[Q] PowerManagerService wakelock

Search This thread

AlwaysNoob

Jan 25, 2012
Minneapolis
I am monitoring my battery through BetterBatteryStatus. I see that the PowerManagerService kernel wakelock is keeping my phone from going to sleep. It keeps the phone on for nearly 120 mins in a day. Any idea of what that could be? I suspect that it is due to the Smart Stay feature of Galaxy S3 and I just disabled it now.

eboosted

Oct 19, 2011
PowerManagerService is basically a catch-all for partial wakelocks (wakelocks requested by non system apps). To see which apps are actually requesting the wakelocks, go to the Partial Wakelocks screen.

Is there any way to drill down this service and detect what exactly is draining the battery?

Caoe

Jan 21, 2014
Just wanted to say that i too had a lot of partial wakelocks draining battery on my SGS3 CM11 (using ART) but I've managed to solve the problem via cleaning the cache in settings->storage. Since then, the CPU is awaken only 19% of time and my batt last 5/6 days with WiFi, Now etc.. (I have a 7000mh zerolemon)
Screenshot_2014-01-21-14-27-32.png

Aitch

Mar 4, 2005
Just wanted to say that i too had a lot of partial wakelocks draining battery on my SGS3 CM11 (using ART) but I've managed to solve the problem via cleaning the cache in settings->storage. Since then, the CPU is awaken only 19% of time and my batt last 5/6 days with WiFi, Now etc.. (I have a 7000mh zerolemon)
Screenshot_2014-01-21-14-27-32.png
Have you seen any benefits by switching to ART?

If I clean the cache, what will it delete? Will I lose all my App settings and game levels? I have about 54Mb in there.

Note2user301

May 10, 2014
I have a Samsung galaxy note 2 and every time I lock lock my phone it suddenly turns right back on. It's been happening for two days now. I've tried factory reset and hard reset.. nothing seems to work. Looked at several forums but none seem to help either. Use wake lock app and it says this ..see attachment

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-10-15-10-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-10-15-10-38.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 15,130

jago25_98

Jul 17, 2007
Same here with various audio partial wakelocks that add up to 12 days of kernel wakelocks. This started when I upgraded to:

gapps-kk-20140606 & cm-11-20140611-snapshot-m7-snapshot kernel 3.0101-cyanogenmod-g329d6a1 build03 #1

I have gmail sync disabled but contacts sync on. I notice CM have added apollo to the lockscreen so this could be a bug I need to search for

Meshok

Dec 13, 2015
This amount of Power Manager Display and Wakelocks especially are to damn hi, can any1 help me, I'm on HTC10 nougat, Ice, clean slate.

@kmry Gave you resolved your battery drain issue?

I'm on HTC 10 and have the same issue with huge amounts of wake locks. The device basically never goes into deep sleep.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PowerManagerService is basically a catch-all for partial wakelocks (wakelocks requested by non system apps). To see which apps are actually requesting the wakelocks, go to the Partial Wakelocks screen.
    Is there any way to drill down this service and detect what exactly is draining the battery?

Use Better Battery Stats. instead of looking at the Kernel Wakelocks, switch it to partial wakelocks, and if I understand correctly, the sum of the partial wakelocks is effectively the powermanagementservice wakelock
    This amount of Power Manager Display and Wakelocks especially are to damn hi, can any1 help me, I'm on HTC10 nougat, Ice, clean slate.