Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mbobino

Apr 15, 2010
Oklahoma
bobserv3000.com
Introduction:

This project is temporarily on hold due to financial hardships. I plan to be back very soon.

Since we have HoneyComb for the Flyer already, I wanted to start a thread to try and get HC ported to the View for us Sprint junkies. I'd like to gather information, not only for porting HC, but for the View as a whole. I've done a ton of searching and still haven't found hardly any info for it.

Questions:

These are the random questions I have for now:

-Does the View run the same hardware as the Flyer?
-What all hardware is in the View?
-What are the odds of successfully flashing the Flyers Radio.img/hboot.img to the View
-Others that I haven't thought of, or don't have the time to write out at the moment.

I'd greatly appreciate all the support I can get on this. I'm not familiar with the View or Flyer at all. I come from Evo 4G and Evo 3D development and would really like to get into the View as well.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Last edited:

hasseye

Jun 15, 2008
Can't contribute much right now, but like the train of thought. I can't imagine hardware wise anything other than the radio is different.

mbobino

Apr 15, 2010
Oklahoma
bobserv3000.com
I'd like to know what the flyers partitions look like. If someone could run adb shell df - h and paste the output here that would help immensely.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

sdge

Apr 18, 2007
I'd like to know what the flyers partitions look like. If someone could run adb shell df - h and paste the output here that would help immensely.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Wow, I'm very glad someone has come up and decided to do this.

1. I feel like it might be a bit of a waste considering HC is SUPPOSED to be officially released in the future. So it would suck if you did all this hard work to make the port and then like 2 weeks later we get the official version to work with.

2. I will run that command when I get home in like an hour and show you the output.

I wouldn't mind helping you in someway, if I can. I'm familiar with linux command line and such ie. i know what df -h does and what it means and all that stuff, BUT I've never played around with making ROMs or anything like that.

Any help I can give, I'm down to do. Good luck.

edit: I see you are looking for the FLYER'S parition table, not the view's.... my bad.

Last edited:

mbobino

Apr 15, 2010
Oklahoma
bobserv3000.com
I feel like a complete douche in doing this but I have to put this project on hold. I've recently come into some financial trouble and had to sell my View for some extra cash. I do have plans to continue this project once I can manage to afford another View. As for the possibility of HTC releasing HC for it before I can get it going, oh well, thats the risk we take when we develop lol.

Fixter

Jun 6, 2009
Durham
Apart from the 4G and CMDA capabilities, the flyer and the evo view 4G are one and the same tablet.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
Apart from the 4G and CMDA capabilities, the flyer and the evo view 4G are one and the same tablet.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

Yeah, only the radios and the color are different. I suppose if you could take the official HC build for the Flyer and somehow merged the WiMax and CDMA code into that build it may work, but I'm not well versed on how to go about doing that. I see builds on the Evo 3D that are Sense 3.5 but they don't have working 4G for whatever reason.
On the OG Evo they made 4G work on CM7 by building code from the ground up to work with the hardware, but it hasn't moved over to 3D yet and there is no official build from CM for the 3D. Maybe that code could be ported? Of course it would probably have to be an AOSP build which I've not seen yet for either the View or Flyer.

theorie

Jul 3, 2008
New York
I sold my Flyer Wifi and picked up an Evo View 4G so hopefully this gets sorted out. Would really like to get Honeycomb on the View. I really enjoyed it on the Flyer!

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
Yeah, only the radios and the color are different. I suppose if you could take the official HC build for the Flyer and somehow merged the WiMax and CDMA code into that build it may work, but I'm not well versed on how to go about doing that. I see builds on the Evo 3D that are Sense 3.5 but they don't have working 4G for whatever reason.
On the OG Evo they made 4G work on CM7 by building code from the ground up to work with the hardware, but it hasn't moved over to 3D yet and there is no official build from CM for the 3D. Maybe that code could be ported? Of course it would probably have to be an AOSP build which I've not seen yet for either the View or Flyer.

Actually there are more differences that that, although that is where they all stem from for sure.

We don't even have source for the Flyer HC release yet, so the work needed would be even worse. It's really not worth looking at until we have source and by that time given the traditional HTC lag in releasing it we'll have HC on the view already.

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
Actually there are more differences that that, although that is where they all stem from for sure.

We don't even have source for the Flyer HC release yet, so the work needed would be even worse. It's really not worth looking at until we have source and by that time given the traditional HTC lag in releasing it we'll have HC on the view already.

Agreed

In theory...

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011

I was reading about here for the possibility of an AOSP build, if there is one done, it's likely we would loose pen input functionality on Flyers and Views since it seems to be based on sense.

focbuster78

Dec 5, 2008
Boston

Well the source code has been released for the Flyer on honeycomb, man I can't wait for development to get underway to bring it over the the view!

nativ73

Jun 27, 2010
Yeah that was quick, I'm sure it's no coincidence it was right before Christmas. I'll miss the hardware keys but its for my daughter anyways, don't think she'll mind :p

vancraft

May 24, 2008
Honeycomb for EVO View is now available!!

Yeah that was quick, I'm sure it's no coincidence it was right before Christmas. I'll miss the hardware keys but its for my daughter anyways, don't think she'll mind :p
Honeycomb for EVO View is now available. While its a huge change and many more features are available, I'm skiddish about loosing some apps which won't work in 3.2.

Please post your reviews of the new system. Many of us would love to read about your experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction:

This project is temporarily on hold due to financial hardships. I plan to be back very soon.

Since we have HoneyComb for the Flyer already, I wanted to start a thread to try and get HC ported to the View for us Sprint junkies. I'd like to gather information, not only for porting HC, but for the View as a whole. I've done a ton of searching and still haven't found hardly any info for it.

Questions:

These are the random questions I have for now:

-Does the View run the same hardware as the Flyer?
    -What all hardware is in the View?
    -What are the odds of successfully flashing the Flyers Radio.img/hboot.img to the View
    -Others that I haven't thought of, or don't have the time to write out at the moment.

I'd greatly appreciate all the support I can get on this. I'm not familiar with the View or Flyer at all. I come from Evo 4G and Evo 3D development and would really like to get into the View as well.

Thanks in advance everyone.