[Q] help problem after flashing TWRP with ROM Toolbox

Search This thread
P

psych.half

okay.. so i installed ROM Tool Box.. and checked the ROM Manager.. and Flash Recovery... i was surprised to see TWRP 2.7.0.1 available.. so in surprise.. i flashed it... it didnt even complete.. there was no more space on the partition.. and i didnt got any TWRP but i screwed up my device.. ._. well.. it didnt got bricked.. the only problem is instead of showing.. samsung and model name.. during boot.. it shows red blue green dots all over..
so i did some research.. and here is what i found.. ROM Toolbox uses the the device name to identify the roms, and recoveries avilable.... which in case our device's name is "mint"... but here is the problem.. Sony Xperia T lt30p device name is also mint.. o_O
i got this from lookin at the recovery downloaded by ROM Toolbox.. which was 'openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.1-LT30p'.. i googled LT30p and found it was Sony Xperia T.. so i checked it build.prop and here is a part of it
build.prop for Sony Xperia T LT30p
Code:
ro.product.brand=Sony
ro.product.name=LT30p
ro.product.board=MSM8960
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabiro.product.model=Xperia T
ro.product.device=mint

so there;s that.. and the main problem for me is that.. ROM Toolbox flashed the TWRP recovery at /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 and from the thread by prbluebootle. i found that /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 is PARAM partiton...
Code:
Partition name                 Partition       512-byte blocks   Bytes      MB (^2)

PARAM             ->   /dev/block/mmcblk0p11             16384    8388608            8

to be sure.. i dumped the block and compared it with 'openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.1-LT30p'... so now how do i get the PARAM partiton back?.. should i flash stock rom or.. can somebody dump the partition image for me?? what should i do??? heeelp me.. pleeeasee,, T^T

T3snake

Dec 27, 2013
Vadodara
okay.. so i installed ROM Tool Box.. and checked the ROM Manager.. and Flash Recovery... i was surprised to see TWRP 2.7.0.1 available.. so in surprise.. i flashed it... it didnt even complete.. there was no more space on the partition.. and i didnt got any TWRP but i screwed up my device.. ._. well.. it didnt got bricked.. the only problem is instead of showing.. samsung and model name.. during boot.. it shows red blue green dots all over..
so i did some research.. and here is what i found.. ROM Toolbox uses the the device name to identify the roms, and recoveries avilable.... which in case our device's name is "mint"... but here is the problem.. Sony Xperia T lt30p device name is also mint.. o_O
i got this from lookin at the recovery downloaded by ROM Toolbox.. which was 'openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.1-LT30p'.. i googled LT30p and found it was Sony Xperia T.. so i checked it build.prop and here is a part of it
build.prop for Sony Xperia T LT30p
Code:
ro.product.brand=Sony
ro.product.name=LT30p
ro.product.board=MSM8960
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabiro.product.model=Xperia T
ro.product.device=mint

so there;s that.. and the main problem for me is that.. ROM Toolbox flashed the TWRP recovery at /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 and from the thread by prbluebootle. i found that /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 is PARAM partiton...
Code:
Partition name                 Partition       512-byte blocks   Bytes      MB (^2)

PARAM             ->   /dev/block/mmcblk0p11             16384    8388608            8

to be sure.. i dumped the block and compared it with 'openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.1-LT30p'... so now how do i get the PARAM partiton back?.. should i flash stock rom or.. can somebody dump the partition image for me?? what should i do??? heeelp me.. pleeeasee,, T^T

Flashing stockrom should be ur first job. Handling partitions is dangerous ive heard
U still got cwm?
If download mode is still inttact u can just flash stock and it shud replace twrp back to stock

P

psych.half

Flashing stockrom should be ur first job. Handling partitions is dangerous ive heard
U still got cwm?
If download mode is still inttact u can just flash stock and it shud replace twrp back to stock

Yea... i still got cwm.. the recovery partition wasnt affected.. and the phone is working fine ... the only problem is during boot instead of showing samsung and model no. It shows red green blue dots on a black background.. then bootanimation starts.. and its pretty much normal..

im still searching what does the PARAM partition contains.. i think..if i only got the partition image...i can just dd it into /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 on a root terminal.. im on linux.. and i gotta use someone else's pc for odin or kies to flash stock..

and it seems that partition contains the samsung name and model no. which shows at very start of boot... if i could change that to something cooler. It'd be awesome.. *^*

Sent from my GT-S5282 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

T3snake

Dec 27, 2013
Vadodara
Yea... i still got cwm.. the recovery partition wasnt affected.. and the phone is working fine ... the only problem is during boot instead of showing samsung and model no. It shows red green blue dots on a black background.. then bootanimation starts.. and its pretty much normal..

im still searching what does the PARAM partition contains.. i think..if i only got the partition image...i can just dd it into /dev/block/mmcblk0p11 on a root terminal.. im on linux.. and i gotta use someone else's pc for odin or kies to flash stock..

and it seems that partition contains the samsung name and model no. which shows at very start of boot... if i could change that to something cooler. It'd be awesome.. *^*

To be honest i have no idea about partitions and what might be causing the problem....
U need to ask some developer...

P

psych.half

To be honest i have no idea about partitions and what might be causing the problem....
U need to ask some developer...

oh.. well.. its alright.. if nothing helps.. gotta flash stock again.. :| anyways thanks for your time ^^