Standby drain

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

czucker

Dec 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NYC
I had been having an issue where mine was never entering deep sleep. I tracked it to two things. Google voice recognition on every screen and auto backup. Once I turned those off, the battery drain seems much improved, although I only made those changes this afternoon.

If you're having issues you might try to identify the wakelock via ADB. Run the below code in a loop and see what pops up. It worked for me.
adb shell dumpsys power | grep -i partial_wake_lock

That being said, I sure miss having root to run BetterBattery Stats. . . . Sigh. . . .

GeneralGiap

Mar 11, 2016
sorry for the stupid question: does S7 Edge enter deep sleep automatically?

I am having a serious battery drain issue in standby. I did just turn off my google voice recognition on every screen (thanks czucker) so I'll see what happens. Im kinda upset with the performance though. I picked up the phone on Tuesday from my local sprint store (pre-ordered and it came in early) so maybe the phone is still learning my usage patterns but still the standby battery drain is concerning...

gasmast00

Jan 25, 2016
I had been having an issue where mine was never entering deep sleep. I tracked it to two things. Google voice recognition on every screen and auto backup. Once I turned those off, the battery drain seems much improved, although I only made those changes this afternoon.

If you're having issues you might try to identify the wakelock via ADB. Run the below code in a loop and see what pops up. It worked for me.

That being said, I sure miss having root to run BetterBattery Stats. . . . Sigh. . . .

Maybe I have the same issue. How could you turn the Google voice recognition and the auto backup off?
Ty

pietronigro

Mar 5, 2016
sorry for the stupid question: does S7 Edge enter deep sleep automatically?

I am having a serious battery drain issue in standby. I did just turn off my google voice recognition on every screen (thanks czucker) so I'll see what happens. Im kinda upset with the performance though. I picked up the phone on Tuesday from my local sprint store (pre-ordered and it came in early) so maybe the phone is still learning my usage patterns but still the standby battery drain is concerning...

I fixed standby drain by turning off NFC and set OneDrive to only upload when charging. Donno if thats your problem, but its my best tips since it worked for me ;)

larsheat

Jul 6, 2010
New York
www.onotalk.com

Where can i turn those 2 features off? thank you

Reactions: Zeffir

roxylove

Jan 26, 2011
westerville, oh
In my first full day with the S7 Edge I was not super impressed with the battery. From 7am to 9pm, from a full charge I ended the day around 10% with very minimal. Maybe the large screen takes up more juice than I thought---I was expecting the larger battery to last me quite a bit longer. Coming from the HTC M9 and that battery ended my day around 30%.

GeneralGiap

Mar 11, 2016
I fixed standby drain by turning off NFC and set OneDrive to only upload when charging. Donno if thats your problem, but its my best tips since it worked for me ;)

Thank you! After a few days usage, still not getting good battery life, usage time is around 11-12 hrs, the battery drain appears to be android system. I've turned off almost all apps from notifications and auto updates. Reading other posts the exynos version is getting great life. The 820 and Android system aren't playing nice...

Xeel

Mar 13, 2016
drained overnight

I fully charged the phone 100% before bed. Next morning, 8 hours later battery down to 12 % with android and screen sharing the usage. Next day I resetted the phone to uninstall all my apps and tried again - still almost same result. Is there anything I can do to investigate this? I have turned off Google Voice and Automatic Backups already - the huge battery is performing worse than the htc one m7 i replaced :(

Any suggestions?

Edit: Should have mentioned - the phone gets untouchable by morning! hot as anything - i guess i should be contacting Samsung

Last edited:

leoking3

Nov 15, 2005
Bucuresti
I fully charged the phone 100% before bed. Next morning, 8 hours later battery down to 12 % with android and screen sharing the usage. Next day I resetted the phone to uninstall all my apps and tried again - still almost same result. Is there anything I can do to investigate this? I have turned off Google Voice and Automatic Backups already - the huge battery is performing worse than the htc one m7 i replaced :(

Any suggestions?

Edit: Should have mentioned - the phone gets untouchable by morning! hot as anything - i guess i should be contacting Samsung

No suggestion. It is best to contact Samsung, as this behavior is not normal. These phones are made to be used, and not for us to turn off almost everything just to get through a day. :)

GeneralGiap

Mar 11, 2016

Any updates? did you try with AOD off? I think that was my issue, with AOD on, the phone never dozed...with it off, its sleeping like a baby! finally this crying baby is sleeping!!! :)

dodgeboy

Dec 6, 2006
Detroit, MI

Thanks for the ADB command. I'm showing "AlpmModeManager" as a "Doze_Wake_Lock" (I modified the grep string a bit because partial wasn't giving any hits)... Any idea what that is?

pietronigro

Mar 5, 2016
Guess when I tuned off the AOD xD

Fmq8kr

Just had to try tu turn it on to see how much drain I got, and it was ALOT! turn this (and NFC) off guys, and ur drains will be gone! =D

Last edited:

mitko76

Jan 26, 2009
London
Had an issue with the "Pocket" app. This awful crap drained almost 10% of my battery and I did not even used it (I did not setup the app and did not opened it.. not even once..). All good after I uninstalled it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

adb shell dumpsys power | grep -i partial_wake_lock

When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    HOW? 0% only? mine is 4% over 6 h. which firmware do u use? I have s7 edge

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

which firmware do u use?
    When i wrote that comment i was on pg3
    Now im on pgi its better

And for that above comment about no drain on 8hrs,is impossible
    Screenshots please and proof that you werent in flight mode

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

sleeps like a baby, 0% drain on 8h sleep.
    Would love to see some screenshots and proof

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app
    2-3% overnight for me. AOD off.
    Where can i turn those 2 features off? thank you

You will find voice recognition in the Google app under settings/voice/OK Google. The second one is in settings/backup and reset under samsung account.