[GUIDE] Step by Step ROOT Nexus S via ClockworkMod Recovery image (i9023 and i9020A)

Search This thread

kursk

Nov 15, 2007
Paris
Hi all,

i've recently bought a Nexus S which is a non-US/UK (GT-i9020) version having a SC-LCD screen (GT-i9023).
Which is not, sadly, the only difference...

MOD EDIT: This tutorial also applies to AT&T/Rogers/Telus variants of the Nexus S with SAMOLED screen (i9020A)

This tutorial is based on AllGamer's [GUIDE] Step by Step ROOT Nexus S via ClockworkMod Recovery image (i9020 only).

Part 1 - Drivers

1 - Download Android SDK
2 - Unzip & launch "SDK Manager.exe"
3 - Cancel the first popup & go to "Available packages" > "Third party Add-ons" > "Google Inc."
4 - Select "Google USB Driver package" & click "Install Selected"
5 - Once you're finished go to your SDK installation "extras\google\usb_driver" dir
6 - (MOD EDIT: Ignore this step for i9020A models) Open "android_winusb.inf" and add the following lines to both "[Google.NTx86]" and "[Google.NTamd64]" sections :
;
;Google Nexus S GT-i9023
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E20​
as described here [SOLVED] Google Android USB drivers - Nexus S SCLCD GT-i9023 not recognized
7 - Turn Off your SNS
8 - Make sure the SNS is connected to the PC via the USB cable
9 - Boot the SNS into the Bootloader Interface, by holding Volume UP & Power button

It reads LOCK STATE - LOCKED
Open Device Manager (or run devmgmt.msc) make sure you don't see this problem (windows failed to identify the SNS and install the correct drivers)

10 - Do a right click and select Update Driver Software
11 - Select Brose my computer for driver software
12 - Point it to your Android SDK installation "extras\google\usb_driver" dir
13 - Make sure to CLICK "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
14 - Then from the list 3 choices select Android Bootloader Interface
15 - If it's installed properly it should show up like this (reboot is not required)

NOTE: if you encounter problems like question marks, unknown drivers, or exclamation marks eve after you have installed the drivers, download and try the USBDeview 32/64 to remove and uninstall all the junk USB devices from your computer/registry

Part 2 - Unlock

1 - Open a command prompt go to run & type "CMD" & hit enter
2 - Switch to the directory where you unzipped the Android SDK & go to "tools"
3 - Type "fastboot oem unlock" & hit enter

Then you will get this
fastboot oem unlock
Selecting YES will wipe EVERYTHING from the SNS, so make sure you have backed up everything you needed to safe before you continue.

4 - Use the Volume up/down keys to select and Power key to apply

you should see something like this after it's done
... OKAY [435.433s]
finished. total time: 435.433s​
Now back on this screen you should read
LOCK STATE - UNLOCKED​

Part 3 - Recovery

1 - Download the ClockworkMod recovery image (for i9020A models, use this i9023 recovery image too!) 3024v3-i9023.img from [MOD][RECOVERY]Clockwork 3.0.2.4 New wipe & confirm menus!! i9023 & i9020 versions
2 - Save it to the Android SDK "tools" dir
3 - Open a command prompt go to run & type "CMD" & hit enter
4 - Switch to the directory where you unzipped the Android SDK & go to "tools"
5 - Then type "fastboot flash recovery 3024v3-i9023.img" & hit enter

You should get something like this, if not your image is corrupted, download it again
sending 'recovery' (3980 KB)... OKAY [ 0.621s]
writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 0.511s]
finished. total time: 1.132s​
6 - Then back on the SNS select Power Off (Reboot also works)

Part 4 - Root

1 - Power ON the SNS
2 - Download su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip from [APP] Superuser 2.3.6.1 - Now on the Market [2010-09-05]
3 - Save it to the Android SDK "platform-tools" dir
4 - Open a command prompt go to run & type "CMD" & hit enter
5 - Switch to the directory where you unzipped the Android SDK & go to "platform-tools"
6 - Type "adb push su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip /sdcard/su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip" & hit enter
7 - Boot the SNS into the Bootloader Interface, by holding Volume UP & Power button
8 - Select "Recovery
9 - Then it should boot into this screen, if not then repeat the steps to download the image
10 - Select "Install ZIP from sdcard" (power button to apply)
11 - Select "Choose ZIP from sdcard" (power button to apply)
12 - Select su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip (power button to apply)
13 - Select "Yes - su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip"

Should says
Install from sdcard complete​
15 - select go back
16 - select reboot

You're now free to install the ROM you want.

Have fun, take care !
Credits goes to AllGamer & afilopou

Last edited by a moderator:

DoomFragger

Jun 25, 2007
I was heading through this toturial and many others present in the SNS forum. There seems to be some confusion regarding rooting && flash custom roms.

Being rooted does not imply that we can flash new roms. For that we need custom recovery. In several phones, we could only had a custom recovery if the phone was rooted. In SNS, we just need an unlocked bootloader and a compatible recovery. No root is needed IMHO.

Also, in this guide, as in several others, there isn't said anywhere that the custom recovery will be reverted by the system as soon it finishes booting the stock rom. I think it should be clear that we need to remove/rename the script that does that.

Still... Thanks.

kursk

Nov 15, 2007
Paris
I was heading through this toturial and many others present in the SNS forum. There seems to be some confusion regarding rooting && flash custom roms.

Being rooted does not imply that we can flash new roms. For that we need custom recovery. In several phones, we could only had a custom recovery if the phone was rooted. In SNS, we just need an unlocked bootloader and a compatible recovery. No root is needed IMHO.

This tutorial is based on AllGamer's one concerning the GT-i9020.
Im very new to Android customisation, i've just followed some toturials i've found trying to make them works, so it may be inconsistent.

As far as i know, i got some problem using the RomManager application that was asking for superuser rights in order to install new rom. This application placed a superuser-xxx-signed.zip at the root of the sdcard, but install on my SNS SCLCD never worked.

Consider using the manual way, not the RomManager application, will be more straiforward.

May be all these steps are not mandatory, but in the end you'll be able to be able to nistall new rom.
Consider it as a global package for customisation.

Also, in this guide, as in several others, there isn't said anywhere that the custom recovery will be reverted by the system as soon it finishes booting the stock rom. I think it should be clear that we need to remove/rename the script that does that.

Still... Thanks.

Never noticed that. ClockworkMod recovery has ever stayed in place, even after rebooting the stock rom many times.

Cheers !

kursk

Nov 15, 2007
Paris
this is a very nice, but i'll suggest including the modifications instructions in this topic as well, instead of just linking it to the other topic

By the way AllGamer, i apologize for the non-agreed use of your tutorial, i was all in the thing at that time, just thinking about to end up with my cyanogen rom.

It works now, thanks to you. MIUI this evening :D

Reactions: Free Kurd

ugrubni

Jun 16, 2010
hi

i also have the 9023 and tried your guide. but im am stuck at #14 because it dont find the android bootloader interface entry, there are just three adb interface driver in this list. i also cleared the driver registry with usbdeview before.

adb driver is installed and i tried to unlock the bootloader but fastboot dont recognice the phone.

and i tried it on 2 different pcs, one with win xp and one with win7, same problem on both systems

ugrubni

Last edited:

DoomFragger

Jun 25, 2007
When I unlock my bootloader, I've downloaded the "Google USB Driver package" and the "Galaxy Tab by Samsung Electronics".

I haven't edited any .inf file. Those were the instructions I followed from this article.

Last edited:

ugrubni

Jun 16, 2010
ok, finally i have bootloader interface installed with edited .inf installed on win7.

i tried to unlock with fastboot but it just does nothing. my nexus says

usb control init
usb control init end
standard_set_configuration

anyone an idea?

ugrubni

smoothfreeze

Mar 27, 2011
Before I root my Nexus S, i got some questions to ask.
  • Can I "unroot" my nexus s to stock if I do this?
  • What kind of roms are there available other than CM7 mod?

pratishk

Mar 1, 2009
London
Hi all,

Followed advice above, had to reinstall SDK as did not have an adpfile. SDK all fine now, but am stuck on fastboot not recognising the phone - stays on waiting for device, did a search on xda but brought up other phones and nothing that could helped me...

updated: adb devices works fine, it sees the phone with adb, but just not with fastboot?

another update:

tried usbdeview to uninstall drivers
re-installed them again, no such luck.. annoyingly adb sees the nexus but fastboot does not..

would appreciate any more ideas?

Last edited:

ugrubni

Jun 16, 2010
i finally got it work

fastboot also dont recognized my phone

what i did is:

go to android-sdk/platform-tools folder and copy adbwinapi.dll and adbwinusbapi.dll to /tools folder where fastboot also is located and it worked.

cheerz, ugrubni

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
This tutorial is based on AllGamer's one concerning the GT-i9020.
Im very new to Android customisation, i've just followed some toturials i've found trying to make them works, so it may be inconsistent.

As far as i know, i got some problem using the RomManager application that was asking for superuser rights in order to install new rom. This application placed a superuser-xxx-signed.zip at the root of the sdcard, but install on my SNS SCLCD never worked.

Consider using the manual way, not the RomManager application, will be more straiforward.

May be all these steps are not mandatory, but in the end you'll be able to be able to nistall new rom.
Consider it as a global package for customisation.

Never noticed that. ClockworkMod recovery has ever stayed in place, even after rebooting the stock rom many times.

Cheers !

That's right.The script which removes Cwm recovery after reboot does not exist in i9023(slcd)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Colombus

Sep 21, 2008
hi Guys
sorry about the noob question,
but actually I have a problem installing JDK,
Android SDK always give me back "JDK SE development Kit (JDK) not found."

But I did install several times...,
SDK still not recognise it.
what should I do?

thx
Cheers

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
hi Guys
sorry about the noob question,
but actually I have a problem installing JDK,
Android SDK always give me back "JDK SE development Kit (JDK) not found."

But I did install several times...,
SDK still not recognise it.
what should I do?

thx
Cheers

Did you try to install eclipse and start sdk from eclipse?

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/ (download this one Eclipse IDE for Java Developers)

and then read this one
http://developer.android.com/sdk/eclipse-adt.html#installing

Had as well problems, but now i am using eclipse in order to start sdk

Reactions: Colombus

Fmbl

Dec 29, 2010
Hey guys,
Im stuck at part 2 "Unlock", when i run cmd and type fastboot oem unlock i get an error saying fastboot is not recognized as an in or external command, program or batchfile.

I then uninstalled all usb junk with USBDeview 32/64, i didnt quite know what to uninstall, so i just uninstalled everything, maybe a bit to rigorous?

Im in no way a tech wonder and this is the very first phone i tried to root, so if you would be as detailed as possible i would really apreciate that!
hope you guys can help me out?

afilopou

Oct 21, 2010
Athens
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey guys,
Im stuck at part 2 "Unlock", when i run cmd and type fastboot oem unlock i get an error saying fastboot is not recognized as an in or external command, program or batchfile.

I then uninstalled all usb junk with USBDeview 32/64, i didnt quite know what to uninstall, so i just uninstalled everything, maybe a bit to rigorous?

Im in no way a tech wonder and this is the very first phone i tried to root, so if you would be as detailed as possible i would really apreciate that!
hope you guys can help me out?

Ok lets try to solve it.

First things first, uninstall everything related to sdk and do the part 1 from scratch.Then go to androidsdk/tools folder and check if you have a file named "fastboot".If yes (normally yes because after updating android sdk manager the "fastboot" file must be there.Also make sure you downloaded the google usb driver) then go to androidsdk/platform-tools and find the two files AdbWinApi.dll and AdbWinUsbApi.dll .Copy-paste them to androidsdk/tools .Restart your pc and try the second part.

Hope to help

Fmbl

Dec 29, 2010
Ok lets try to solve it.

First things first, uninstall everything related to sdk and do the part 1 from scratch.Then go to androidsdk/tools folder and check if you have a file named "fastboot".If yes (normally yes because after updating android sdk manager the "fastboot" file must be there.Also make sure you downloaded the google usb driver) then go to androidsdk/platform-tools and find the two files AdbWinApi.dll and AdbWinUsbApi.dll .Copy-paste them to androidsdk/tools .Restart your pc and try the second part.

Hope to help
Thnx for your reply,
I followd everything you said, but fastboot is still not recognized, the above error message still aplies!
I do however dont get step 2 of part 2, maybe noobish but how do i get to that directory in CMD?
hmmm what to try next?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

i've recently bought a Nexus S which is a non-US/UK (GT-i9020) version having a SC-LCD screen (GT-i9023).
    Which is not, sadly, the only difference...

MOD EDIT: This tutorial also applies to AT&T/Rogers/Telus variants of the Nexus S with SAMOLED screen (i9020A)

This tutorial is based on AllGamer's [GUIDE] Step by Step ROOT Nexus S via ClockworkMod Recovery image (i9020 only).

Part 1 - Drivers

1 - Download Android SDK
    2 - Unzip & launch "SDK Manager.exe"
    3 - Cancel the first popup & go to "Available packages" > "Third party Add-ons" > "Google Inc."
    4 - Select "Google USB Driver package" & click "Install Selected"
    5 - Once you're finished go to your SDK installation "extras\google\usb_driver" dir
    6 - (MOD EDIT: Ignore this step for i9020A models) Open "android_winusb.inf" and add the following lines to both "[Google.NTx86]" and "[Google.NTamd64]" sections :
    ;
    ;Google Nexus S GT-i9023
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E20​
    as described here [SOLVED] Google Android USB drivers - Nexus S SCLCD GT-i9023 not recognized
    7 - Turn Off your SNS
    8 - Make sure the SNS is connected to the PC via the USB cable
    9 - Boot the SNS into the Bootloader Interface, by holding Volume UP & Power button

It reads LOCK STATE - LOCKED
    Open Device Manager (or run devmgmt.msc) make sure you don't see this problem (windows failed to identify the SNS and install the correct drivers)

10 - Do a right click and select Update Driver Software
    11 - Select Brose my computer for driver software
    12 - Point it to your Android SDK installation "extras\google\usb_driver" dir
    13 - Make sure to CLICK "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
    14 - Then from the list 3 choices select Android Bootloader Interface
    15 - If it's installed properly it should show up like this (reboot is not required)

NOTE: if you encounter problems like question marks, unknown drivers, or exclamation marks eve after you have installed the drivers, download and try the USBDeview 32/64 to remove and uninstall all the junk USB devices from your computer/registry

Part 2 - Unlock

1 - Open a command prompt go to run & type "CMD" & hit enter
    2 - Switch to the directory where you unzipped the Android SDK & go to "tools"
    3 - Type "fastboot oem unlock" & hit enter

Then you will get this
    fastboot oem unlock
    Selecting YES will wipe EVERYTHING from the SNS, so make sure you have backed up everything you needed to safe before you continue.

4 - Use the Volume up/down keys to select and Power key to apply

you should see something like this after it's done
    ... OKAY [435.433s]
    finished. total time: 435.433s​
    Now back on this screen you should read
    LOCK STATE - UNLOCKED​

Part 3 - Recovery

1 - Download the ClockworkMod recovery image (for i9020A models, use this i9023 recovery image too!) 3024v3-i9023.img from [MOD][RECOVERY]Clockwork 3.0.2.4 New wipe & confirm menus!! i9023 & i9020 versions
    2 - Save it to the Android SDK "tools" dir
    3 - Open a command prompt go to run & type "CMD" & hit enter
    4 - Switch to the directory where you unzipped the Android SDK & go to "tools"
    5 - Then type "fastboot flash recovery 3024v3-i9023.img" & hit enter

You should get something like this, if not your image is corrupted, download it again
    sending 'recovery' (3980 KB)... OKAY [ 0.621s]
    writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 0.511s]
    finished. total time: 1.132s​
    6 - Then back on the SNS select Power Off (Reboot also works)

Part 4 - Root

1 - Power ON the SNS
    2 - Download su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip from [APP] Superuser 2.3.6.1 - Now on the Market [2010-09-05]
    3 - Save it to the Android SDK "platform-tools" dir
    4 - Open a command prompt go to run & type "CMD" & hit enter
    5 - Switch to the directory where you unzipped the Android SDK & go to "platform-tools"
    6 - Type "adb push su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip /sdcard/su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip" & hit enter
    7 - Boot the SNS into the Bootloader Interface, by holding Volume UP & Power button
    8 - Select "Recovery
    9 - Then it should boot into this screen, if not then repeat the steps to download the image
    10 - Select "Install ZIP from sdcard" (power button to apply)
    11 - Select "Choose ZIP from sdcard" (power button to apply)
    12 - Select su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip (power button to apply)
    13 - Select "Yes - su-2.3.6.1-ef-signed.zip"

Should says
    Install from sdcard complete​
    15 - select go back
    16 - select reboot

You're now free to install the ROM you want.

Have fun, take care !
    Credits goes to AllGamer & afilopou
    Ok here you can find a guide for rooting and installing cwm to i9023.I could not post the screenshots here so i made a word file.

One more time credits to AllGamer

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14913717/i9023.doc

Edit :I finally managed to post the guide here as well

First thing first :Credits goes to AllGamer and j_r0dd and of course to kursk who first wrote down the steps.
    I am not an android expert/developer, just a user trying to help other guys.

I see a lot of guys asking /having problems with rom manager (3.0.0.5 or 3.0.0.6). Yes its true so just use the CWM version from here and DONT try to install and update rom manager from the market.
    This guide applies to nexus s i9023 (slcd) on Windows 7 (i am running the 64bit version) and of course if you decide to root your phone and unlock your bootloader is at your own risk. You may end with a bricked phone. The guide following worked for me and of course took the risk of a brick .
    At the end of the guide you will find a few instructions in order to flash your phone to stock with Odin.

!!!!!!!First check that your computer has already installed the Microsoft.net framework 4!!!!!!!!

1. Download Java SE and install

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHO...ProductRef=jdk-6u24-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer

2. Download Android SDK. Install the .exe file as administrator and right down to a piece of paper where your installation is (i propose to install it at C:\Android\android-sdk)

http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r10-windows.exe

3.Select to run SDK manager

4.You are going to have a popup window asking for some updates.

5. Make sure you select the “Accept All” instead of the default “Accept” in order to download and install the google driver. (image below)

sdk%20upd.PNG

6. Let the SDK finish the installation

7. Then check the following folder
    C:\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver

google%20fold.PNG

Here is the google usb drivers

8.Then go to C:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools and copy-paste the adb, AdbWinApi.dll and AdbWinUsbApi.dll to C:\Android\android-sdk\tools.
    After that your C:\Android\android-sdk\tools must be like the image below

tools%20fold.PNG

9.Go to Start>Computer right click Properties and then Enviroment Variables

variabl.PNG

Go to System Variables and find the “Path”, select edit and at the end of the line just add ;C:\Android\android-sdk\tools (with this way the “adb” is executable from everywhere).

10. Go to Start and type cmd and then right click “run as administrator” and then type adb

adb.PNG

11. From here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=728929 download the usb drivers for Samsung (select the 32bit or 64 bit depending your system) extract the zip and run the setup.

13.Now lets go to our phone. Go to Settings>Applications>Development and enable the “USB debugging”.

14. Connect your phone through usb and at the same time open your device manager of your pc.If your device manager shows “Other devices” and below that “nexus s” do a right click and Update Driver software

driver.PNG

And then Next.
    After that you are going to see

adb%20comp.PNG

15. Turn off your phone . Hold volume up and then power button to boot in bootloader.Then connect your phone through usb to your pc.
    You are going to face in device manager the below image

adb%20unkown.PNG

Ok don’t panic.Right click Update driver software>Browse my computer for driver software

Then Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer ,then select Android phone

android.PNG

And then Android Bootloader interface

adb%20boot.PNG

After that device manager is going to be like the below

adb%20boot%20dev.PNG

16.Then open a command prompt (CMD) and switch to the directory C:\Android\andoid-sdk\tools.

17.Type fastboot oem unlock

after few seconds you are going to see on your phone

nxs%20boot.PNG

Use volume keys to select and power button to apply.
    After finished (it takes very little time) you are going to see LOCK STATE-UNLOCKED
    And on CMD
    • ... OKAY [435.433s]

If for any reason you hang up after fastboot oem unlock,you can try another usb port or maybe another cable.

18.Download from here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=988686

the 3024v3-i9023.img
    md5:
    f8fca0dd910546c8f95b07c23fb906ec

Be careful !!!!The 3024v3-i9023 and NOT the 3024v3-i9020
    Rename it to recovery.img and put it in C:\Android\android-sdk\tools

Open a CMD again (if you close it) and switch to C:\ Android\android-sdk\tools
    And type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and then hit enter

You are going to see on CMD something like that

• sending 'recovery' (3980 KB)... OKAY [ 0.621s]
    • writing 'recovery'... OKAY [ 0.511s]
    finished. total time: 1.132s.

19.Power on your phone (you are going to see the GOOGLE logo but with the unlock symbol below it)

Download from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=682828
    The superuser for froyo /éclair
    drag/drop the su-version#-signed.zip file into the root of the internal SD of the nexus.
    Power off your phone and boot in bootloader (vol up+power) and select the recovery .

recovery.PNG

Select install zip from sdcard
    Select choose zip from sdcard
    Select the su-version#-signed.zip
    Select yes install su-version#-signed.zip
    Select go back and reboot systereason you want m now.
    Now your phone is rooted and has CWM V3.0.2.4 installed.

If for any reason you want to go back to stock (ps just an advice,before do anything just right down the details from Settings>about phone and go to http://www.samfirmware.com/android.htm create an account and download Odin and the proper version of your phone or go to
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12676414&postcount=44
    (in this post I explain how you can put your phone in download mode)

Hope to help you guys.
    Ps :I took some screenshots from AllGamer post because I didn’t have my camera available, but I wrote the whole think with a clean installation to my laptop.
    Good night or good morning.
    Ok guys found the answer.I set up xp on my virtual machine and i followed the same procedure as win7. When the phone is on everything is ok .At first we have the nexus s with exclamation mark

nexus%20on.PNG

and following what i wrote i came to adb composite interface as you can see

adb%20compos%20ok.PNG

Then i switched off the phone and i have on device manager

adb%20nexus%20off.PNG

so i tried to do the update driver software>install from a specific location >don't search .i will choose the driver to install and

step4.PNG

ohhh sh****t .I can not even see the adb bootloader interface.So i went to the inf google file and i add few details for the google nexus s

;
    ;Google Nexus S GT-i9023
    %SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E20
    %SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_4E20

for both the [Google.NTx86] and [Google.NTamd64]. I saved the inf file (android_winusb.inf in Android\androidsdk\extras\google\usb_driver) and after that in a command prompt i did

adb kill-server
    adb start-server

and i went again to device manager
    update driver software>install from a specific location >don't search .i will choose the driver to install and i select "Have disk" (there give the path where google driver is c:\android\androidsdk\extras\google\usb_driver) and success !!!!

you have "Android ADB Interface" and "Android Bootloader Interface".Of course select the bootloader interface and go ahead.

final.PNG

Here is the inf file ready, just for copy-paste to the c:\android\androidsdk\extras\google\usb_driver (first rename your original from android_winusb to android_winusb.old)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14913717/nexus%20s%20xp/android_winusb.inf

hope to help
    Hey guys i9020A here, having a problem when I connect either when my android is on (says Nexus S) or when it's in bootmode (says android 1.0) windows 7 won't recognize the driver and gives it's an exclamation point and I can't go farther down the list ;/. Any help would be appreciated!

Right click > update drivers
    Browse my compuer > let me choose > Have disk
    Point to "android_winusb.inf", it's in the SDK package you should have installed
    Uncheck show compatible devices > choose the bootloader one

USB%20Driver.jpg

Still... Thanks.