Nook Color (Won't Boot/Hold Charge)

Search This thread

TreasureMan

Sep 5, 2013
Dover, NH
Hey guys ,

Just wondering 1st thing does the Nook Color only boot through the sdcard?

and i don't think it will hold a charge, not too sure hasn't been turning on for about 6 months now and i think it's bricked not too sure.

I have it charging right now and the light is orange on the charger so it might be charging. I will let it charge and see what happens.

The nook color is rooted with CWM recovery and wit cyanogenmod ROM just don't know what versions of both if you ask and it's needed.

Any help will be appreciated if you need more information please reply and i will tell you.

TreasureMan

Sep 5, 2013
Dover, NH
UPDATE: I guess it's fully charged by the green light on the cord, just still won't boot or connect to my computer so i can get it to boot up, so please help me fix this issue. :crying:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
UPDATE: I guess it's fully charged by the green light on the cord, just still won't boot or connect to my computer so i can get it to boot up, so please help me fix this issue. :crying:
You need to go to my NC Tips thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item A10. Then you can flash a new ROM to fix it.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

TreasureMan

Sep 5, 2013
Dover, NH
You need to go to my NC Tips thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item A10. Then you can flash a new ROM to fix it.

Yeah i tried that last night and i tried again 20 minutes ago, would help if my computer would recognize the nook color.

Had to use an old phone to burn the .img file and put it back into my nook and still won't boot up :confused:

EDIT: It booted up so now i am downloading CM 10.2 is that a good ROM to flash?

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Yeah i tried that last night and i tried again 20 minutes ago, would help if my computer would recognize the nook color.

Had to use an old phone to burn the .img file and put it back into my nook and still won't boot up :confused:

EDIT: It booted up so now i am downloading CM 10.2 is that a good ROM to flash?
You say you got it booting, but you do not burn by hooking the device to a computer, you take the SD out and insert into the PC. And any ROM should fix it. Try the same one you currently have installed.

TreasureMan

Sep 5, 2013
Dover, NH
You say you got it booting, but you do not burn by hooking the device to a computer, you take the SD out and insert into the PC. And any ROM should fix it. Try the same one you currently have installed.

It's working 100% now and i don't remember what ROM i had on, when i bought it it was rooted and had a ROM installed already.