Dish Anywhere

Search This thread

the_gunner

Mar 3, 2008
Can someone please try to sideload the Dish Anywhere app and let me know if it loads / displays properly ?

mr3p

Oct 14, 2013
Miami
I side loaded it and it installed fine. after launching, the app runs 90 degrees rotated clockwise and I couldn't go any further. I probably should have tried it with mouse just for fun of it but figured without remote support it wasn't worth it.

Last edited:

scottsdca

Mar 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Would that orientation app help get this app to work? How did you get it transfer via adb? I couldn't get it to go through. Other apps transferred fine but dish anywhere had a long error message. I'm pretty new at this stuff so please have patience. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

mr3p

Oct 14, 2013
Miami
installed via ADB. i think there are a few different versions of the dishanywhere apk floating around, be sure you try the most recent one.

the_gunner

Mar 3, 2008
I side loaded it and it installed fine. after launching, the app runs 90 degrees rotated clockwise and I couldn't go any further. I probably should have tried it with mouse just for fun of it but figured without remote support it wasn't worth it.

Thanks for your efforts. What's needed is a way to trigger tablet mode in the app. When I run the Dish app on my Nexus 7 it loads in proper landscape orientation instead of smartphone (portrait) orientation.