[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NHS2008

Jul 24, 2010
Mumbai
nbates said:
My kernel for use with moviNAND loopback filesystem 10-07-11 "ext2system.img"

not for use with tutorial build.

This config is built to allow config of the data and cache partition images to be done via the script mkext2images.sh.
the images get stored on bada partition mmcblk0p3, system loopback gets mounted from mmcblk0p2

1:copy files sbl.bin and your zImage to galaxyboot as normal, as well as the ext2system.img
2:put mkext2images.sh into bada storage root
3:boot Android-Linux kernel in recovery mode and wait until the phone reboots (there is no indication of script completion other than phone reboot! do not touch any buttons or use recovery mode's functions during this!!)
4:boot Android

to remove, repeat step 2 but copy the mkext2images-remove.sh file instead, then rename it to mkext2images.img

the ext2system.img file needs to be an ext2 image that contains the extracted "factoryfs.rfs" files from firmware I9000XXJPX.

the kernel will need the busybox executable in it's path variable in order for the scripts to work.

the scripts can be found here http://code.google.com/p/badadroid/source/detail?r=329
recovery capable bootloader, by mijoma:
http://code.google.com/p/badadroid/downloads/detail?name=bl_univ_boot100711_recov.zip&can=2&q=

while this build isn't supposed to damage bada, use these files at your OWN risk, backup your data and be prepared to accept the responsibilty was yours if your phone breaks.

I have a few doubts I would like you to kindly help me with..

So are we supposed to rename our partitions to "mmcblk0p3" and "mmcblk0p2"?

I assume that has been taken care of in your "nbates66FilesystemMoviNANDLoopback100711v1public.zip" file.?

So what are we supposed to do?

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
So are we supposed to rename our partitions to "mmcblk0p3" and "mmcblk0p2"?

no, once you have flashed the .fota file literally the steps 1 to 4 should be all you need to do, this build installs to internal sdcard of your phone (moviNAND). You shouldn't need to repartition anything.

the "ext2system.img" file referred to is inside the "moviNAND filesystem" .zip that is split into two parts.

Reactions: NHS2008

NHS2008

Jul 24, 2010
Mumbai
no, once you have flashed the .fota file literally the steps 1 to 4 should be all you need to do, this build installs to internal sdcard of your phone (moviNAND). You shouldn't need to repartition anything.

the "ext2system.img" file referred to is inside the "moviNAND filesystem" .zip that is split into two parts.
Thanks for the reply. I will try it out now!
btw. is this .fota also compatible with the ShadowAS1 tut build? So If I wish to switch back to that do I have to flash to the older fota as well?

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
Thanks for the reply. I will try it out now!
btw. is this .fota also compatible with the ShadowAS1 tut build? So If I wish to switch back to that do I have to flash to the older fota as well?

while the fota itself should work with shadow's build, i'm not sure that kernel has recovery mode configured so attempting recovery mode boot will probably just boot android normally, but this fota is somewhat more experimental as well, and it hasn't worked for some people, probably best to use the other .fota for shadow's tut build.

NHS2008

Jul 24, 2010
Mumbai
3:boot Android-Linux kernel in recovery mode and wait until the phone reboots (there is no indication of script completion other than phone reboot! do not touch any buttons or use recovery mode's functions during this!!)
This is done by pressing VOL UP+Menu(Diamond key)+End call key while the phone is switched off.Right? Cause I did that and then I got all the little dots like Android boot up then it just shut off. After that I tried Android and it booted up with Music! but then just black screen(have to replace battery to make it work again). I can boot into Bada though...

Last edited:

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
sounds like the recovery boot is failing, which is also why android would fail to boot normally, please join the IRC channel in (preferrably install an IRC client to do so like Icechat) to discuss issues regarding the build so this thread gets no more cloggage.

BorjaRRR

Jun 18, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F1
In recovery mode appeared to me some errors and I had to manually restart (in the above menu handled with the volume keys).
The issue is that android boots fine and works very fast (although continuous with the long touch problem)

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15512515&postcount=1187

few changes to my post, once again it's actaully preferred to discuss the issues in irc rather than in the dev thread.

EDIT: if i can figure a way creating a similar simplified install method for external SDcard version then i can work with Shadow to implement it in a new tutorial, but i'm not confident with scripting sdcard partitioning...

it IS the case that this version carries more risk of corrupting bada, though it is almost impossible for it to brick the phone completely (download mode will remain undamaged).

Last edited:

xsycox

Mar 9, 2011
www.paypal.com
it would be nice, if only devs like oleg would post here. that android-on-wave tutorial crap is really going on the nerves. each day we are looking into that forum, seeing with excitement new posts on this thread ... and then it is always just stupid questions or stuff about a stupid tutorial about the porting (of something that does not work, up to now).

that is really disappointing. each day.

Reactions: crionic

cyberbast

Nov 12, 2010
Error

Unable to collect the files: nbates66FilesystemMoviNANDLoopback100711v1public.z ip.001 and nbates66FilesystemMoviNANDLoopback100711v1public.z ip.002 with Winrar.

Thank you for uploading the file "ext2system.img" in a single part.

Please

xsycox

Mar 9, 2011
www.paypal.com
Hello guys.

Yesterday i installed Chainfire 3D from Android Market and then installed driver. My phone is now not booting, just galaxy s logo. How can i delete this driver and repair my Android? It's located on my memory card.

it would be nice, if only devs like oleg would post here. that android-on-wave tutorial crap is really going on the nerves. each day we are looking into that forum, seeing with excitement new posts on this thread ... and then it is always just stupid questions or stuff about a stupid tutorial about the porting (of something that does not work, up to now).

in other words: you posted in the wrong thread. search for "tut".

ShadowAS1

Mar 12, 2011
Behind you
shadowas1.com

in other words: you posted in the wrong thread. search for "tut".

I totally agree with you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts