exceptionally smooth performance on even stock HTC kernel at 1GHz (Recommend using XS-ICS 2.2 though)
- Custom bootanimation functionality
- Rooted and de-odexed
- Enabled GPU ui rendering
- "Almost Project Butter" tweaks for increased responsiveness and smoothness
- Various build.prop tweaks to optimize ROM
- Camera quality adjustment tweaks
- Search button mapped to "Recent Apps" by default
- Disabled kernel error checking for increased performance
- Busybox support
- Init.d scripts support
- Auto zipalign on boot
- /data/app for easy uninstallation of unwanted apps
- Added No-Frills CPU Control.apk, and ES File Explorer.apk.

Where's this ROM going in the future? There won't be much updates after this, except for updating to a new base RUU or for bug fixes/new features. I'm going to be focusing on my upcoming CM9 here pretty soon. Sometime in the future, I may also be porting Blackout tweaks to this ROM, so you would have a choice between blackout or leedroid tweaks.

If there are any themer's out there that would like to give me a hand I would really appreciate it. I wanted to theme Sense to have more black and red highlights.. not overpowering but enough to make it feel "darker". I tried theme-ing Sense myself, and my efforts looked about equal to a Grade 2's paint project. :highfive: My mind operates on a logical basis, not a creative basis so I prefer sticking to coding and not touching image files..

Installation instructions - Blackrose HBOOT 2.02 recommended. NOTE - Support for Revolutionary HBOOT has been added.
NOTE- If your coming from a previous version of my ROM, you should be able to flash this over top and retain your data.
- Reboot into recovery
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe all partitions (Excluding SD card)
- Flash "V2.0-The_Second_Sun.zip"
- Reboot and enjoy! (Be patient, first boot will take a while)

Installation instructions for Blackrose PG32IMG.zip
- Place on root of your sdcard
- Reboot into bootloader and it should be found automatically
- Apply the update

Installation instructions for XS-ICS 2.2
- Flash the ROM
- Reboot and let the ROM settle for a few minutes
- Reboot into recovery and flash kernel
Using those steps, you should avoid the wifi error. If not just push bcm4329.ko(found in kernel package) into /system/lib/modules.

I recommend using the following frequencies if your using a kernel that supports OC -
1.402GHz Max
368MHz Min
SmartAssV2 governor
noop scheduler

I get amazing battery life even though my settings are very performance biased.

V2.5 is live! :highfive: Mods are still compatible with the new version, and I would recommend a full wipe before installation, but you don't have to if you want to keep your data. If you find a bug, make sure to let me know whether you wiped with installation or not, as the new base may cause problems without a wipe.

Download link - V2.5-The_Second_Sun

Download link - V2.0-The_Second_Sun

BlackRose HBOOT 2.02 S-OFF PG32IMG.zip can be found here

Alternate Kernels
XS-ICS 2.2 download link - Download here
Redux Kernel 0.6 download link - Download here

If you like my ROM please thank this post!

Credits-

-flak0 for his "Almost project butter" tweaks http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1855722

-JohnBlundon for his FrostedNotification tone!

-Mike1986 for helping me with the languages

-Nikhil007mmus for porting Leedroid tweaks

-m0narx for creating Leedroid tweaks

-itandy for his Sense Lockscreen Shortcut Provider app!

-linezero for making my ROM headers!

-lostpr0phet for his XS-ICS kernel

-Nonverbose for his Redux kernel

-All users that helped me when I needed it!:good:

Attachments

• 2012-09-18_22-16-02.jpg
    2012-09-18_22-16-02.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 2,417
  • 2012-09-18_22-16-10.jpg
    2012-09-18_22-16-10.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,389
  • 2012-10-19_20-46-06.jpg
    2012-10-19_20-46-06.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,180
Last edited:

ZaySk

Dec 26, 2011
Whitehorse, Yukon.
All mods should work on any version of my ROM.

Mods- Leedroid Tweaks for The Second Sun. Thanks to nikhil007mmus and m0narx!
Download here and flash in recovery.

Mods- The Second Sun custom boot animation. Thanks to nniicckkss
Click here for screenshots and download.

Mods- Battery percentage. Thanks to superfasty!
Click here for screenshots and downloads.

Mods- Lockscreen and rosie mods. Thanks to spongychicken!

Mods- Lockscreen mod. Thanks to spongychicken!
attachment.php

Mods- AOSP UI theme. Thanks to NicOsol!
Download from this thread.

Mods- Advanced Power Menu/Volume key wake up.

Sigpic - Thanks to linezero!
Direct link
sig2secondsun.jpg

Direct link
qp9Vz.jpg

Sigpic - Thanks to Fallen!
Direct link
2r6fcxj.png

Last edited:

ZaySk

Dec 26, 2011
Whitehorse, Yukon.
Previous Versions and Facts

Download Link - V1.5-SuperMassive_BlackHole
Download Link - V1.0-SuperMassive_BlackHole

Supermassive black holes reside in the heart of most, if not all galaxies in the Universe. We have our very own supermassive black hole in the Milky way, called Sagittarius A*. Supermassive black holes have a mass ranging anywhere from hundreds of thousands, to billions of Solar Masses. Every black hole in the galaxy has what's called an "Event Horizon" which is the point of no-return for every black hole. Even light, the fastest moving energy(particles? not sure) can't escape the Event Horizon of a black hole. If a person were to go into an Event Horizon, the tidal forces would be so powerful that one would be "Spaghettified" and stretched into a long, thin band of human matter. Let's assume this astronaut went in head first, feet behind him. The "spaghettification" happens due to the massive difference in gravitational pull his head would feel compared to his feet, the black hole's central singularity has such a strong gravitational pull that it pulls, stretches, and elongates any matter falling in.

Oddly enough, the tidal forces at a Supermassive black hole's event horizon would not be as powerful as a regular interstellar black hole. This is because as a black hole grows in mass, it loses density and becomes bigger, and the Event Horizon would be significantly further away from the central singularity (which is what generates the gravitational pull) as a result. If one were to go into the Event Horizon of a supermassive black hole, you might live long enough to get a glance inside of the black hole's Event Horizon and see something nothing like you've ever seen before. The possibilities of what one might see are unknown, as obviously nothing can go inside the Event Horizon and live to tell the tale (Or in the case of an automated satellite, all forms of communication would be pulled back into the black hole and never escape.)

Last edited:

linezero

Sep 3, 2010
Male'
I'll switch to this rom when volume wake and apm is added :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

ZaySk

Dec 26, 2011
Whitehorse, Yukon.
I'll switch to this rom when volume wake and apm is added :)

Speaking of which, anyone know how this is done? I know you need to mod android.policy and framework-res.apk, I'm just not sure which particular file needs to be changed.

Edit: Wait a minute, wtf! Why does the GB style recent apps pop up instead of the new ICS style? I've NEVER seen this happen on a Sense 3.6 ROM before.

Last edited:

vizzy

Jan 5, 2012
ZaySK you have a voicemail. You should check it may important lol.

I was looking for a sense 3 Rom! ......I'm assuming there's no major issues etc ?

CWM and revolution hboot work? I don't want to have to change.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

ZaySk

Dec 26, 2011
Whitehorse, Yukon.
ZaySK you have a voicemail. You should check it may important lol.

I was looking for a sense 3 Rom! ......I'm assuming there's no major issues etc ?

CWM and revolution hboot work? I don't want to have to change.

Haha I hate that damn icon, I'm always to lazy to check it :p No major issues. Found one quirk, search key brings up GB recent apps instead of ICS recent apps. Found a fix for it and will incorporate it into the next release tomorrow or the day after.

I'm not sure to be honest. I use 4ext touch and blackrose hboot. If you do try it, let me know if it works and I'll update the main post. Just be sure to back up first :)

ZaySk

Dec 26, 2011
Whitehorse, Yukon.
Congrats on the new Rom :) proud !! \m/

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Thanks :) You wouldn't happen to know how to switch the recent apps dialog shortcut from showing GB to ICS would you? I've been staring at this motherf**king 16500 lines of smali since I first discovered that bug. I'm done with smali for tonight, I'm going insane. Pisses me off, it all looks the damn same and it's so hard to figure out which lines control the recent apps "style".

Anyone know?

sharawy1

Mar 1, 2008
Cairo
Thanks :) You wouldn't happen to know how to switch the recent apps dialog shortcut from showing GB to ICS would you? I've been staring at this motherf**king 16500 lines of smali since I first discovered that bug. I'm done with smali for tonight, I'm going insane. Pisses me off, it all looks the damn same and it's so hard to figure out which lines control the recent apps "style".

Anyone know?

You remaped search key so just edit the following line in /system/usr/keylayout/atmel-touchscreen.kl:
key 217 (whatever) to:
key 217 SEARCH

Repeat the procedure in elan-touchscreen.kl, generic.kl, qwerty.kl & vivo-keypad.kl

Last edited:

ZaySk

Dec 26, 2011
Whitehorse, Yukon.
You remaped search key so just edit the following line in /system/usr/keylayout/atmel-touchscreen.kl:
key 217 (whatever) to:
key 217 SEARCH

Repeat the procedure in elan-touchscreen.kl, generic.kl & qwerty.kl

I know how to change it back to search functionality, I just want to know how to stop the GB recent apps from popping up instead of the ICS recent apps. (Which is significantly better)

sharawy1

Mar 1, 2008
Cairo
I know how to change it back to search functionality, I just want to know how to stop the GB recent apps from popping up instead of the ICS recent apps. (Which is significantly better)

Sorry didn't get you ... Just decompile systemui.apk/res/layout-port/ then edit the 2 .xml files or just replace from original ruu if you can't edit ... Recompile and voila

linezero

Sep 3, 2010
Male'
Was trying to make APM and vol wake...was my first try so didn't knw where to put the stuff on globalactions.smali lol xD

Reactions: ZaySk

WILLI120

Jun 15, 2012
Stuttgart
Cool ROM man! Finally some new Sense stuff:) Great work;) Would love to provide real banner and stuff but I'm pretty busy with school and stuff, so sry for that;)

Reactions: ZaySk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    secondsun2.jpg

Told you guys I would be back ;) This is just the beginning for me!

So I've made an optimized build of Sense 3.6 for you guys, and since I'm also a major space nerd, I've decided this ROM will be named after various interstellar objects for the different builds, along with facts about the chosen interstellar object.

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the scene in Star Wars with two setting suns. This will be a reality for us on Earth anytime within the next one million years, thanks to the star Betelgeuse. It's a Red Supergiant star located approximately 642.5 light years away from the Solar System, and it's due to go Supernova within the next million years. It could happen in our lifetime, or not. But when it does happen, the explosion will be so violent and powerful it will look like a second sun has appeared in the sky for a period of approximately two weeks. It may or may not outshine our Sun but it will be exceptionally bright. This would be a monumental moment of history to observe! Nights on Earth would be just as bright as the daytime thanks to the exploding star. Even though the explosion will light up the night, 99% of the energy exposed to us and the Earth is released in neutrinos that will pass through our bodies and through the Earth with absolutely no harm done whatsoever. This star is so big, if it were at the center of our solar system, it would engulf all of the inner planets, along with the Asteroid belt.

So you want to know what's so good about this particular ROM when there's already ARHD and We Want Ics? Well here you go-

Main Features -
    - Based on latest 4.14.405.2 RUU
    - Memory tweaks for optimal performance
    - Exceptionally smooth performance even with stock HTC kernel at 1GHz
    - EXT4 File system for increased performance
    - Updates as often as needed for ROM stability and by user request
    - Useful pre-installed apps such as - ESFileExplorer, SuperSU, No-Frills CPU control, itandy's Sense Lockscreen Shortcut Provider(Please follow instructions in thread on how to use app properly), Auto-Rotate toggle app activated by holding Search button. HTC Notes has also been added.
    - Enabled GPU UI rendering
    - Almost Project Butter tweaks for increased reponsiveness and smoothness
    - Camera quality tweaks
    - Build.prop tweaks for increased performance
    - AROMA installer for a nice installation
    - Support for BlackRose and Revolutionary HBOOT
    - More and more mods coming each day, thanks to the great users! All mods are in 2nd post.
    - Init.d and busybox support
    - Customized, but still a stock Sense 3.6 ROM, it's just been optimized :)

Code:
    [B]Changelog- V2.5: The Second Sun
    -Rebased on latest RUU 4.14.405.2
    -Aroma updated/refinements
    -Memory tweaks/refinements
    -Updated apps
    -More bloat gone [/B]

Changelog- V2.0: The Second Sun
    - Added support for AROMA installer
    - Deleted CarrierIQ related files
    - Added SuperSU.apk, and itandy's Sense Lockscreen Shortcut provider.apk
    - Fixed wallpaper bug
    - Added support for Chinese/Traditional/Simplified
    - Added support for Arabic and US English
    - Added in HTC Evernote app/widget
    - Fixed init.d 
    - Removed lines in updater script that wiped ROM with installation (Allows for installation without losing data)

Changelog- V1.5: SuperMassive_BlackHole
    - Rebased on EXT4 file system for increased performance. 
    - Added auto-rotate.apk(hold search to activate)
    - Search key back to default
    - Updated .apk's in /data/app/ to latest versions.
    - Added support for Revolutionary H-BOOT
    - Slimmed down /system partition
    - Added Australian English 
    - Deleted useless system files/bloatware
    - My favourite ringtone makes a comeback! FrostedNotification by JohnBlundon is now the default notification tone.

Changelog- V1.0: SuperMassive_BlackHole
    - Updates as often as needed for ROM stability
    - Exceptionally smooth performance on even stock HTC kernel at 1GHz (Recommend using XS-ICS 2.2 though)
    - Custom bootanimation functionality
    - Rooted and de-odexed
    - Enabled GPU ui rendering
    - "Almost Project Butter" tweaks for increased responsiveness and smoothness
    - Various build.prop tweaks to optimize ROM
    - Camera quality adjustment tweaks
    - Search button mapped to "Recent Apps" by default
    - Disabled kernel error checking for increased performance
    - Busybox support
    - Init.d scripts support
    - Auto zipalign on boot
    - /data/app for easy uninstallation of unwanted apps
    - Added No-Frills CPU Control.apk, and ES File Explorer.apk.

Where's this ROM going in the future? There won't be much updates after this, except for updating to a new base RUU or for bug fixes/new features. I'm going to be focusing on my upcoming CM9 here pretty soon. Sometime in the future, I may also be porting Blackout tweaks to this ROM, so you would have a choice between blackout or leedroid tweaks.

If there are any themer's out there that would like to give me a hand I would really appreciate it. I wanted to theme Sense to have more black and red highlights.. not overpowering but enough to make it feel "darker". I tried theme-ing Sense myself, and my efforts looked about equal to a Grade 2's paint project. :highfive: My mind operates on a logical basis, not a creative basis so I prefer sticking to coding and not touching image files..

Installation instructions - Blackrose HBOOT 2.02 recommended. NOTE - Support for Revolutionary HBOOT has been added.
    NOTE- If your coming from a previous version of my ROM, you should be able to flash this over top and retain your data.
    - Reboot into recovery
    - Wipe data/factory reset
    - Wipe all partitions (Excluding SD card)
    - Flash "V2.0-The_Second_Sun.zip"
    - Reboot and enjoy! (Be patient, first boot will take a while)

Installation instructions for Blackrose PG32IMG.zip
    - Place on root of your sdcard
    - Reboot into bootloader and it should be found automatically
    - Apply the update

Installation instructions for XS-ICS 2.2
    - Flash the ROM
    - Reboot and let the ROM settle for a few minutes
    - Reboot into recovery and flash kernel
    Using those steps, you should avoid the wifi error. If not just push bcm4329.ko(found in kernel package) into /system/lib/modules.

I recommend using the following frequencies if your using a kernel that supports OC -
    1.402GHz Max
    368MHz Min
    SmartAssV2 governor
    noop scheduler

I get amazing battery life even though my settings are very performance biased.

V2.5 is live! :highfive: Mods are still compatible with the new version, and I would recommend a full wipe before installation, but you don't have to if you want to keep your data. If you find a bug, make sure to let me know whether you wiped with installation or not, as the new base may cause problems without a wipe.

Download link - V2.5-The_Second_Sun

Download link - V2.0-The_Second_Sun

BlackRose HBOOT 2.02 S-OFF PG32IMG.zip can be found here

Alternate Kernels
    XS-ICS 2.2 download link - Download here
    Redux Kernel 0.6 download link - Download here

If you like my ROM please thank this post!

Credits-

-flak0 for his "Almost project butter" tweaks http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1855722

-JohnBlundon for his FrostedNotification tone!

-Mike1986 for helping me with the languages

-Nikhil007mmus for porting Leedroid tweaks

-m0narx for creating Leedroid tweaks

-itandy for his Sense Lockscreen Shortcut Provider app!

-linezero for making my ROM headers!

-lostpr0phet for his XS-ICS kernel

-Nonverbose for his Redux kernel

-All users that helped me when I needed it!:good:
    All mods should work on any version of my ROM.

Mods- Leedroid Tweaks for The Second Sun. Thanks to nikhil007mmus and m0narx!

Mods- The Second Sun custom boot animation. Thanks to nniicckkss
    Click here for screenshots and download.

Mods- Battery percentage. Thanks to superfasty!

Mods- Lockscreen and rosie mods. Thanks to spongychicken!

Mods- Lockscreen mod. Thanks to spongychicken!
    attachment.php

Mods- AOSP UI theme. Thanks to NicOsol!
    Download from this thread.

Mods- Advanced Power Menu/Volume key wake up.

Sigpic - Thanks to linezero!
    Direct link
    sig2secondsun.jpg

Direct link
    qp9Vz.jpg

Sigpic - Thanks to Fallen!
    Direct link
    2r6fcxj.png
    Here's some Percent Battery mods :)

Haven't tested the blue vertical one but it should work.
    V2.0 is live! I'll be working on the no-sense script for this ROM next. Don't expect it anytime soon, it's gonna take a lot of work to create it from scratch. I have a good idea on how to start though so it will be done eventually!