Factory Installed Screen Protector?

Search This thread

Udonitron

Apr 15, 2010
Victoria
So I just took off the peel off protector on my phone and immediately noticed a scratch about 1/4" long on the center of the screen. I was pretty pi55ed since it had to be a factory born issue. So I was about to put a new screen protector on it that I have for my iPhone but I all of a sudden noticed what looks to be a pre-installed factory set screen protector on the screen? :D If you look near the glass edge, you will see a lip or edge where there seems to be a film placed on the phone. Correct me if incorrect but it cannot be a permanent film as it would not be recessed from the glass screen's edge if it was. So that scratch is nothing but the films surface and not the glass itself then, I hope! :mad:

AFK_Matrix

Jul 24, 2006
There is a thread or threads already on here regarding the pre applied screen protector on the phone. Yes you can peel this off and yes there is a pre applied protector on it. Some say taking it off increases the response of the screen.

Udonitron

Apr 15, 2010
Victoria
Well sheit, sorry for the additional noob post then lol. Good to know as every other company I have used never puts one on..bonus for Sony. I will leave it as the screen on mine is way too sensitive already!