[Q] Help by rooting (illegal?)

Search This thread

Deltastylez

Aug 18, 2014
Hello again

I've got a note 3 neo since a couple of weeks. And I know that rooting gives you extra 'features' trough xposed etc.

But I've got a question. Since I couldn't find anything clear about this.

If I root my device on the original rom (4.3 JB) will that be illegal? (I know it trips the Knox counter to 0x1 and it will void your warranty) (but what kind of warranty. Hardware will not be in the warranty. So only software right?)

But what if I root. Will it be illegal? I live In the Netherlands (so in Europe)

Does anyone know, if this is illegal.

And what, if I root and I 'brick' my device. Is it just as easy as by Apple? Just restore your iPhone trough iTunes. Or is it more complicated?

Sorry for this many questions in one threat.

Hope some one can help.

Greetings :)

KSKHH

Dec 28, 2012
Hello again

I've got a note 3 neo since a couple of weeks. And I know that rooting gives you extra 'features' trough xposed etc.

If I root my device on the original rom (4.3 JB) will that be illegal? (I know it trips the Knox counter to 0x1 and it will void your warranty) (but what kind of warranty. Hardware will not be in the warranty. So only software right?)

But what if I root. Will it be illegal? I live In the Netherlands (so in Europe)

And what, if I root and I 'brick' my device. Is it just as easy as by Apple? Just restore your iPhone trough iTunes. Or is it more complicated?

Hope some one can help.

I feel iphone jailbreak is more complicated than android.

If rooting is illegal then the rooting method would have not available in XDA....Still you have to check country specific law.

Rooting give many privilege definitely...

Bricking your phone..depends on how much you are mature enough and know what you are doing with your phone.

My all android devices are rooted and so far no issues reported on hardware..

Samavb

Dec 9, 2010
Please don't root

Hello again
Hope some one can help.

Hi,
If you root it through chainfire method it will trip your knox to 0x1.
This you already know.
But once it is tripped and for any reason if you happen to have any problem with your phone for which you are left with no choice but to take it to Samsung Service Centre then they will refuse it/they can refuse it.
This is why many people hate Knox because it is a headache.
If they refuse to repair your device then you will be left with a brick in your hand.
This is a huge risk and you are at the mercy of Samsung service centre in your place.
I faced this problem before. But I am in India.
Since you are in Netherlands.
May be rules are different.
Either way you please check all the warranty details carefully before you attempt rooting.
Besides Note 3 Neo is excellent mobile phone you can get amazing battery life without rooting too. (9 to 10 hours screen on time in 2 and half days)
Only thing you will miss is "call recording" which need rooting for the perfect method.
You can get it through other apps but it wont be so good.
So please take your decision carefully.

Cheers!
Sam