Fuze Bezel Coming Off... I would peel it off but...

Search This thread

AskTheAdmiN

Sep 12, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
So it appears that under the front bezel of the Fuze that has the ATT logo in the upper left hand corner can peel off. But there is a connector at the bottom of it...

Does anyone know what this does? Is it using the bezel as an antenna? My bezel is scratched and the screen underneath is fine. What can I do?

AskTheAdmiN

Sep 12, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
So be warned the bezel is actually part of the touch screen and opening it breaks the touch screen by releasing the air pocket between the bezel and the screen. It is going back to att.

I wish someone would have told ME that before I continued. Anyone know of a fix or do they have to replace the whole touch screen?

petard

Feb 12, 2006
You mean the whole plastic piece on the front? Yeah that is called the digitizer and senses touch. The actual LCD itself can't sense touch.

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
I'm sorry this may not be the nicest thing to say but I read this whole thread and all I can say is...

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING TRYING TO PEEL THINGS OFF WITHOUT READING FIRST!?!?!?!?!?"

You see this part that "appears" it can be peeled off. Yes, it can. You know why? BECAUSE IT'S GLUED ON!! You peeled off your digitizer and now your Touch Screen doesn't work?

Anybody want to take any guesses as to why it no longer works?

Sigh... I'm done. Rant over... I'm going to bed... I've had a long ****ty day and sorry you had to be the victim but that's just life...

AskTheAdmiN

Sep 12, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
I'm sorry this may not be the nicest thing to say but I read this whole thread and all I can say is...

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING TRYING TO PEEL THINGS OFF WITHOUT READING FIRST!?!?!?!?!?"

You see this part that "appears" it can be peeled off. Yes, it can. You know why? BECAUSE IT'S GLUED ON!! You peeled off your digitizer and now your Touch Screen doesn't work?

Anybody want to take any guesses as to why it no longer works?

Sigh... I'm done. Rant over... I'm going to bed... I've had a long ****ty day and sorry you had to be the victim but that's just life...

Way to be a prick because you had a bad day! I was just trying to warn others not to do it. I was trying to take off the screen protector and as soon as the "digitizers' seal was broken the touch screen stopped working. I know that now.

Why wouldn't you want others to be warned?

Can anyone say A...S...S...H...O...L...E.??

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Be very careful about the way you approach AT&T about replacing it. Since you peeled it off, they may not repair it if it looks like you damaged it.

I would say you left it in your car's front seat over night while staying over at your gf's house, and in the morning you found it like that.

Then ask questions about if they have had many of these problems with these phones and if there is a way you can get a different phone...

... they'll probably won't give you a different phone, but probably give you a replacement.

If you tell them you peeled it off, they'll charge you full price for a replacement.

AskTheAdmiN

Sep 12, 2007
Brooklyn, New York
Be very careful about the way you approach AT&T about replacing it. Since you peeled it off, they may not repair it if it looks like you damaged it.

I would say you left it in your car's front seat over night while staying over at your gf's house, and in the morning you found it like that.

Then ask questions about if they have had many of these problems with these phones and if there is a way you can get a different phone...

... they'll probably won't give you a different phone, but probably give you a replacement.

If you tell them you peeled it off, they'll charge you full price for a replacement.

of course i replaced it and called it into warranty support. the new one (refurb) is on its way. the old one flashed back and on its way to att.