[Q] HTC Sync Manager not Recognizing HTC One

Search This thread

ez53436

May 8, 2013
Hi guys,

Got a T-Mobile HTC One yesterday and I can't get the thing to be recognized by HTC Sync Manager. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it tons of times, restarting the phone, restarting my laptop. Nothing works. When I plug in the phone, I get a drive that has a link to the HTC website to download Sync Manager, which I've done already. And if I turn off USB debugging, I get a message from HTC Sync Manager that says it's unable to recognise the device because it's locked (which is false).

Are there any sort of drivers that need to be downloaded for the phone? It seems unable to "mount" as a drive like my old Google G2.

Any help would be appreciated guys.

I have a MacBook Pro on 10.8.3.

Last edited:

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Hi guys,

Got a T-Mobile HTC One yesterday and I can't get the thing to be recognized by HTC Sync Manager. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it tons of times, restarting the phone, restarting my laptop. Nothing works. When I plug in the phone, I get a drive that has a link to the HTC website to download Sync Manager, which I've done already. And if I turn off USB debugging, I get a message from HTC Sync Manager that says it's unable to recognise the device because it's locked (which is false).

Are there any sort of drivers that need to be downloaded for the phone? It seems unable to "mount" as a drive like my old Google G2.

turn on usb debugging that should do it if not here are the drives :) if you got a lock screen like swipe or pin code it wont work so make sure the phone is not locked
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191279

Last edited:

ez53436

May 8, 2013
Thanks for the reply,

I turned USB debugging back on, still no luck. And unfortunately I'm on a Mac (OS 10.8.3). Those drivers are only for Windows, correct?

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Thanks for the reply,

I turned USB debugging back on, still no luck. And unfortunately I'm on a Mac (OS 10.8.3). Those drivers are only for Windows, correct?

im on mac as well when i plugged my htc in and it told me to get htc Sync Manager, it installed the drivers as it loaded so maybe uninstall Sync Manager plug the phone in see what happens

ez53436

May 8, 2013
I tried uninstalling sync manager and trying again but nothing happens. And I don't know how to delete the drivers or install them. I've seen a couple of download links to "mac" drivers for the HTC one, but they actually end up being .exe files. HTC support has pretty much given up and told me to go with a third party sync manager.

Anyone know where I can uninstall or install the drivers? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

rouvenkutter

Oct 5, 2007
filetransfer mac/htc android

bump

anyone able to help?

I had the same issues and ended up using android file transfer for mac..
google "android file transfer mac" and you'll find it.

it's pretty fast and much better than sync manager.. you can leave sync manager installed, i think it's still using the drivers of the installation.

sosinovitch

Aug 3, 2013
HTC Device Not Recognized Locked

I was having the same problem, and what solved it are the following steps:

1. Go to settings

2. Click on Developer options

3. Uncheck USB debugging (this was recommended in another forum)

4. I also turned Developer options off

5. Plug your phone back in

6. After I performed the previous steps, my computer installed device software, and once that was completed, the HTC Sync Manager recognized my device and allowed me to sync it.

Operating system Windows 7 with an i5 processor

Hope this helps.

Hi guys,

Last edited: