Triumph vs incredible (not a flame war more so question)

Search This thread

mykenyc

Jun 16, 2009
Phoenix
Okay, so Motorola unveiled the Triumph and i'm uber excited about this phone. My question comes from something of my old Thunderbolt, i notice the thunderbolt have the MSM8655 and so does the Triumph where our Droid incredible 2 have the 8255. GSMarena:

Triumph vs Thunderbolt
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3988&idPhone2=3703

Triumph vs incredible 2

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3988&idPhone2=3938

Now, i have read on other sites that the only difference in CPU is network specific. I just can't help that the thunderbolt benchmarks was better than my incredible 2 (this is not a debate about that because i brought this up before). So my 2 question are:

Has anyone here been on virgin mobile and is it any good (loving the 25 dollar price plan)?

and

Do your think this phone is any good? More so opinions since no one have the phone.

nimdae

Feb 19, 2010
Texas
www.beausteward.com
The core CPU and GPU is the same. However, keep in mind that memory and storage is not part of the SOC, so HTC can use whatever memory and storage they want. As an example, LG uses dual channel memory and a sort of dual channel/raid setup for storage in order to improve performance (in their dual core phones, they call this technology "tri-dual" technology or 3D for short for dual core, dual channel memory and dual channel storage). As a result, with the Revolution having essentially the same SOC as the Tbolt, it blows it away in benchmarks. However, 2D and 3D framerates were the same as my I2 ;)

How this translates to real world performance depends on your real world usage. You might not see better performance for your games. Your light weight apps probably won't improve in performance. Your battery life might improve due to less time required for memory and storage access (the Revolution supposedly destroys the Tbolt in battery life, but I don't have much info on this). You might only see improved performance for your heavy hitting apps that have high memory and storage requirements (ie: Slacker Plus or Premium for the caching feature).

Last edited: