[NIGHTLY][2.3.7][UPDATED 17/01] CyanogenMod 7.2 for Huawei U8150 [UNNOFFICIAL]

Would you like the text at the top or bottom of the boot animation?

Votes: 105 40.9%
  • Bottom

Votes: 152 59.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

isofra

Jan 15, 2012
thanks for all your answers!

But I've another question: is it possible that after I installed launcher pro, adw launcher settings in settings menu (voice under CyanogenMod in settings, if I remember correctly) is disapperead?

jdwpom

May 20, 2011
thanks for all your answers!

But I've another question: is it possible that after I installed launcher pro, adw launcher settings in settings menu (voice under CyanogenMod in settings, if I remember correctly) is disapperead?

Yeah, that option only shows up when the built-in adw is set as the default launcher.

Sent from my U8150

isofra

Jan 15, 2012
ok, I try to set adw launcher as default and the voice into setting menu appears again. And if I want to upgrade adw? Because if I go to the market and I search adw launcher there is no opportunity to upgrade but only to install

jdwpom

May 20, 2011
ok, I try to set adw launcher as default and the voice into setting menu appears again. And if I want to upgrade adw? Because if I go to the market and I search adw launcher there is no opportunity to upgrade but only to install
The cyanogenmod version of adw is specially built, and slightly different to the market edition, I think. Either way, the adw from the market won't have adwsettings in the settings menu, you'll have to access those from the launcher itself, using the menu soft button.

Sent from my U8150

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010
Any coming roms? I'm considering flashing the manufacurer's flash if not as I'm after a rom that's without obvious faults.

I'm not that interested in CyanogenMod, I'm see the power in mods as those that imrpove the performace and features like input, eg: multi-touch, new kernel, newer version of android, etc.

CyanogenMod seems to be candy/bloat for our phones.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Just a note, I'm out of town, away from my computer for a week. So definitely no builds for a while. I know you guys are hungry... Sorry ;)

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
Any coming roms? I'm considering flashing the manufacurer's flash if not as I'm after a rom that's without obvious faults.

You're free to flash whatever ROM you want. :) I'm lucky that I have another phone to use as my main phone, so I don't have to be burdened by flashing, erasing, and bricking my U8150.

I'm not that interested in CyanogenMod, I'm see the power in mods as those that imrpove the performace and features like input, eg: multi-touch, new kernel, newer version of android, etc.

I'm interested in CyanogenMod because it's an amazing community effort. Vendors share zero code with us (except partially-working, out dated Linux kernel code, because of the GPL). It's for that reason that I'm interested in CyanogenMod.

Remember, "we" are doing this for fun. I'm not a kernel hacker. I'm not a programmer. I'm just a guy who likes Linux and open-source software. I have a little bit of free time and I can help out from time to time, by either fixing bugs (when I get lucky) or writing documentation on my blog. :)

CyanogenMod seems to be candy/bloat for our phones.

CyanogenMod is great. Honestly, you get what you pay for. The Qualcomm MSM7225 system on a chip in this phone is technology released in 2008, developed in 2007/6. It has no GPU. It has little RAM and flash storage. It uses proprietary wireless drivers, so we're stuck on an old version of the Linux kernel. We really need to be realistic when we demand things from this little phone.

Reactions: veer1238

GJSmith3rd

May 6, 2008
Chicago
OnePlus 8
Toasts Change From App Name to Package Name

This is probably not directly related to the Ideos Dev Team ROMs but has anyone experienced toasts changing from app names to package names and is there a solution?

GJSmith3rd

May 6, 2008
Chicago
OnePlus 8

Toasts are pop up messages like you can get from the SuperUser app to let you know when another app has requested root privileges. Sometimes apps allow you to configure for toasts or notifications. Anyway I discovered that only one app, Juice Defender Beta, has package names instead of app names in it's toasts so I will just disregard the bug. Thanks.

~~ VM Micro Cruz PT701/T105 Tapatalk ~~

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
January 17, 2012 Nightly

Alon can you please post a newer build of cm 7 which incorporates light sensor.

Thank you

Yep, I tried to post one yesterday but XDA was down to show their disapproval of controversial Internet censorship legislation in the USA. I posted the download link on Twitter, so a few lucky people saw it. ;)

Here you go: update-cm-7.2-nightly-Jan17-u8150.zip (md5sum: 9a608be48402fd3d26c534fdb1597296)

It has the "working" auto brightness, a new kernel with a kernel panic fix, some touchscreen fixes, and dithering on by default (a bit nicer colors, especially grays).

Cheers!

isofra

Jan 15, 2012
Alan do you think is reccomended upgrade to the latest version of your nightly? or 5december version is good yet?

mayurh

Jul 8, 2010
Johannesburg
Yep, I tried to post one yesterday but XDA was down to show their disapproval of controversial Internet censorship legislation in the USA. I posted the download link on Twitter, so a few lucky people saw it. ;)

Here you go: update-cm-7.2-nightly-Jan17-u8150.zip (md5sum: 9a608be48402fd3d26c534fdb1597296)

It has the "working" auto brightness, a new kernel with a kernel panic fix, some touchscreen fixes, and dithering on by default (a bit nicer colors, especially grays).

Cheers!
thanks
can i ask whats not working on the 7.2 nightly?

SyedAnique

Oct 30, 2010
Thank you for the rom. I did not find any major bug in dec 5 build. I use U8150 with dec 5 build as my daily driver.

There were some minor bug like the water live wallpaper not displaying properly. Where as it worked on stock rom.

I do not understand why the cm team not including our device as an officially supported device. It got cm6, now cm7 and in the future cm9.

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
Thank you for the rom. I did not find any major bug in dec 5 build. I use U8150 with dec 5 build as my daily driver.

There were some minor bug like the water live wallpaper not displaying properly. Where as it worked on stock rom.

I do not understand why the cm team not including our device as an officially supported device. It got cm6, now cm7 and in the future cm9.

Well, we were merged to the CyanogenMod repositories... so we're "official".

The thing is, none of the CyanogenMod developers have the U8150 device, so there's no way they can "support" it. That responsibility falls on me (and tilal, marcnvidic, etc). I have a job and a family... so there's only so much I can do on supporting U8150!

Also there are things I don't know how to fix. :) I'm not a magician... hahaha.

ntnlzr

Mar 9, 2008
Genoa
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Well, we were merged to the CyanogenMod repositories... so we're "official".

The thing is, none of the CyanogenMod developers have the U8150 device, so there's no way they can "support" it. That responsibility falls on me (and tilal, marcnvidic, etc). I have a job and a family... so there's only so much I can do on supporting U8150!

Also there are things I don't know how to fix. :) I'm not a magician... hahaha.

i'm trying to fixing audio issue but i've a strong wall in front me damn huawei!

djjoza

May 30, 2011
Rijeka
hi aorth,

i've just installed the latest nightly, and it seems that automatic backlight fix has also fixed the background light of softkeys which would go dark only 1-2 seconds after the press.

but i have a problem, when i do an advanced restore of my "data", my wlan does not work anymore! when i turn it on i doesn't scan for networks and then after a few seconds it automaticaly turns itself off!! on a clean ROM install it works ok.
do you have any idea how could i fix this because i don't want to install and setup everything all over again. thanks

and thanks for your work on this great ROM!

Reactions: aorth

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread has been depreciated.

Please go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1456890 for the latest info and nightlies.

Accomplishments:
    -Overclocked Kernel by tilal6991
    -Stripped FROYO rom
    -Booting Gingerbread rom / AOSP & CYANOGEN

Dev Teams Rom V2 FROYO
    Newer base! ;)
    Please Update Git
    Ripped (So GAPPS package will be an option)

Change Log
    *ROOT
    *Rom Manager, File Manager, ADW launcher
    *Newer base from march
    *Nexus bootscreen

Removed
    *GAPPS
    *Launcher2
    All the changelogs and known issues are now at our new blog here!!!!!!!
    December 5th nightly (CyanogenMod 7.2)

Here's a new nightly, up to date with latest upstream CyanogenMod sources as of December 5, 2011. Also, I'm testing new libs in this build and I'd appreciate feedback. n00bs need not apply.

What's new/fixed:
    • Mounting the SD card over USB
    • Overclocking
    • Barcode Scanner works (using tilal's fix, of course)
    • ROM Manager 4.8.0.6
    • Kernel Supports ext3/ext4 (should fix link2sd problems)
    • I bet nobody read this, and will ask a million times if it supports overclocking... :)
    What's not fixed:
    • Camera still takes 2 megapixel pictures. This appears to be the maximum the U8150 camera hardware supports, information about the U8150's camera sensor. I can't explain why the stock firmware takes 3mp pictures, but it appears they're upscaling them, not taking "true" 3mp.
    • Audio is still distorted when it is very loud.

How to flash*:
    1. Flash ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.7 (instructions). UltraJack won't work.
    2. Do a nandroid backup from ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Wipe data/factory reset
    4. Flash update from sdcard
    5. Full reboot!
    6. Flash Google Apps from ClockworkMod Recovery (optional)

Download ROM: update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-U8150-KANG-signed-dec5.zip (md5sum: 245615517569263c37364b0460425e6d)
    ClockworkMod Recovery: clockworkmod_5.0.2.7_u8150.img (md5sum: c59673d5aa926d94227857e51fbe9e2c)
    Google Apps: gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (md5sum: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f)

*failure to follow instructions has been shown to result in baldness in both men AND women. Flash at your own risk. It is your own responsibility to backup your applications, settings, phone numbers, etc.

Beta testers should look out (and provide feedback) for:
    • I switched to CyanogenMod's libril, liblights, libcopybit rather than using local versions in our device tree. The reasoning was that if the local ones work as well as the CM ones, there is no need to complicate our device tree just because "it works." CyanogenMod's maintainers maintain/update the CM hardware libs, so we'll let them do it.
    • Audio. I switched to psyke83's libaudio. We are already using a local libaudio override in our device tree, but right now we're using one from tas0s U8120 build. From speaking to psyke I learned that his code is newer, and contains fixes from the CodeAurora Forum. We had tried his code before but it didn't compile because of an error in the FM-related ifdef logic. We fixed the compile bug last night and the audio seems to work no less better than the U8120 audio.

Have fun!
    January 17, 2012 Nightly

Alon can you please post a newer build of cm 7 which incorporates light sensor.

Thank you

Cheers!