64gb sd support?

Search This thread

DarkKrypt

May 9, 2012
Melbourne
What about recording in 1080?
Will the mb/s be affected when recording and saving the file or that doesn't matter?
And, will the videos kbps quality be reduced?
Also once youve recorded in 1080 for xx amount of time and you have a file thats over 4gb, will the fat32 be able to transfer that file onto a pc?

Thanks everyone, another user from esato.com - im still there :)
Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

xiFIL

Jul 11, 2012
Hello,

I saw this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1909697 and http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/12/14/xperia-play-supports-64gb-microsd-memory-cards/

and I wonder if the Z will support 64gb sd cards. Overall it looks like a great phone but with only 16gb internal, I would never even consider it without 64gb support. Thoughts?

BTW, I searched all the forums and it doesn't look like its been talked about much.
I can now confirm the xperia Z is working with a 64GB micro SD card. I work at vodafone HQ in London, we have the final version of the device and we are currently testing the device with our network and apps ect. My boss was demonstrating the device to interns and other technical officals, and when i went on his demo device, i seen that he had a 64GB class 10 HDHC micro sd card. I think its due to the way the card is formatted, i think he formatted using exFAT, and NOT fat32, i am yet to confirm this but this is amazing news :D!!

Reactions: roobeyn

chesterr

Nov 27, 2010
Galle
I can now confirm the xperia Z is working with a 64GB micro SD card. I work at vodafone HQ in London, we have the final version of the device and we are currently testing the device with our network and apps ect. My boss was demonstrating the device to interns and other technical officals, and when i went on his demo device, i seen that he had a 64GB class 10 HDHC micro sd card. I think its due to the way the card is formatted, i think he formatted using exFAT, and NOT fat32, i am yet to confirm this but this is amazing news :D!!

so you're telling that it was formatted to exFAT??? awesome, so we can now peacefully buy 64GB class 10 micro sd card.

AayushDhuria

Oct 1, 2011

xiFIL

Jul 11, 2012
exFAT didn't work for me... Perhaps that Z is running newer firmware, mine is dated January 4th.
Try updating to the new firmware released yesterday. Also i will try and ask my boss how he got his to work! At least we know the xperia Z DEFO's works with 64GB, just need to try and get it to work!

xiFIL

Jul 11, 2012
Enchantments? Sounds magical :p

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium
Oh it is ;) the software was like buggy initially, like sometimes stutters when changing homescreens, but the OTA update has made it slick! Seriously 60+ FPS! Defo project butter in their somewhere, also now its using 560mb ram instead of 800mb ram :D!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Evidence that the Xperia Z supports 64GB microSD cards:

xperiaz64gbsupport.png

Mine is a Sandisk microSDXC 64GB card.

When I first inserted the card into the phone, it would say that the card is not supported and asked if I wanted to format the card. When I select the "OK" option, it formats the card and it's all ready to be used. :)
    It states as FAT32:

fat32g.jpg
    Yes, it supports 64GB micro SD cards so long as they are FAT32 formatted.

Do you know this for a fact? Has anybody actually tested this on any of the prerelease versions of the phone?

This would make me even more tempted to pre order it be for release. If you have any links to any test of this, it would be great:)
    Do you know this for a fact? Has anybody actually tested this on any of the prerelease versions of the phone?

This would make me even more tempted to pre order it be for release. If you have any links to any test of this, it would be great:)

I'm using a 64GB SanDisk MicroSDXC card in my ZL right now.
    Hello,

I saw this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1909697 and http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/12/14/xperia-play-supports-64gb-microsd-memory-cards/

and I wonder if the Z will support 64gb sd cards. Overall it looks like a great phone but with only 16gb internal, I would never even consider it without 64gb support. Thoughts?

BTW, I searched all the forums and it doesn't look like its been talked about much.