[ROM 3-in-1] SOS+ | VER 2.0.9.8 FINAL | RLS AUG.23.2012 | SENSE 1.0 | Open Source

Search This thread

swagstr

Sep 4, 2010
Corvallis, OR
www.goodandevo.net
Hey all. It's been a looong time since I checked in. I am glad so many of you are still using this ROM. However, as most of you know, I am without EVO and will be forever :( I hereby open this ROM to full open development without approval. If anyone wants to take 2.0.9.8 and update/modify/port/debloat/butcher to their liking... be my guest. I will update the OP slightly. Hope everyone is well.

Keep Swaggin' :D

Jan 26, 2013
Am looking for this Rom. My PC crashed last year and unfortunately it's where my copy was stored .Anyone have ideas where it can be found?

Killz420

Jun 27, 2011
Cincinnati
Could someone dropbox this for me if you still have it? All links are dead or lead to dead ends. Trying to hook up two of these phones for my kids. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTE: The domain SwaggedOutStock.com has expired. Most links are down, I will preserve the remainder of this OP as a relic. The BIG DOWNLOAD link is active to my old AFH account where you can still download the latest version of SOS+

SOS+ is now COMPLETELY OPEN SOURCE... Use/steal ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. If you want to make an updated version you have my full permission - no need to ask. Peace.

SOS+ | VER 2.0.9.8 | RLS AUG.23.2012 | SENSE 1.0 | OTA 4.67

Choose your flavor wisely...

SOS X | CUSTOM SENSE 1.0 | OTA 4.67
    Top Features
    • AROMA Installer included for an unlimited number of possible installations
    • Based off of the latest 4.67 OTA for a rock-solid, stable Sense 1.0 experience
    • Dual Remap Dock (Explained here)
    • Extended Quick Settings with and without Recent Apps, Swiping Notifications
    • Bad-Ass Sense 4.0 Theme
    • Clock, Battery, Signal, Recent Apps and CRT Animation controllable via Tweaks
    • "Perfect" combination of build.prop and init.d tweaks and scripts for the best 3G, battery and speed balance available
    • Full feature list can be found here: SOS X Page

SOS S | STOCK SENSE 1.0 | OTA 4.67

Top Features
    • Based off of the latest 4.67 OTA for a rock-solid, stable Sense 1.0 experience
    • Single Remap Dock
    • Quick Settings with and without Recent Apps, Swiping Notifications
    • Very minimally themed for a stock experience
    • Clock, Battery, Signal and CRT Animation controllable via Tweaks
    • "Perfect" combination of build.prop and init.d tweaks and scripts for the best 3G, battery and speed balance available
    • Full feature list can be found here: SOS S Page

SOS M | CUSTOM LAUNCHER | OTA 4.67

Top Features
    • Sense removed and your choice of launcher installed
    • Choose between Holo [Default], GO Launcher EX, ADW, LauncherPro and Stock Gingerbread
    • Extended Quick Settings with and without Recent Apps, Swiping Notifications
    • Tons of sweet themes for each launcher on the Google Play Store
    • Clock, Battery, Signal, Recent Apps and CRT Animation controllable via Tweaks
    • Full feature list can be found here: SOS M Page

>>>Download<<<

Installation/Update Instructions
    AROMA INSTALLER GUIDE

These instructions are for 2.0.9.4 and below! But it may help newbies to watch it.

phillymade's YouTube Tutorial

-----

General ROM installation instructions can be found here: SOS Blog - Installation Page

WARNING: If you are coming from SOS v2.0.1 or lower, a full wipe is required. If you are running any of the RLSs from the Soak Test, no wipes are necessary (but download the entire ROM). These wipes are required for full functiontionality. This will (hopefully) be the only wipe needed for 4.67 OTA-based SOS ROMs. MyBackup Root is a great (free) tool to backup your app data as well as texts and call logs.

NOTE: Pretty much all the links below are broken... Sorry :(

Themes
    The following themes ARE compatible with 2.0.9.7+: HERE

MOD | Lock Screen Bars

Add-Ons - LINKS TEMPORARILY BROKEN
    Swagged Out Window Animations (MetaMorph Themes install with ZipThemer):
    Stock | Blur | Bounce | CM7 | Derp | Eternity | Flip | Fly Fold | Fly In | Fold | MIUI | Mix | Myn | Photon | Riptide | Rudolph | Slide | Twist | Up Down

Thanks to: dean_fx, the sparky007, giveme13s, myn, raafaell

Swagged Out Smiles (MetaMorph Themes install with ZipThemer):
    Stock | ICS

Thanks to: dean_fx

Other Add-Ons
    Dark Tremor's A2SD Flashable Add-On - Thread | Download - You may have to flash this file twice and give it some time to boot after install - took 10+ mins for me.
    RockoDev's Beats Audio - Thread | Download
    XxXPachaXxX's xLOUD Audio Engine - Thread | Download
    Hacked Pandora App - [Blog only]

Please report all bugs to Team Swag (swagstr | steveyos | torzak) via the XDA thread, Twitter or email.

Bugs
    • FC when dialing *2 for customer service - to fix, navigate to the SOS/Useful Apps folder on your SD card and install SprintZone.apk.

tommytomatoe | grayn0de | amarullz | ca1ne | detcup4evr | chad.goodman | EVOlvedAndroid | gruesomewolf | steveyos2 | mjhuffer | ldc2335 | HTC | Sprint | SOS Users

Contribute
    Team Swag is a small project that wants to keep your EVO bad ass. Please donate as much as you can below!

All donations are appreciated greatly!!!
    [ROM] 2.1 | SOS X | 1.9.0.9 | 4.67 | Ice Cream Swag

This is my FAVORITE version of SOS. It will not be updated... Sorry :(

2.9.12 | 1.9.0.9 | 4.54

Features
    • All the goodies from the old Swag = OFF base
    • Freedom v0.9 Kernel - kernel-related issues can be reported here
    • Custom boot animation (featured on G&E)
    • 4 keyboard options - stock, Swype, ICS and HTC IME Mod
    • Dual Remap Dock - remap the left and right dock buttons (explained here)
    • Volume Key Mods - change songs when screen is off by holding and turn screen on by pressing volume keys
    • Completely themed ICS experience - including dock, notification pulldown, status bar, lock screen, flip clock, Settings app and many more!
    • Follow changes here: SOS Blog - Changelog Page
    Downloads
    Before downloading, you should really read this. It's short, I promise :)

Last download link: Mediafire

Installation/Update Instructions
    General ROM installation instructions can be found here: SOS Blog - Installation Page

WARNING: If you have already installed a 4.67 OTA-based SOS ROM (i.e. Swag = OFF v2.0.1), with a full wipe, then you can simply flash this ROM over v2.0.1. If you are using v1.9.0.9 PR or lower, this update requires a full wipe This wipe is required for full functiontionality. This will (hopefully) be the only wipe needed for 4.67 OTA-based SOS ROMs. This ROM is still based off of the 4.54 OTA, but v1.9.0.9 will prepare you for future updates (i.e. this will save you from having to wipe later). MyBackup Root is a great (free) tool to backup your app data as well as texts and call logs.

Team Swag HIGHLY recommends a full wipe when updating. But, if you decide not to do a full wipe - the ROM will still work. It just be missing a few under the hood tweaks (which you probably wouldn't even notice).

Themes & Add-Ons
    All working themes can be found here: SOS Themes Blog

A few add-ons can be found here: Swag = ON Add-Ons

Please report all bugs to Team Swag (swagstr | pfcland | torzak) via the XDA thread, Twitter or email.

tommytomatoe | linsalata28 | gruesomewolf | steveyos2 | ldc2335 | 00mcd00 | brad560 | HTC | Sprint | SOS Users
    Swagification
    These are either MetaMorph themes or flashable .zips - the instructions will state which type of file you are downloading. For detailed instructions on how to flash a .zip, head over to the installation page.

The MetaMorph Theme: Explained - for anyone having issues with MetaMorph themes

Swagification:
    "The natural ability, or the art of having swagger." So let's get your EVO even more Swagged Out already!

Themes
    Full Themes section can be found in the SOS App (now included with ROM). Or at the link: here.

Some themes not included in the SOS App have been included below.

Keyboards
    These are installable .apks. This will modify the keyboards that come with Swag = ON.

To install: Uninstall your current HTC_IME Mod and then install the new one you want. Easy as that.

"Stock" | Blue | Dark Blue | Green | Orange | Pink | Purple | Red | Yellow [Coming in the next few days]

Status Bar/Notification Pulldown Modifications
    These are MetaMorph themes. Status bar themes.

To install: Go to MetaMorph > Unzip/extract new theme (if you've used the theme before, still select this option, but then hit Update) > hit Close > hit "Apply all!" > wait till it's done > (tricky part) hold power button > Nothing happens but a light vibrate > Hold power button again > nothing happens for a sec, then EVO will hot restart on its own > Enjoy colorful joy!

Battery Icons
    Swagged Out Battery

Stock Battery

Transition Animations
    These are MetaMorph themes. These animations were originally made for MikFroyo, but they still work on our Swaggalicious EVOs! These made menus just a bit cooler by flying and zipping all over the place... be sure to check 'em out below.

Requests are more than welcome :)

Add-Ons
    NOTE: These are all flashable .zips unless otherwise stated. These are not MetaMorph themes.

All the stuff you need to make your EVO running Swagged Out Stock awesome (or bring it back to stock). This section also provides you with removed apps, essential apps, and misc. add-ons. Enjoy! :D

Kernels
    lithid-cm's Freedom (with undervolt choices - latest version includes TeamWin's HDMI mirroring): Flashable .zip choices here
    barnacles10's ChopSuey Beta (includes TeamWin's HDMI mirroring): Flashable .zip
    barnacles10's ChopSuey Stable: Flashable .zip
    Netarchy's Golden Monkey: Flashable .zip
    Stock with N fix: Right here :) Thanks to github for providing that

Android Lock Screen
    Sometimes, you want to be able to slide left-to-right instead of up-and-down. For those interested, here is the Android Lock Screen. Just flash this puppy and you are good to go!
    android.jpg

Android Lock Screen: Multiupload | Mediafire

To return to the HTC Lock Screen you must flash the .zip below. Note: this is only for Swag = ON. If you are using Swag = OFF, reflash the Unswagification Pack, this will UNDO any other modifications (themes, kernels, etc.) you have made to SOS, though.

HTC Lock Screen (Swag = ON only): Multiupload | Mediafire

Classic Android Market
    The latest update for the Android Market is pretty slick, but I've heard some people wishing for the old guy back. Here he is!
    classic+market.jpg

Classic Android Market: Multiupload | Mediafire

To return to the latest Android Market, you simply need to reflash the ROM, this will UNDO any other modifications (themes, kernels, etc.) you have made to SOS, though.

Fonts
    Stock HTC EVO 4G font (Swag = OFF default): Flashable .zip
    Roboto font pack (Swag = ON default): LINK
    Comfortaa font pack (Nostalgic Swag = ON default): Flashable .zip - thanks to aajohan
    Hundreds more fonts found at this thread!

App Packs
    Legend:
    ' = uninstallable system app
    * = easily uninstallable non-system app

Bloatware Pack (formerly the Removed App Pack):
    All the system apps removed during Swagification.

Multiupload | Mediafire

Includes:
    Amazon MP3'
    App Sharing '
    Blockbuster'
    Checkin Provider' (was removed to block OTA updates)
    Flickr'
    Footprints + widget'
    Genie Widget'
    HTC Car Panel'
    HTC IQ Agent (this is a CIQ app)'
    HTC Mobile Guide'
    IQRD (this is a CIQ app)'
    Kindle'
    Stocks + widget'
    Teeter'

Sprint Pack
    It is recommended you use the CIQ Adder, listed below to ensure that Sprint Apps work properly
    Multiupload | Mediafire

Includes:
    NOVA'
    Qik Video Chat* (from Market)
    Sprint Mobile Alerts* (from Market)
    Telenav Navigator* (from Market)
    Sprint Radio* (from Market)
    Sprint TV + widget'
    Sprint Zone'

Sports Pack
    Including the two Sprint Sport Apps (I hope to get updated versions soon), this also may require CIQ to be added back

Multiupload | Mediafire

Includes:
    NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile'
    Sprint Football Live'

Live Wallpaper Pack
    Includes all those cool live wallpapers removed during Swagification

Multiupload | Mediafire

Includes:
    HTC Weather Wallpaper' (which is included in the ROM)
    Live Wallpapers' (random LWP)
    Magic Smoke Wallpapers'
    Mode 10 Wallpapers' (Sense LWP)
    Visualization Wallpapers'

Instructions on how to send back select apps (i.e. not every app included in a pack) are found on the Installation page.

Essential App Pack
    Normally, ROMs come with a lot of apps that many users will use often, but I know that everybody won't use them. Due to that reason, I try to include as few apps as possible (and make them fully uninstallable). For those that do like to have some extra apps added in easily, this is the right place for you! The instructions are the same as the other App Packs, except the apps are located in /data/app.

[Will be updated in the coming weeks]

CIQ Adder
    If you are a fan of Sprint apps, you may need this. CIQ is explained here, and the reason it is not included in this ROM can be found here. However, according to this, you shouldn't worry too much about CIQ. If you are having problems running Sprint apps, try flashing this.

Swag = ON: Multiupload | Mediafire
    Swag = OFF: Multiupload | Mediafire

To re-strip CIQ, you simply need to reflash the ROM (Swag = ON) or Unswagification Pack (Swag = OFF), this will UNDO any other modifications (themes, kernels, etc.) you have made to SOS, though.

Other Add-Ons
    These are some other files I use that I had no part in making (like kernels and fonts), but they are flippin' awesome!

Latest Radio Update (2.15.00.08.08)
    Recently a new radio update was release for the HTC EVO 4G, be sure to update to it to receive the latest updates for your EVO!

Flashable .zip

When flashing this file, recovery will tell you to reboot. Do this by going back to recovery's main screen and selection Reboot (at the top). Then a weird updating phone thingy will pop up. Then it will go back to recovery and you can reboot again and you'll be good to go. Warning: Do not pull your battery or perform a radio update on a low battery. Let the installation complete. Failure to do so could result in you bricking your EVO (you have been warned). Also: It is a good idea to back up your WiMAX keys. This G&E article should help you out.

Splash Screen
    This is NOT a flashable .zip, follow the instructions below. White-on-black Splash Screen (looks great with the boot animation for SOS):

PC36IMG.zip

Place this file on the root of your SD card, use the 4-in-1 reboot mod to reboot into the bootloader, select BOOTLOADER, press volume up to confirm install, then volume up again to reboot, enjoy! Make sure the file is name "PC36IMG.zip" and not something like "PC36IMG (1).zip" or it won't flash. Thanks to JSZESZE for the splash screen and thepiecesfit for making this PC36IMG.zip

Amon RA Recovery
    Using ROM Manager, an app included with SOS, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the in-app options. The first-to-last option (under "More Recoveries") will read "Flash Alternative Recovery." Use this to flash Amon RA Recovery.

swagstr personally recommends manually downloading SOS and using Amon's recovery over ClockworkMod. However, ROM Manager is so damn easy! So the choice is really up to you ;)

Q&A, Changes, and Work-in-progress

Q&A

Full Q&A can be found in the SOS App (now included with ROM). Or at the link: here.

Changelog

Updated changelog can be found: here.

WIPs
    • AWESOME SAUCE ADDITIONS
    Requests
    • AROMA: Volume Rocker Screen-On Mod (Goal: 2.1.0)
    • AROMA: More choices for SOS N Users (Goal: 2.1.0)
    • AROMA: Select which apps to install (Goal: 2.1.0)
    Let me know if you have any requests!
    Super Beta | VER 2.0.9.6 PR

NOTE: Easy access to this post can be found at the top of OP and in the top of my sig.

Here's the skinny Swag Nation,

VER 2.0.9.6 is NOT done. But, I fixed the ODEX installation problems so you can install a fully functional ROM. Hmmm... So what I decided to do was upload this incomplete version of 2.0.9.6.

You may be wondering why. This is because SOS no has over one thousand possible installation results and I simply can't test them all on my own. What I am going to do is post an error log below that everyone can see and that I will update periodically as bugs come in.

Consider this VER 2.0.9.6 BETA. There is no Hot Fix - too many changes to the ROM layout. I will release BETA Hot Fixes as I fix these issues. If you aren't going to flash many different setups then I recommend you don't use the BETA and download 2.0.9.4 and add HF 5 and wait for 2.0.9.6 FINAL.

DOWNLOAD | Size: 437.25 MB | MD5 Sum: 9b9d139ef2263c027e7c3e324ece563b

BETA HOT FIXES: Hot Fix 1 (Explained)

Code:
    Changelog:
    > 2.0.9.6 - Beta Hot Fix 1
    -> Added option to save AROMA setup for easy upgrades (when AROMA doesn't change)
    -> Added option to wipe user data for new SOS users and those that like clean installs
    -> Fixed some missing options in AROMA
    -> DO NOT SELECT DTA2SD THIS HOT FIX!!!
    -> Lots more coming with next update!

> 2.0.9.6
    -> SO MANY MODIFICATIONS IT IS HARD TO COUNT!!!
    -> New page for universal mods
      -> Includes volume wake mod
      -> Includes sound mods, DTA2SD, and more!
    -> New page to select apps that install with ROM
      -> Make it blank to leave your /data/app as-is
    -> SBNP Features not updated for SOS S (was for other versions)

The bug tracker can be found here: Error Log - Last updated 5-17 @ 2:00PM PST

If you would like to report an issue copy and paste this into your post:
    SOS Version:
    Kernel:
    Mod/Tweak not working:
    Other comments:

If you have issues after install:
    • Fix permissions using ROM Manager
    • Fix UID mismatches in recovery
    • Clear data for FC-ing app
    • Still having issues, let me know :cool:

Enjoy Swag Nation :D
    SOS v1.9.0.9 PR | ICE CREAM SWAG Pre-Release

Sorry for the lack of sense I made on the YouTube video ;)

This is obvi only for Swag = ON. Swag = OFF will be seeing an update to the new OTA soon (fingers crossed).

To install:
    1. Start at v1.9.0.8 (SWAG FLU) - unless you are already at step 2
    2. Update to v1.9.0.8.5 (SWAG FLU H1N1)
    3. Update to v1.9.0.9 Pre-Release (ICE CREAM SWAG PR)
    4. [OPTIONAL] Flash the full ICS theme to get completely Ice Cream'd out (there will be a .zip that brings you back to a more Sense like environment)

Here's where I will put the files, I put a link in the OP for those interested:
    v1.9.0.8 SWAG FLU [Full ROM]
    v1.9.0.8.5 SWAG FLU H1N1 [Update .zip] - NEW LINK!!!
    v1.9.0.9 ICE CREAM SWAG PR [Update .zip]
    Full ICS Theme [Flashable .zip]
    Sense-like ICS Theme (un-does Full ICS Theme .zip above) [Flashable .zip]

For the record, SNAP BACK SWAG Themes do work with this update, so do lock bars and flip clocks (all found here)... But that's it for now.

There you go. The stable release is on delay. I can't decide whether I should put this out with all it's themes on the 4.54 OTA... or if I should wait to update everything to 4.67.

Opinions?